Sponsored

Autoline TV

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
http://www.autoline.tv/show/1812

Dave Pericak, Chief Engineer, Ford Mustang, Moray Callum, VP of Design, Ford, Steven Ling, Mustang Marketing. Topic: New Ford Mustang.

It was April 14, 1964 the day the world met Mustang. From that historic day in New York to the unveiling of today’s latest pony car, the Mustang has become one of the most beloved automotive icons. On this week’s Autoline, John McElroy welcomes the dream team who brought the 50th anniversary edition to life including: Chief Engineer Dave Pericak; Moray Callum Ford’s VP of Design, and Marketing Manager Steve Ling.
Sponsored

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
It's interesting they call April 17 the birthday when the Mustang was revealed on the the 14th.

How awesome to live in a day when you could buy a car off the lot 3 days after it was revealed to the world.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
It's interesting they call April 17 the birthday when the Mustang was revealed on the the 14th.

How awesome to live in a day when you could buy a car off the lot 3 days after it was revealed to the world.
I've always wondered about that. I've seen several pictures over the years showing the Mustang being on display on April 14th. My understanding has always been that it was "introduced" to the public on the 17th. In my mind, that's wrong. The only thing significant about the 17th is that's when it went on sale.

Sponsored

KZStang

It was accidentally sold by an overzealous dealer a day early. The 17th is not insignificant. It is both the official sale date and the date of Ford's press conference introducing the car. The World's Fair started before then and Ford had the car on display beginning on the 14th, is my understanding. To me, the 17th is the right date to use, when Iacocca formally announced the car to the world.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I Love Thunderbirds too but This Dumbass Still Didn't get it even after the segment was over...:tsk:
That was the most painful thing to watch...ever.

WRC

Looking forward to this. Has anyone seen the transcript yet?

I'm sure specs wont be addressed but I hope at least some details about the platform, materials used etc are discussed. There's so little info about it, not even what the actual platform is called.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I'm sure specs wont be addressed but I hope at least some details about the platform, materials used etc are discussed. There's so little info about it, not even what the actual platform is called.
Ditto, I think we know of probably four things about the platform:

1. It's all-new
  2. It only shares the wheelbase with the outgoing car
  3. It's supposedly lighter
  4. It's steel with a few aluminum body panels

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Well it's April 11... what gives Autoline the vid should be available.

Edit: didn't see the 1130 part.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
You will learn nothing new...same talking points heard already.

Oh...it will be raced in all kinds of motorsports....soon. Thats all.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford has secretly been building saleable '15 Mustangs for weeks.. & on Monday they will announce that they're available for purchase on the 17th! :D

Tempus

Threads
Reaction score
Ditto, I think we know of probably four things about the platform:

1. It's all-new
  2. It only shares the wheelbase with the outgoing car
  3. It's supposedly lighter
  4. It's steel with a few aluminum body panels
@22mins....

Dave does talk about a little about the new subframe up front and torsional rigidity greatly improved with the new chassis, additional bracing up front etc.