Sponsored

Helion Composites Hood

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Very interested! First 350 replica hood that actually lowers the top surface of the hood rather then adding to it.... As long as the price is decent for the fiberglass version this might be my next mod!
Ditto. This is precisely why I want it!
Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR....

BOOKMARKED!!!!

Finally somebody did something I have been holding out for and "gets it".

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
I don't want to speak too much for Todd at Helion. But from past discussions we have had on this topic, I will speak too. However please keep in mind that may not represent future state of where Helion intends to take their Mustang program.

We have considered doing a full conversion based on GT350 parts to ensure functionality and capture the essence of those components for the Mustang. (Personally I really like the Mustang front clip, and now the Steeda offering aswell) The desire to build a GTTP for myself stemmed from this GT350 Mule.

We have also discussed just a GT350 conversion. This way you can piggie back of certain OEM parts.

With regards to why is it not adventitious to do a front fascia?

Quality: Quality and durability associate with material properties. If Helion was to do a Mustang conversion fascia. It likely wouldn't be carbon or fiberglass (maybe for race applications only) It would be a TPO or some other similar material, and portions of production would have to be outsourced. That wasn't off the table and it has been looked into.

Most OEMs use injection molding for bumper covers, to put that in perspective just tool for the GT350 bumper cover is probably close to the price 3 2015 GT350Rs [no ADM :)]

Getting to the point where you can build a stable part to pull molds from while blending surfaces is expensive even on the low volume aftermarket side.

From my point of view, while the hood has generated alot of interest, there is always the price caveat. Which is understandable. No one wants to pay 10% of a base GT price for a single component regardless of how nice it is.

I am a big advocate for Fast, Fun, and Affordable. It is what makes the Mustang as car and legacy successful. The hood is easier to advocate for and build a high quality part still. The hood also stands on its own very well, and can be put on with you and a buddy in the afternoon.

That starts to lessen with the other components.

I have a set of fenders, fenders is actually where this all started.

(Apologies for the poor photo, old phone)

That mule above, and the the fact I want to run are large Square tire setup and hunt down the new 1LE we all new was coming was the driving force. The GT350 fenders offer alot of clearance and attractive aero improvements.

How they will be incorporate into the Mustang fascia hasn't been finalized, but it is something we want to pursue.
Maybe if HC did the hood and fenders in a way that would fit with the Ford factory front bumper cover, that would do the trick? I don't know what Ford is charging for a replacement bumper cover/splitter/canards, but my guess is that's not cheap either. Outsourcing, if design and QC can be tightly controlled, might be a good answer. Thanks.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i've never considered an aftermarket hood for any of my cars. Just thought the expense of the hood + paint wouldn't be worth it......but this?

holy jesus i would buy this day one. My favorite part of the 350 is the subtly aggressive hood that's just sexy as hell. Would definitely buy one!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Liking this hood Subb'd!

Sponsored

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
Definitely Interested

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
How's the weight of this hood compared to stock?

Really my main concern is how well will this work with hood struts currently on the market?

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Good gosh i just want some gt350 fenders in something thats not flimsy fiberglass!!!

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Need updates...

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I really haven't had any huge urge to change my cars appearance but this hood is perfection and I actually feel compelled to get one, granted my factory strut bar still fits underneath. I am thoroughly impressed at how good this look.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I'm definitely in for flared fenders that will work with the front clip.

-Jeff
Sponsored