Sponsored

Ford.com.au updated

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Wouldn't it be better to wait and get a 2016 build plate then? Also hope they give us the gauges and toggles. Would be a shame if aus miss out
Sponsored

OP
OP

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Put my order in today and deposit down. Black V8 Fastback manual. Now the real wait begins.

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Lol good work utedog. Can I ask how much deposit did you have to put down? Its refundable?

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
Was your dealer reasonably confident we'd get the PP?

I'm also keen to place a deposit if we're getting the spec you want. (I assume you want a manual?) The spec sheet Ford published on their site dented my confidence as there's no mention of six pot Brembos.
Yes Manual, this sales guy would not have known what PP was although I did hear him say 6 pot Brembos when rattling off from the dealer info sheet, but that may have been wishful thinking.

OP
OP

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I asked how much he said, 5000 or a thousand, and i said "I can do a thousand." he said, sure, didn't even ask about the refund. I guess I'll have to ask that question this time next year.
He has a document from Ford sent out from His regional manager where they are being required to nominate all their orders, and whether the orders are deposit down or not. They even want to know customers details , what wheel choices customers wanted, colour etc. I read some of it and the order process for ford will be customer driven in that they are going to order what customers want rather than order in heaps and hope to sell them.
I would suggest if you are interested go in and let your dealer know what you want so they can tell HQ.

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I've placed an order subject to;

Price
Specification
Colour
Inspection

All noted on the contract just as above.

Now to wait and see.

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
How long do they normally have a demo car to drive before official delivery? 6 months in advance?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Ford are doing some big promo for new years eve with a mustang in sydney for the fireworks, no doubt it will be a left hand drive one and not one with aussie specs on it. I just don't see the point in promoting something which is not what they are selling.

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
Got an email from my Ford sales rep, that had a brochure attached. Although it does state that there may be differences from o/seas models. It does list the 6 pot brembo's up front.

Here's hoping.

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
Brochure attached. Hopefully!
I have put down 1k deposit on 2015 GT Magnetic manual!
Can't wait. Just hope the aussie dollar doesn't dive any further!

Attachments

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Thanks for posting up the brochure Rob.

I think we (I) can rest easy as it looks like it must be the performance pack on the GT with the Brembos, 9" & 9.5" wheel combo and the mono tube shockers.

It will be interesting to see if we get the short 3.73 diff of the US performance pack or as I read somewhere, the slightly taller 3.55 ratio which would do two things;

1. Better fuel economy on the run.

2. Alleviate the need for a change into third for the 0-100 times.

Looks like we don't get the Shaker Pro audio system which is probably no great loss.
Sponsored