Sponsored

Best tune to get rid of rev hang?

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ok I love the car so far but this rev hang is getting on my last nerves. Having to sit there and wait for the rpms to drop after pressing the clutch is killing me. Coming from an older car this was never an issue, and and thinking about getting a tune and saying forget the warranty.
Sponsored

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
I noticed that too. I thought it was a heavy flywheel because the car doesn't rev exceptionally fast either. It's something in the tune that causes it?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Ok I love the car so far but this rev hang is getting on my last nerves. Having to sit there and wait for the rpms to drop after pressing the clutch is killing me. Coming from an older car this was never an issue, and and thinking about getting a tune and saying forget the warranty.
Lund Racing custom tuned nGauge through us would be your best bet. Might as well do a JLT intake at the same time and enjoy the extra 25-30rwhp gains. Our car picked up peak-to-peak gains of 26.7 horsepower and 24.93 lb-ft of torque and the tunes have gotten even better since then. Give us a call if you have any other questions or need assistance placing the order. :cheers:

Here's a link to all of our power packages. Pay close attention to the JLT w/nGauge kit as that's exclusively available through us.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/power-packs

Stilleto12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500, '03 Miata LS (daily)
Here's a link to a web page that explains rev hang.
http://www.revhang.altervista.org/

Sponsored

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
This is the one thing I hated about the tune that came with my intake. I am running 93oct sct x4 canned tune now and it does not hang the revs. Kinda sucks tho because I am not getting the full potential of the intake.

Any feedback on if a Lund tune has the rev hang?

Last edited:

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just ask Steeda to revise your tune to eliminate rev hang. You don't need another company writing your tune.
I would, but they don't even have a tune for the intake with the restrictor tube removed. :headbonk:

Last edited:

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I would, but they don't even have a tune for the intake with the restrictor tube removed. I'm pretty disappointed in the purchase. I should have gone with JLT intake and run the canned sct tune. :headbonk:
We've got the restrictorless tune available, either head to steeda.com/tuning to complete the tune form or shoot me a pm with any questions.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
what tune/intake are you running?
I have a Steeda CAI connected to my Boss intake manifold all custom tuned by Matt Honeycutt from Redliners Tuning. Just got a revision from him over the weekend to soften up my throttle after 5 years of Katana-sharp throttle settings. I'm thrilled about it. I had Steeda tunes for about 3-ish years and was very happy with them too. Switched after Gus left.

We've got the restrictorless tune available, either head to steeda.com/tuning to complete the tune form or shoot me a pm with any questions.

I think you should send out mass emails/PM's to current Steeda tune owners since it seems many are in the dark about your updates.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I wish I could fit the Boss intake under this hood without doing motor mounts.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ok, David. ill send in a tune request. hoping it doesnt do the weird rev hang thing again.

Last edited:

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
That "rev hang" you're talking about, it's actually a rev match but only for up shifts. It lowers the rpm down to where you shift in the next gear up then holds it for a bit expecting you to shift into the next gear and make the change smoother.

So I'm not sure why it's any kind of problem unless you're doing something weird like revving high in a gear then clutching in and not engine braking or something for a stop. This certainly does nothing for emissions and not dumping unburned fuel, because I've got glorious popping sounds on most shifts and over-run with stock everything but axle-back.
Sponsored