12/15 Build Date

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Blend date on window is 12/15. I had never checked etis; it shows a build date of 30.11.002--whatever that means.
Hmm it sounds like your car got bumped to a later date. If it had been built on the 15th the Etis Build Date would have changed to reflect that by now. the 30.11.002 date is just a placeholder until it is actually built. Once built the date changes to the actual build date (mine says 17.12.2014). On your window sticker down at the bottom to the right of Method of Tranportation in the Item # section, you should see some numbers and then O/T followed by a 1 or 2. Does yours say O/T 1 or O/T 2?
Sponsored

ArkansasUte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
In waiting: 2015 Mustang GT, PP, Magnetic, Redline
Hmm it sounds like your car got bumped to a later date. If it had been built on the 15th the Etis Build Date would have changed to reflect that by now. the 30.11.002 date is just a placeholder until it is actually built. Once built the date changes to the actual build date (mine says 17.12.2014). On your window sticker down at the bottom to the right of Method of Tranportation in the Item # section, you should see some numbers and then O/T followed by a 1 or 2. Does yours say O/T 1 or O/T 2?
It say O/T 1

I don't understand why it would get bumped after a build date and window sticker has been assigned.

Thanks!

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
It say O/T 1

I don't understand why it would get bumped after a build date and window sticker has been assigned.

Thanks!
Ok O/T 1 is Retail so that is a good thing. No telling why it would be bumped but it has happened to a few people on here. It could be contraints or over scheduling or someone's priority bumped you down. Unfortunately if you got bumped any later than today or tomorrow than the earliest you will get built is 1/5 after the plant shutdown. Regardless, if it is built today or tomorrow it won't ship before the shutdown. Have you contacted Rachel on here (search for user FordService and send her a private message with your VIN) or your dealer to see what is going on?

ArkansasUte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
In waiting: 2015 Mustang GT, PP, Magnetic, Redline
Ok O/T 1 is Retail so that is a good thing. No telling why it would be bumped but it has happened to a few people on here. It could be contraints or over scheduling or someone's priority bumped you down. Unfortunately if you got bumped any later than today or tomorrow than the earliest you will get built is 1/5 after the plant shutdown. Regardless, if it is built today or tomorrow it won't ship before the shutdown. Have you contacted Rachel on here (search for user FordService and send her a private message with your VIN) or your dealer to see what is going on?
Thanks!

Yes, Rachel has been great! Rachel and dealer can't tell what is going on other than it is hung up in production. At one point my dealer told me he had a delivery date of 12/26--that doesn't seem to be likely.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!

Yes, Rachel has been great! Rachel and dealer can't tell what is going on other than it is hung up in production. At one point my dealer told me he had a delivery date of 12/26--that doesn't seem to be likely.
Dang, that stinks! Hopefully it gets ironed out and on it's way.

Sponsored

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
So my dealer finally returned my call and said as of 4AM my car was on a a railcar in Louisville, KY on its way to Jacksonville, FL.

My EDD dropped to 1/1/15 over the weekend. /happydance

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I made a seperate thread not knowing you guys had more than just 12/15 build dates in this thread haha.

My EB with performance package has a 12/16 build and blend date. Original Edd was 2/05 but has since disappeared.

It would be cool to get it before New Years but I'm guessing mid January is more likely. I sent Rachel the vin to see what she can find.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I made a seperate thread not knowing you guys had more than just 12/15 build dates in this thread haha.

My EB with performance package has a 12/16 build and blend date. Original Edd was 2/05 but has since disappeared.

It would be cool to get it before New Years but I'm guessing mid January is more likely. I sent Rachel the vin to see what she can find.
I had something similar happen to me this weekend - blend 12/16, build 12/17, orignal EDD 2/7, EDD on 12/18 of 1/7 - then Saturday, EDD disappeared altogether, and moved back to "Awaiting Shipment". By Sunday night though, it had returned to "In Transit", with EDD changing to 1/10. One of two things happened IMO: COTUS was updating (seems to happen on the weekends); car was being transferred between carriers. Given the change in EDD, I'm leaning towards the latter in my case. I wouldn't worry, especially if you see a build date on ETIS.

Rafeism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB w/PP (on order)
Finally in Transit! My EDD went back 3 days though to 1/04 :( . Real question is, how is it being sent...my money is on Rail then convoy...hoping the dealer knows.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I had something similar happen to me this weekend - blend 12/16, build 12/17, orignal EDD 2/7, EDD on 12/18 of 1/7 - then Saturday, EDD disappeared altogether, and moved back to "Awaiting Shipment". By Sunday night though, it had returned to "In Transit", with EDD changing to 1/10. One of two things happened IMO: COTUS was updating (seems to happen on the weekends); car was being transferred between carriers. Given the change in EDD, I'm leaning towards the latter in my case. I wouldn't worry, especially if you see a build date on ETIS.
Good news! Rachel says my new edd is 1/3 more than a month early!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rafeism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB w/PP (on order)
its confirmed that my stang is currently being shipped by rail to wentzville MO, and then by truck to STL. I'm currently hoping to have it by friday or saturday, but I'm just floored its on the way.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I am convinced my car will never officially ship. I have an EDD of 1/12 and it has been built since 12/17/ I know many have been waiting much longer but I felt the need to bitch once :thumbsup::hail::cool::ninja:

2015 drof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
I feel your pain. I ordered on 10/7!
Ford should have instructed dealers to inform customers the order process can take up to 6 months. Every dealer I have ever spoken with kept saying 6-8 weeks or 8-12. On Dec 30, I will be at 12 week mark and no car. So now I'm thinking, is there another car out there around the same dollar amount with approximately the same horsepower and handling? Hmmmm, :headbonk:

Iggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
its confirmed that my stang is currently being shipped by rail to wentzville MO, and then by truck to STL. I'm currently hoping to have it by friday or saturday, but I'm just floored its on the way.
That's interesting that yours is going by rail since I'm just across the river from St Louis and mine was convoy all the way. I talked to the driver and he had the truck the whole way from Flat Rock.

Maybe policy is anything west of the Mississippi is rail and I got the break with the cut off of being only 18 miles from the Mississippi.

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Railcar loaded with my 2015 is now on the BNSF Railroad. EDD 1/4/2015, train departed Chicago Chicago last night and is scheduled to arrive Kansas City this morning. Will be switched to train to come to Omaha scheduled to arrive 12/24!!

Unfortunately due to holiday car will sit there for a few days before being unloaded, and we will be at family out of town so with any luck I will get back Sunday and get the car on Monday 12/27.:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Sponsored