Sponsored

Artificial sound pumped through speakers

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
I may be crazy, but here we go. ....
I had an aftermarket stereo put in the car, and afterwards, it almost seems like the exhaust is much louder when at WOT since then . Now, I'm pushing 75w rms per channel, way more than stock obviously, thought was that Ford maybe pushes the exhaust sound artificially through the speakers. Can someone please confirm that I'm wrong about this. Thanks!
Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Plenty of cars do that these day but Ford would be sacrificed if they did that in this car.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Plenty of cars do that these day but Ford would be sacrificed if they did that in this car.
Pretty much. The car is loud enough as it is. Sound piping is done mainly for all those cars whose soul has been silenced by turbos.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
There is no electronic feedback, only the sound tube from the intake to the firewall feeding it back acoustically

Sponsored

OP
OP

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
There is no electronic feedback, only the sound tube from the intake to the firewall feeding it back acoustically

Maybe the sound dampening material placed in the car has enhanced that noise, ahem, beautiful music, in the cabin.
Thanks for confirming, guys!

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Did you find a way to get an aftermarket stereo to work with SYNC or steering wheel controls ? If not then your sound system is isolated from the car and would be impossible to send the artificial exhaust sound through the speakers. But if you did find a way to get an aftermarket stereo to work with the SYNC system please share it with the rest of us

OP
OP

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
Did you find a way to get an aftermarket stereo to work with SYNC or steering wheel controls ? If not then your sound system is isolated from the car and would be impossible to send the artificial exhaust sound through the speakers. But if you did find a way to get an aftermarket stereo to work with the SYNC system please share it with the rest of us

As much as I'd love to tell you that I have a different head unit, no. I have the basic, basic head unit that comes with the track pack, but am running and sound processor (audio control) out the back of it to the amps. As soon as we've found a solution to get a reasonable head unit in there, I'm buying it

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I don't believe the 350 has this tube.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I may be crazy, but here we go. ....
I had an aftermarket stereo put in the car, and afterwards, it almost seems like the exhaust is much louder when at WOT since then . Now, I'm pushing 75w rms per channel, way more than stock obviously, thought was that Ford maybe pushes the exhaust sound artificially through the speakers. Can someone please confirm that I'm wrong about this. Thanks!
My first assumption would be that your better stereo puts out improved sound. I have noticed that with a really good stereo system you can have the music quite loud and still talk and be heard. I think that's because there's less superfluous noise or the speakers are more accurate or something on that order (I'm not an audiophile). So you probably hear the exhaust better because the stereo is better. No vast conspiracy or anything. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
My first assumption would be that your better stereo puts out improved sound. I have noticed that with a really good stereo system you can have the music quite loud and still talk and be heard. I think that's because there's less superfluous noise or the speakers are more accurate or something on that order (I'm not an audiophile). So you probably hear the exhaust better because the stereo is better. No vast conspiracy or anything. ;)
Either way, it's loud as hell, and I love it!

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
Pretty much. The car is loud enough as it is. Sound piping is done mainly for all those cars whose soul has been silenced by turbos.
Hate to brake it to ya but they do use Engine Sound Enhancement pumped through the speakers. (and as others have pointed out no sound tube)

qSemHC6.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Let the lynching begin.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'd like to know their reasoning, seeing as how the cars are loud in its stock form, the R, even more so.
Sponsored