Sponsored

Helion Composites Hood

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Any ETA? I'm in the market for a hood, and this, so far, is the only one I really like...
Sponsored

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any news on this?

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Gentlemen if you questions please PM me. We are in the process of setting up a "doing business as" and other admin/legal stuff.

We do not have vender account yet as the "company" and other agreements have not been finalized.

Again, once that is done a new thread will be created with a vendor account.

There was an irregular issue with a tool and it is being reworked.

I am hoping to have a component on my car end of May. With some street and track component validation in June.

Looking at mid July if everything stays on track.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Have you at least got any pics of a painted finished hood on a car?

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Gentlemen if you questions please PM me. We are in the process of setting up a "doing business as" and other admin/legal stuff.

We do not have vender account yet as the "company" and other agreements have not been finalized.

Again, once that is done a new thread will be created with a vendor account.

There was an irregular issue with a tool and it is being reworked.

I am hoping to have a component on my car end of May. With some street and track component validation in June.

Looking at mid July if everything stays on track.

Awesome. Waiting anxiously.

Sponsored

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
[MENTION=8046]68fbjjz109[/MENTION] thanks for posting, we are all waiting for a proper gt350 replica style hood. I'll be on the look out around that time then. Not sold on too many of the current crop of hoods.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Is this project DOA or what?
I chatted with Todd at Helion it is not https://www.facebook.com/HelionComposites/

Here is a post with it tested on a GT

https://www.facebook.com/todd.candey/posts/10203405771461448

I plan on getting with them potentially about one of these next year. Oh and side note from my discussion but i did ask about hood latches and he said it was designed with the same oem crumple areas as the factory hood near the hinge and oem latch, and he didn't see a reason to need them. Meaning this is of better quality than that of other aftermarkets. Dont' quote me on that but i asked cuz i don't like hood latches

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I chatted with Todd at Helion it is not https://www.facebook.com/HelionComposites/

Here is a post with it tested on a GT

I plan on getting with them potentially about one of these next year. Oh and side note from my discussion but i did ask about hood latches and he said it was designed with the same oem crumple areas as the factory hood near the hinge and oem latch, and he didn't see a reason to need them. Meaning this is of better quality than that of other aftermarkets. Dont' quote me on that but i asked cuz i don't like hood latches
[MENTION=7892]spectremotorsports[/MENTION]

If you guys have questions please PM me, as myself and a few other now own the project.

We are still validation the tooling. Once we are pleased with the result, website, photos and addition details will come online to include our vender account.

I have run both carbon prototypes on my car and am looking forward to the third which should be the last iteration and sure soon.

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
Very interested in seeing a finished example installed.
Sponsored