Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I figure in 3 years my 2016 GT350 will be worth about the same as a 2017-18 ZL1. I'm interested in one if they are going to be as good as they are hyped.

Oh shit this thread is about the 1LE. Whatever.
The only people doing the hype about the zl1 and 1le are the people on this and other forums. 2 cars that can't even be bought yet. Keep your GT350. It's the better car long term.
Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Such hostility. Don't get that. Is this not an enthusiast site?

The built Challenger from Arrington. We also took turns swapping out in each others cars. The Viper was wicked but cramped on the inside. GT350 was the best exhaust note and had the best tire setup hands down. This was in Austin after the event. We took a drive through the hill country.
You will get used to that and may take some blocking of the less mature. Give it time, and if you continue as a true enthusiast you will be accepted I am sure. That being said, give some of these guys a break. You have seen the trolls pop up on this forum every time news about the 1LE is posted. I am in no way loyal to any car manufacturer, but even I get annoyed by people coming on here just to start crap on this or any forum.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Do you mind explaining to me how the SS already matches the GT350 please. And if youre talking 1/4 mile who cares. The gt350 is not a drag car. So many idiots on here keep brining that up. That's like saying the Z28 is a drag car.
Exactly! As has been mentioned, the Z06 looked to match the ACR on instrument tests and was significantly out matched on the track.

Who gives a crap about 1/4 miles times when comparing 2 track cars. Suppose it is good to demonstrate acceleration, but even then it doesnt show the full picture.

I am more interested in how well the 1LE carries speed in to the corners and accelerates out of them. That is what it will have to do well to have a chance competing with the GT350.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
The only people doing the hype about the zl1 and 1le are the people on this and other forums. 2 cars that can't even be bought yet. Keep your GT350. It's the better car long term.
Oh come on man. This site was blowing up before the GT350 was available. No need for hypocrisy.

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Mustang GT and 12 SRT8 Challenger
What I am seeing is blind fanboys that can't accept anything less than my favorite is god no matter the facts. All that does hurt all enthusiasts regardless of make.

I own many different vehicles...if you want to shit on any that isn't a blue oval go for it. That just hurts you in the long run.

The car doesn't make the driver...the driver makes the car.

Sponsored

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will get used to that and may take some blocking of the less mature. Give it time, and if you continue as a true enthusiast you will be accepted I am sure. That being said, give some of these guys a break. You have seen the trolls pop up on this forum every time news about the 1LE is posted. I am in no way loyal to any car manufacturer, but even I get annoyed by people coming on here just to start crap on this or any forum.
Yes and no. By all means have a favorite. But don't be blind to the competition. There is always someone better and faster than you.

While I'll never own a Camaro, regardless of its performance, that doesn't mean I don't respect what GM did with it. The alpha platform is amazing and what it's doing with numbers is nothing short of astonishing. Thankfully this is causing Ford to rethink the next Mustang platform and move it up. Also to address issues with the 6th gen sooner. This only benefits the Mustang owners.

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind explaining to me how the SS already matches the GT350 please. And if your talking 1/4 mile who cars. The gt350 is not a drag car. So many idiots on here keep brining that up. That's like saying the Z28 is a drag car.
I'll try even though you dislike hearing a voice that differs from yours.

MT, C&D, and R&T have shown the SS (2016) to not just surpass the 5.0 GT but come up to par on the GT350. Figure 8 times, lateral G measurements on both track and figure 8, Track times, and Drag Times all show this.

You've been dismissing said times by others posted here already with some strange reasoning and strong passion. Passion is good and all but don't let it blind you to the point you can only see yourself. When you keep moving the goal posts to fit your narrative it doesn't make for a good debate.

No reason to insult either...why are you so angry about it? Can you have a polite conversation with me on it?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I'll try even though you dislike hearing a voice that differs from yours.

MT, C&D, and R&T have shown the SS (2016) to not just surpass the 5.0 GT but come up to par on the GT350. Figure 8 times, lateral G measurements on both track and figure 8, Track times, and Drag Times all show this.

You've been dismissing said times by others posted here already with some strange reasoning and strong passion. Passion is good and all but don't let it blind you to the point you can only see yourself. When you keep moving the goal posts to fit your narrative it doesn't make for a good debate.

No reason to insult either...why are you so angry about it? Can you have a polite conversation with me on it?
No source on track times, the GT350 has only been professionally timed on Chuckwalla as of now which the new 6th gen SS has not. Everything else is very close, true. But those times don't necessarily add up to track times. Look at the Z06 vs the GTR, Z06 vs the Viper ACR, M2 vs M4, etc. The Z06 matched/was superior and still lost on the track. The M4 was superior in those stats but lost on the track.

I agree with you that the Alpha platform is fantastic. I just disagree that the SS is on par with a 350 on the track, that I do not find to be true. The 6th gen SS isn't even better than the 5th gen 1LE technically, as the the 6th gen didn't lap faster than the 5th gen 1LE (albeit very close) which had a large gap to the 5th gen Z28 which we have already seen to be slower than the R.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Oh yeah and @StrykerXM , how modded does a Challenger have to be to run on par with a GT350 in the corners? You're saying he only "kept up?" I'm only wondering because I know every challenger comes with a free anchor and outboard motor.
I want to know about his Challenger, too. Looking at those tires in the picture, those are some narrow ass tires for a big ass 4300lb boat. My quick ninja Googling skills have revealed the Arrington 440 to be an engine upgrade only. I don't see any suspension updates, etc.

Funny that a GTPP can beat a hellcat by over a second on road course, bone stock vs. bone stock. Video evidence is out there as it was done by a magazine and their drivers.

This only makes your statements seem even more farfetched that your Challenger could run with a GT350 in the turns and you only pulled him in the straights???????????? Please, please...lets see video proof of this.

Sponsored

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I just wanna say that I'm no fanboy. This is my first fast Ford. I came from 3 Camaro's, a GTO, a trailblazer SS, and an Audi.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Is this not an enthusiast site?
To clarify: it's a Mustang enthusiast site, with a small section dedicated to comparing the namesake car to other cars.

Protip: if you own a car, that's the topic car of a site, introduce yourself, show off the relevant car, make a contribution elsewhere before you come into a section and start carping about the "superiority" of another make/model.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
To clarify: it's a Mustang enthusiast site, with a small section dedicated to comparing the namesake car to other cars.

Protip: if you own a car, that's the topic car of a site, introduce yourself, show off the relevant car, make a contribution elsewhere before you come into a section and start carping about the "superiority" of another make/model.
Bingo! He Stryker says he owns a Mustang GT. I would like to see pictures of it.

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bingo! He Stryker says he owns a Mustang GT. I would like to see pictures of it.
I want to know about his Challenger, too. Looking at those tires in the picture, those are some narrow ass tires for a big ass 4300lb boat. My quick ninja Googling skills have revealed the Arrington 440 to be an engine upgrade only. I don't see any suspension updates, etc.

Funny that a GTPP can beat a hellcat by over a second on road course, bone stock vs. bone stock. Video evidence is out there as it was done by a magazine and their drivers.

This only makes your statements seem even more farfetched that your Challenger could run with a GT350 in the turns and you only pulled him in the straights???????????? Please, please...lets see video proof of this.
I don't use a go pro or any video while driving. I'll see if anyone with us did so. If you don't believe then that is ok with me...what would it really matter? You don't wish to believe...you've already made up your mind. If you want to ask any questions about my vehicles I'll be more than happy to answer them as an enthusiast.
Sponsored