Ford.com.au updated

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
attachment.jpg

Gents,
I haven't noticed this until today but Ford have updated their website with the specs for the Aussie Mustang.

The only options will be fastback or convertible, and GT or ECO and auto/manual and I suppose colour.

I also couldn't see the toggle switches listed under the specs. It comes standard with the PP by the looks of it with the black wheels and heated/cooled leather seats. The rear spoiler will also be on it.

See Below cut & pasted from Ford.com.au
http://www.ford.com.au/cars/new-mustang/specifications/spec-options
Key Features
Remote Keyless Entry
Exhaust - Stainless Steel, Dual
Rear Diffuser
HID Headlamps
LED Tail Lamps
Fog Lamps
Daytime Running Lights (DTRL)
Mirrors - Heated, Body Coloured, Dual Power with Integrated Turn Signals
Pony Projection Lights
Rain Sensing wipers
Rear Window Defroster
Dual zone climate control
Satellite Navigation
Automatic On-Off Headlamps
Floor Mats (front and back)
Windows - electronically operated front and rear with one-touch lowering/close driver and passenger windows
Leather Steering Wheel with tilt + telescoping, cruise and audio controls
Leather Wrapped Park Brake
Illuminated Visors - Driver and Passenger
Intelligent access with push button start
Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror
Aluminum Foot Pedals
Ambient Lighting
Cup holders x 2
Illuminated Scuff Plates
Driver and Passenger Climate Controlled Leather Seats (Heated & Cooled)
6-Way Power Driver Seat and Power Lumbar
SYNC™ 2 connectivity system with voice-activated hands free calling, automatic phone book transfer, text messaging support (compatible phones only), digital music player support and emergency assist
8" Colour Touch Screen
Bluetooth® mobile phone integration
iPod Integration
USB Integration
9 Speaker Sound System with Amplifier
MyKey™
AdvanceTrac® with Electronic Stability Control® (ESC)
Driver/Passenger Side Impact Airbags
Dual Front Airbags
Driver Knee Airbag
Active Glovebox Knee Airbag (Front Passenger)
Rear View Camera System
Illuminated Entry
LATCH (Lower Anchors & Tethers for Children)
Personal Safety System® for Driver and Front Pass
Securilock® Passive Anti-Theft (PATS)
SOS Post Crash Alert System
Perimeter Alarm
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
That's quite a drop in power.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
They have the wheels all wrong with 275s all round on the convertible and 255s on the fastback.

No sign of the PP with only 4 piston brakes up front.

No PP could be a deal breaker for me.

Is the power and torque artificially lowered so as not to show up the XR8 or is our fuel that bad?

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
The US power/torque figures are usually measured differently than other countries, although that's a fair difference...

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
It doesn't explain why there's no difference in power with the Ecoboost.

I'm guessing a compromise in the headers for RHD is the main cause.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
They have the wheels all wrong with 275s all round on the convertible and 255s on the fastback.

No sign of the PP with only 4 piston brakes up front.

No PP could be a deal breaker for me.

Is the power and torque artificially lowered so as not to show up the XR8 or is our fuel that bad?
I would guess that you are right there OZ, though it would be hard to beat the supercharged XR8 on offer.

I see that the fuel for the v8 is 98 RON, and 91 for the eco. The wheels are 19 black painted machined alloy whch is different to the black PP wheels. Also I notice the convertible is listed as having bigger tyres than the fastback??

It's not a deal breaker for me, but after the falcon gets killed off it will be interesting what changes they do make to the options, it might not be a keeper if it's too watered down.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I think someone has made a mistake with the wheels and tyres. It has the 'vert with 9" front and 9.5" rears but 275s all round whereas they have the coupe with 9" front and back and 255s. I think this is a typo.

I'm sure this spec sheet has only just gone up and will be expanded. It has an explanation about NCO, Accessories and Packs then with no reference to them in the tables.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get the full fruit PP with its 6 piston Brembos, monotube shocks, larger radiator and Torsen diff plus all the other chassis changes; strut and K braces etc...

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
FFS I had something all typed up but had to enter all my details....

It seems like their list is correct and incorrect, like the fuel and power seems in line with EU export specs but it still says sequential taillights.

If they are correct however, I like it pretty much, with a couple of exceptions.

I like the standard GT brakes, they are more than enough and weigh less and give more (lighter) wheel options. Hopefully DBA will have a two-piece rotor setup for them too.

I think we got most of the PP except brakes and the Torsen (which I want). I'm pretty sure we'll get the bigger radiator, that just makes sense, less overheating issues on export models for a little (if any to be honest) extra cost.

climate-controlled seats standard - no brainer in Australia.

