Sponsored

Hooked on Meth

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
So i took the plunge and tried the Meth. All i can say is wow!!. Anyone battling hot IAT's should really consider trying it. My JTB with 3.33 upper and 20% OD lower are really generating some heat. I tried the custom intercooler route first and dropped my IAT's from 165 down to 150-155 or so. So not much at all. So after installing the meth my IAT's are now 85-90 degrees through the pull no matter what! I was shocked! I also relcoated my IAT sensor to the rear of the intake manifold using a VMP IAT sensor and harness. Interesting info is that the sensor in the intake manifold actually shows 15-20 degrees hotter than the IAT sensor at the MAF. So all that BS about moving the sensor
To the intake manifold for cooler temps seems to be BS.

I went with an Alky control kit and this is what i came up with.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its weird to see my IAT's start at 100 and go down to 90 degrees at the top of 4th when before it would go from 90 to 160 IAT's

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
How often do you need to fill up the Meth tank on street driving?

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
How often do you need to fill up the Meth tank on street driving?
Tim it will all depend on how much you get into WOT, but mine lasts me 2-3 tanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Very nice setup!

I'm also waiting to install my Alky kit. Very interesting spot you chose to mount the IAT sensor. I was worried about obstructing the flow to the cylinder mounting it there. Thinking about mounting my nozzle in the very beginning of the metal procharger pipe and the IAT at the end before the throttle body.

Are you running straight methanol or a mix? Also curious how the tuning process went since there are many settings on the controller. Did you work with a tuner while setting up the system or leave the tune as-is?

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice setup!

I'm also waiting to install my Alky kit. Very interesting spot you chose to mount the IAT sensor. I was worried about obstructing the flow to the cylinder mounting it there. Thinking about mounting my nozzle in the very beginning of the metal procharger pipe and the IAT at the end before the throttle body.

Are you running straight methanol or a mix? Also curious how the tuning process went since there are many settings on the controller. Did you work with a tuner while setting up the system or leave the tune as-is?
Thank you, in a boosted setup i dont think its as crucial for the intake runner since its under pressure. Its not being drawn in like an NA setup. This was on 100% meth and the tune self adjusted really well. It runs a tad richer than it did before. So im going to try 75/25 per Lund to see if it leans back out just a bit to where i was before the meth.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
So i took the plunge and tried the Meth. All i can say is wow!!. Anyone battling hot IAT's should really consider trying it. My JTB with 3.33 upper and 20% OD lower are really generating some heat. I tried the custom intercooler route first and dropped my IAT's from 165 down to 150-155 or so. So not much at all. So after installing the meth my IAT's are now 85-90 degrees through the pull no matter what! I was shocked! I also relcoated my IAT sensor to the rear of the intake manifold using a VMP IAT sensor and harness. Interesting info is that the sensor in the intake manifold actually shows 15-20 degrees hotter than the IAT sensor at the MAF. So all that BS about moving the sensor
To the intake manifold for cooler temps seems to be BS.

I went with an Alky control kit and this is what i came up with.

What is the fitting screwed into in the tube just before the throttle body? I assume there is something meal inside the tube since it wouldn't stat in just the rubber hose.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the fitting screwed into in the tube just before the throttle body? I assume there is something meal inside the tube since it wouldn't stat in just the rubber hose.
That the meth nozzle. Please post again in english.... lmao.

I dont know what you are asking.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
That the meth nozzle. Please post again in english.... lmao.

I dont know what you are asking.
I think he's asking how the nozzle stays in the rubber inlet...like there must be a nut/etc on the inside to hold it in place.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)