Sponsored

SCT X4 "NO BUENO"

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Anyone buy, install and use with success? I am thinking I should flatbed the car back to the shop tomorrow or hurt it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything more specific than "no Bueno"?
Got and paid for the tuner, waited 2 weeks for the "custom tunes". Tried to install but computer didn't recognize the tuner. The tuner isn't up for Windows 8. Really? Did Windows 8 come out just recently? Finally after almost an hour on the phone with SCT Windows 8 issue fixed. Go to download or upload (whatever) tunes and the tunes aren't for my car or tuner. Call and fix this problem. Install tunes, run the car that pukes and bucks. Try to reinstall factory settings. Handheld says not "married" to car. I can understand this because now neither am I. Think the car will at least me get me home 10 miles away. Barely, in between the bucking. Gonna flatbed in the morning, burn it, call insurance company and drive me new twin turbo Super Duty which now runs circles around my 5.0 GT.

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Remember that thread "how safe are tunes?"
I stand by my comments in that thread.
Same thing I said there applies here. A tuner seeing what the car is doing and making adjustments will most likely be able to fix it. And again, by tuner I mean an actual human being.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
SCT X4 "NO BUENO"

Who was the tune by?

While it's of little help now, one thing to always try is flashing the stock tune first to make sure you can go back.

I suspect a little time with the Tuner will get you up and running like intended.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
These cars have a tune loaded from the factory. Tunes are completely safe. I had over a dozen on my 13 from N/A to blower tune with E85.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
The X4's require the strategy code in order to provide custom tuning.

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
My x4 works just fine with my 15. Custom dyno tunes are always better than email imo

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
What has your 2 week tuner said?

It's not a tune problem. A lot of people have tuned cars, it's the TUNERS problem.

Maybe if you email them some data logs they can fix it!

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I had somewhat of an issue with mine from Bama which i will be calling on Monday. I did two base pulls on the dyno then proceeded to upload the 91 tune. Once it was uploaded and try doing two more dyno pulls, once the car got to 4300 rpm that was it. The power would just drop dramatically. For whatever the reason, the traction control would come on and stay on. We unplugged the battery top reset the computer, got going again and the same thing. None of this happened before the tune. So, i was left with not knowing the horsepower increase on my car. I do have to say that the car runs fine. No issue there besides the dyno. Also, the traction control was turned off prior to doing all dynos pulls!

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had somewhat of an issue with mine from Bama which i will be calling on Monday. I did two base pulls on the dyno then proceeded to upload the 91 tune. Once it was uploaded and try doing two more dyno pulls, once the car got to 4300 rpm that was it. The power would just drop dramatically. For whatever the reason, the traction control would come on and stay on. We unplugged the battery top reset the computer, got going again and the same thing. None of this happened before the tune. So, i was left with not knowing the horsepower increase on my car. I do have to say that the car runs fine. No issue there besides the dyno. Also, the traction control was turned off prior to doing all dynos pulls!
Sounds similar to my issue. And then just normal driving home would start to buck. I am going to post a few things the handheld says in the screen. See if your is similar.
DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0075.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0058.JPG

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Well this is disappointing news, given that my Bama handheld tuner is about to be delivered and I intend to install the sport tune as soon as I get the FR touring cat backs on.

Any advice from you guys about how I should proceed? I was gonna upload the tune myself but now I'm thinking I should take the car and the Bama handheld to a local performance tune shop and let them load it up.
Sponsored