Sponsored

First 2015 Mustang GT Owner's Review

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350

Initial observations (compared to my '11, and maybe the '01):

Sound: Quiet.. almost too quiet. I had Roush exhaust on my '11, but its quiet even for a stock '11.

Interior: Interior is incredible. I like the smaller steering wheel, feels smaller than the '11 (but I know its not that smaller.) I have to spend some time tweaking all the settings and seat etc, then we'll see how a longer drive feels. Its not cramped, and I feel like I have a lot more leg room.

View: The view is SOOOO much better. I am really surprised by how much better I can see (I don't feel like I am peering over a slab like the '11.) BUT it still looks very long and the lines are very cool. View out side mirrors? BADASS.

Feel: It feels very refined, like an '01 BULLITT to an '08 BULLITT did. Its a much much more refined car. That could be good or bad depending on your perspective.

Electronics: I might just pass on getting Forza Horizon 2 today, and play with electronics in the stang all weekend ;) Lots of cool stuff.

Driving: I could see someone getting themselves into trouble with this car, even more than normal. It instills a lot of confidence when driving. More sure-footed than any mustang I have driven, and more than most cars I have been in period. Just feels very refined (there's that word again.)

Quality: So far so good.. except for the hood clasp. Lines look okay, but the plastic piece at the bottom of the driver's side looks a bit off compared to the passenger side. I will have to get a pic of that.

Attention: Getting too much of it. ;) The dealer staff was all over this car both yesterday and when I picked it up today. On the road.. a few noticed.. but its been mostly subdued. Be ready for attention early owners, especially those with the brighter colors. :)

Overall: Later folks.. I have a full tank. :D

Oh, and a shout out to the Lebanon Ford guys. Charlie (sales - massive Mustang addict - He asked me for another ride in it before I left today and has his own GTPP on order,) Kody (sales also, he sold me my '11) Mike my service dude, and Nikos in finance. They were incredible throughout.

Photos of the car have been posted at: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10104

UPDATE 1:

There have been a few negatives thus far, aside from the hood latch. Nothing really bad, most are petty, but I'll share both as I spend more time with it.

The vertical lines for the rear window defroster are a bit distracting. I'm sure its just the newness, but I don't recall ever seeing them on the '11 and these standout.

There is a new car smell, obviously, but the smell of plastic and warm/hot parts is very strong. As stated, I haven't really flogged her, but the smell is still stronger than I recall on a new car. Stay tuned on this one.

In addition it seems like its running a bit hot, gauges are okay, but the interior compartment is warmer than I expected, and I am sure its drivetrain heat. It was 87 today, so maybe I won't notice it later on. Yes, I had the heater off.

The window UP controls seem a bit less accurate than the '11. I have had to hit the driver side twice a few times. Like I am not holding up long enough (split second if that.)

The seats cool nicely, and its not like I can feel air blowing. Its like sitting on an ice pack or a metal cooler full of ice. Hard to describe.

I haven't gotten the seat into a position as comfortable as my '11. Too soon to tell if thats an issue.

I already miss the high center dash 9v socket. I like to use my phone mounted on the interior windshield, for camera/etc, and now I have to run a long cable to keep it charged. 1st world problems, I know.

Did I mention its REALLY quiet? ;)

UPDATE 2: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=113804&postcount=131

UPDATE 3: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=119788&postcount=344
Sponsored

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
Since you got PP, Can you check to see if there is an addition owners manual supplement for track driving? Especially curious if they recommend the 5W-50 oil.
Congrats and thanks for 1st impressions! Can you answer above question?

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Get out and enjoy it!

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt

Sound: Quiet.. almost too quiet. I had Roush exhaust on my '11, but its quiet even for a stock '11.

Interior: Interior is incredible. I like the smaller steering wheel, feels smaller than the '11 (but I know its not that smaller.) I have to spend some time tweaking all the settings and seat etc, then we'll see how a longer drive feels. Its not cramped, and I feel like I have a lot more leg room.

View: The view is SOOOO much better. I am really surprised by how much better I can see (I don't feel like I am peering over a slab like the '11.) BUT it still looks very long and the lines are very cool. View out side mirrors? BADASS.

Feel: It feels very refined, like an '01 BULLITT to an '08 BULLITT did. Its a much much more refined car. That could be good or bad depending on your perspective.

Electronics: I might just pass on getting Forza Horizon 2 today, and play with electronics in the stang all weekend ;) Lots of cool stuff.

Driving: I could see someone getting themselves into trouble with this car, even more than normal. It installs a lot of confidence when driving. More sure-footed than any mustang I have driven, and more than most cars I have been in period. Just feels very refined (there's that word again.)

Quality: So far so good.. except for the hood clasp. Lines look okay, but the plastic piece at the bottom of the driver's side looks a bit off compared to the passenger side. I will have to get a pic of that.

So sick, so jealous, can't wait till I get mine!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I'll be back later folks.. Off to show to some co-workers at lunch.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Nice very nice. The aftermarket will take care of the quietness of the exhaust. Everything else that you want to change for matter.

Its a nice looking Mustang. I think Ford did a great job. Can't wait till I see one at the track !

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Loved hearing your first impressions and the pics are awesome! Keep the updates coming please!

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

Driving: I could see someone getting themselves into trouble with this car, even more than normal. It installs a lot of confidence when driving. More sure-footed than any mustang I have driven, and more than most cars I have been in period. Just feels very refined (there's that word again.)

Attention: Getting too much of it. ;) The dealer staff was all over this car both yesterday and when I picked it up today. On the road.. a few noticed.. but its been mostly subdued. Be ready for attention early owners, especially those with the brighter colors. :)

Oh, and a shout out to the Lebanon Ford guys. Charlie (sales - massive Mustang addict - He asked me for another ride in it before I left today and has his own GTPP on order,) Kody (sales also, he sold me my '11) Mike my service dude, and Nikos (spelling?) in finance. They were incredible throughout.

Photos of the car have been posted at: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10104
Great review! I hear you on the '01 to '08 Bullitts and I can't wait to get an extensive review of my own!

Nice very nice. The aftermarket will take care of the quietness of the exhaust. Everything else that you want to change for matter. !
I can't wait to hear some of the '15 systems. They're going to be downright insane! Get out there and drive the car already!

Alex

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
The word "refined" has been going around the internet a lot. And now from a new owner. Personally I think that is great to hear. I've always loved the cheap and accessible performance of my Mustang but hated the cruder aspects of it. It's good to hear that this is now a legitimate sports coupe and not just a cheap and unrefined muscle car.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Zombie-

How does the torque feel? One reviewer said it felt like there was "torque everywhere" now. I know in some of the 2011's I drove (I know, it's been a while) it felt like the engine really had to wind up to get going.

Tl;DR, how does the power response feel?

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Zombie, Thanks for the review and congrats on getting your car. Enjoy the ride!!!!
Sponsored