Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Not much more revealing, but independent rear suspension seen again.

Still a 2013 body sitting on a 2015 chassis. Manufacturers plates.

Supposedly of a vehicle being worked on by a company that's been closely involved with Ford and the Mustang in the past (perhaps a supplier or tuner?).

2015mustang-mule1.jpg

2015mustang-mule2.jpg
Sponsored

KZStang

The track (esp the rear) appears to be wider with that s197 body. Agree, not much to see here, but good to see some more pics rolling in.

8cyl

Good or bad finally some new s550 pics!

What's with the lack of exhaust? And the exhaust opening obviously unfinished... like someone took scissors to them.

KZStang

Good or bad finally some new s550 pics!

What's with the lack of exhaust? And the exhaust opening obviously unfinished... like someone took scissors to them.
Yea looks like we may get quad exhaust tips or would be very big dual tips.

:thumbsup:

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197

Someone's gonna need one of these once Ford gets wind of this. Not a good move on their part. That said, nothing really new to see here. The (what appear to be) Forgeline wheels are an interesting touch though.

Sponsored

stangray11

Yea someone getting canned for sure.

Feb plates (just observation). From the wear on the body panels and tires been tested on the road maybe with different exhaust ?

JackHoya

Interesting doesnt have the new front fascia. The stance definitely seems wider than the other mules that have been spotted. Corner blind spot mirrors slightly different...

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
So this defiantly confirms that the 2015 mustang will be significantly wider. Due to the gas cap being covered and the wheels sticking out a significant amount from the wheel wells. Great, just what I needed, someone with a closer target to hit there door with. :/

On test mules like this, is the interior new too? Or is it just the chassis that is changed.

Mriley

Well we didn't need more confirmation of IRS but the wider stance would be welcome for me.

There's a car behind the yellow screen, anyone tell what it is?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Agreed, it doesn't show too much that we don't already know, but I'll take my spyshots whenever and however I can :thumbsup:

I need to compare like for like, but this certainly looks like the same mule spotted earlier. Those hacked up exhaust outlets look the same, although it's now running different (wider) wheels.

StangFX

I wouldn't be surprised if they had several of these look alike mules testing diff things. As you guys tho, I'm just glad to see new pics. Seeing as how this isn't one of those intentional leaks I'm hopeful the next one will be more revealing. Hopefully a prototype not another s197 body.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Agreed, looking again, the latest mule has a GT faux gas cap, the earlier one a V6, so very likely multiple cars out there. The cutting of the rear valance is pretty uniform between them though.

Someone, somewhere, must recognise that facility. The yellow glass is pretty unusual.

I also agree, I hope the next shots are of an S550-bodied prototype and not an S197 mule.

:)

shelby1k

Good pick up on that. Definitely diff gas cap covers. Also either one of these (or neither) could be the one that was spotted at Sebring last year. Tho the one in the video has a white (not black) gas cap cover and has the shape of the v6 one...

Mriley

Hmm interesting...

Here's my crazy theory. See that car behind the yellow screen just above the roof of the mule? Sure looks like it could be a silver 911 Carerra S which is what the guy who captured the Sebring video said that mule was testing against. Maybe what we're looking at is Ford's own proving grounds where they are testing against different vehicles?
Sponsored