I'm interested to see how the HIDs work out. I thought it was mandatory to have headlight washers, which have not been seen anywhere have they? Maybe a brightness level they are required or something? I thought they were going to cheap out on export models and use Halogens.

It will be interesting, the 12-speaker sound system, brakes and Torsen in my mind are likely to be options.

OP
OP

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
A few article are now surfacing with ford officially releasing the specs, which are obviously typed up wrong:

Practical motoring confirmed we won't be getting the Line Lock function and this about the tyres:
"The eagle-eyed readers will spot the wheel and tyre differences, well with the EcoBoost Mustang running 255/40/19 (with an outside diameter of 687mm and the V8 wearing 275/40/19 which equates to an outside diameter of 702mm, so the V8’s tyres are 16mm taller – there is a precedent for this with the likes of the FPV GT F.

We’ve asked Ford Australia if this tyre diameter difference means the V8 Mustang will sit 8mm taller than the EcoBoost model, and we’ll update this article with the answer as soon as we hear back."
It further includes the Brembo 6 piston brakes as standard on the v8 as do a couple of other articles, and confirmed the v8 has the 275 tyres and the eco boost has the 250 tyres.

Ford are saying this in Motoring.com.au about the difference between USA & AU power figures:
"Update, December 9: Ford Australia has advised this morning that the difference in official output figures relate to the different standards used – DIN versus SAE. According to Ford spokesman Neil McDonald the peak power is the same for both countries, when measured in accordance with the same standard.

As of 5pm today Ford was looking into the question of power figures for the EcoBoost four-cylinder engine in the Mustang. The SAE (US) and DIN (Australian) power figures for the four-cylinder engine are 233kW and 231kW respectively, separated by just 2kW. Torque figures are 2Nm different as well."

More updates to come for the europeans as well this tidbit was included in the article"
It's not just Australian Mustang buyers who miss out on the full power-packed experience. For Europe the V8 Mustang is officially rated at 418PS (307kW).

OP
OP

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
We will also be getting the stepped rims 9.0 front and 9.5 rear wheels on the v8 fastback. Also the LED sequential tail lamps which I am confused about whether they are the USA ones or the clear coloured lens ones featured around the euro spec posts? Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Ford are saying this in Motoring.com.au about the difference between USA & AU power figures:
"Update, December 9: Ford Australia has advised this morning that the difference in official output figures relate to the different standards used – DIN versus SAE. According to Ford spokesman Neil McDonald the peak power is the same for both countries, when measured in accordance with the same standard.

As of 5pm today Ford was looking into the question of power figures for the EcoBoost four-cylinder engine in the Mustang. The SAE (US) and DIN (Australian) power figures for the four-cylinder engine are 233kW and 231kW respectively, separated by just 2kW. Torque figures are 2Nm different as well."
In other words how can the V8 drop 7% of it's power by converting from standard to standard, but the Ecoboost drops next to no power when doing the same? That's a major contradiction and unfortunately makes Ford look bad, especially after being at a loss to explain this power drop when first asked about it.

There is no way you can drop 21kW by going from SAE to DIN. I'm no expert by any stretch but I can't think of any vehicle that is sold globally that can very that much.

Does anyone know more about converting SAE to DIN?

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
1 SAE HP = 1.01387 DIN HP, or 0.74570kW

435 SAE HP = 441 DIN HP

or 324.4kW

How did they get 303kW??

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
Had a call from my dealer today as they wanted to confirm my order which was V8 fastback GT + PP, colour Competition Orange. Reason being all dealer sales managers are meeting in Geelong tomorrow for Mustang training and Ford wanting details of orders in hand.
So hopefully we will soon have accurate info to what's available and options :cheers:
I'm starting to get a little excited now, been trying to keep a lid on it as I've had my order in for 12 months now, just hope that Ford Australia don't stuff this up!!

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Had a call from my dealer today as they wanted to confirm my order which was V8 fastback GT + PP, colour Competition Orange. Reason being all dealer sales managers are meeting in Geelong tomorrow for Mustang training and Ford wanting details of orders in hand.
So hopefully we will soon have accurate info to what's available and options :cheers:
I'm starting to get a little excited now, been trying to keep a lid on it as I've had my order in for 12 months now, just hope that Ford Australia don't stuff this up!!
Was your dealer reasonably confident we'd get the PP?

I'm also keen to place a deposit if we're getting the spec you want. (I assume you want a manual?) The spec sheet Ford published on their site dented my confidence as there's no mention of six pot Brembos.