Sponsored

Lund or Livernois

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
There is a reason Lund wouldn't respond in a tuning thread and that is because they don't sponsor or advertise on any forums.

Us vendors can help answer questions that you have, but Lund is hard at work doing what they do best. Tuning.

The quickest cars in the 1/4 mile, standing mile, the quickest ecoboost cars, etc..., s550, s197, 03/04 cobra, etc..

As far as "bugs" in the tuning. The sheer volume of cars that Lund tunes, you are always going to have some that may have an issue here or there. Could be something that was missed in the calibration, that is easily corrected, or it could be an install issue.

that is the great thing about having the ability to log with the ngauge.

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
There is a reason Lund wouldn't respond in a tuning thread and that is because they don't sponsor or advertise on any forums.

Us vendors can help answer questions that you have, but Lund is hard at work doing what they do best. Tuning.

The quickest cars in the 1/4 mile, standing mile, the quickest ecoboost cars, etc..., s550, s197, 03/04 cobra, etc..

As far as "bugs" in the tuning. The sheer volume of cars that Lund tunes, you are always going to have some that may have an issue here or there. Could be something that was missed in the calibration, that is easily corrected, or it could be an install issue.

that is the great thing about having the ability to log with the ngauge.
Terry,

I get all that. I agree that being able to data log is important and should be done when running anything more than a bolt on tune IMO.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Sorry Jared but I would have to say that logic is pretty flawed in my opinion. The fastest tunes does not equal the best, plain and simple. It means his tune is on some of the fastest cars that hold some records. As important as the tune is on a car, it's not the ONLY thing that makes the car fast. You could have a tune that advances timing to an unsafe amount, could have less than desirable driving characteristics, that doesn't make it "better", it just makes it faster.

All I'm trying to get at is that, if you can't explain "why" something is better than something else, then you shouldn't say it.

Normally I wouldn't reply to things like these but it seems like anytime a members asks a question asking which one is better than the other, a vendor pops in 3 seconds later stating that they have the best parts and to call them to get hooked. They never explain "why", the parts they are pushing are "better".
typically lund always tunes on the conservative end, not the aggressive end

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Cool. Another "which tuner is better" thread. In for results as this is definitely a new topic.
Well maybe you can enlighten all of us on what separates all the tuners from one another in specific...........I've been on forums for the better part of 15 years and I have NEVER seen an actual tuner come out and say what separates himself from the rest of the crowd.

Some businesses make it easier for the consumer to decide which not to choose (Bama, BBR, etc..)

Sponsored

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
typically lund always tunes on the conservative end, not the aggressive end
Yes, I know this from running his tune in the past. Timing and AF could have been far more aggressive than it was.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
What new updates? I've been eyeballing livernois for a long time, though I am within driving distance to both Evolution and JPC racing...
We make constant tune tweaks/revisions [MENTION=17196]rainier446[/MENTION]

Don't just :eyebulge: come to the darkside!

Sponsored

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Which tune is best? An actual dyno tune on your car thru hptuners or EFIlive thats just my opinion though :p

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
We can say what separates us quite plainly.

We do our own tuning, for ourselves.
We use our own software, nobody elses.
We are not a tuner vendor.
Can you data log with the Livernois MyCalibrator tuning device?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Can you data log with the Livernois MyCalibrator tuning device?
No, but you could use a secondary app/device if you need to monitor. Many guys run TorquePro as a backup. We do not rely upon OBD monitoring for tuning, but that doesn't mean that we can't make requested tweaks either.
Sponsored