Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 or Whipple Stage 2

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
What makes you think I paid interest? I don't buy car mods if they can't be paid for in full, pal! Lol

And I'm saying you can't really compare buying secondhand because how is the OP supposed to find a deal like one you just happened to stumble upon? The OP is asking for reasons to buy one over the other. You brought up price. Now please tell the OP where to get the same price you did. You're acting like I'm saying the Procharger is a bad kit. I'm simply disputing several claims that "it's much" cheaper when in reality it is not.

Like I said OP, you can get 15% off a Whipple kit right now. That puts a stage 2 kit to your doorstep for under 7k:thumbsup:
Quite simple really. Gather up your money, move over to PayPal, and do a couple things.....watch the classifieds like a hawk, negotiate with people that have kits for sale you might like and post WTBs on the 2015+ classifieds on social media like Facebook.You will always have people selling their kits because they either are trading in the car or changing the setup. The guy asked for reasons why people bought blower A or B, I posted my reasons and you could've done the same but you somehow felt the need to start a blower A vs B. I haven't looked lately, does the stage 2 whipple come with ID1000s? BAP? Does it offer some type of datalogging tool(or just flare tool? Did it come with fans?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Quite simple really. Gather up your money, move over to PayPal, and do a couple things.....watch the classifieds like a hawk, negotiate with people that have kits for sale you might like and post WTBs on the 2015+ classifieds on social media like Facebook.You will always have people selling their kits because they either are trading in the car or changing the setup. The guy asked for reasons why people bought blower A or B, I posted my reasons and you could've done the same but you somehow felt the need to start a blower A vs B. I haven't looked lately, does the stage 2 whipple come with ID1000s? BAP? Does it offer some type of datalogging tool(or just flare tool? Did it come with fans?
I'm not starting a blower A vs B war, but that's EXACTLY what this thread is. You found a second hand kit at a great price, good for you, but it's not the norm or easy to do so. I'd guess 99% of second hand kits are used.

Once again, I'm simply saying that the claims of a Procharger kit being "much" cheaper than a Whipple simply aren't true. If that's too hard to grasp I don't know what else to say.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
This ^^^ Its not why I went the PC route...I will get into that in a minute.
I'm not going into the E85 conversion cost...but just doing the initial PC install, injectors, BAP and tune I was right at $4900 into mine. I knew I was going FI so over a Winter (winter of 2015-2016) I looked for deals and found them. If you can wait you will save money, if you want to play NOW you will pay now at the going price, so IMO this is a good subject to discuss.
The reasons I went with PC was; one ease of installation...Easily be done by anyone with common sense in a weekend. I think that's the big selling point of PC. Secondly it can be undone as fast as it was put on. Third it makes very similar power as any other SC, just delivers it in a different way. I built my car for more street play than track time. This was a important decision in going the centrifugal route. Traction is limited with any type of FI but I thought a gradual climb of boost would be easier to manage on the street... I think I was right. Also it allowed me to keep my strut tower brace and plan for other upgrades down the road...like intake manifolds, TBs, inlet pipes, etc. I think the whipples are phenomenal and a great product and like Beef says you will be happy either way.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I'm not starting a blower A vs B war, but that's EXACTLY what this thread is. You found a second hand kit at a great price, good for you, but it's not the norm or easy to do so. I'd guess 99% of second hand kits are used.

Once again, I'm simply saying that the claims of a Procharger kit being "much" cheaper than a Whipple simply aren't true. If that's too hard to grasp I don't know what else to say.
You're right, you can't just run up on a good deal ju.......oh wtf! Would you look at that! 15 sec search!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66550

Post your reasons and move on bud, enjoy your whipple, it's a nice kit.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You're right, you can't just run up on a good deal ju.......oh wtf! Would you look at that! 15 sec search!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66550

Post your reasons and move on bud, enjoy your whipple, it's a nice kit.
USED

My reasons for buying the Whipple:
1. Factory appearance
2. Most M6 cars are making over 700rwhp with an out of the box stage 2 kit.
3. That intoxicating whine
4. Customer service is second to none. Whipple stands behind their product.
5. Price. New to new(not used) the Whipple was cheaper than the Procharger. With the options I wanted on the Procharger Stage 2(tuner/tuning, plugs, D1SC, and black head unit/bracket) the price was over $8200

You enjoy as well.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
USED

My reasons for buying the Whipple:
1. Factory appearance
2. Most M6 cars are making over 700rwhp with an out of the box stage 2 kit.
3. That intoxicating whine
4. Customer service is second to none. Whipple stands behind their product.
5. Price. New to new(not used) the Whipple was cheaper than the Procharger. With the options I wanted on the Procharger Stage 2(tuner/tuning, plugs, D1SC, and black head unit/bracket) the price was over $8200

You enjoy as well.
Doesn't matter, you said deals couldn't be had.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Exactly what I expected out of this thread..

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I shopped around and got my HO kit real cheap ..I mean REAL cheap .. But added 1d1000 injectors and a twin pumps for E85 ..A good custom tune added to that price also .. But the out come was worth it seeing that I'm quicker than some of the more costly kits ..I can't stress this point any harder .... You have shop around to get a great price but it was worth all the spent doing it ..
HOLY CRAP! I just noticed your signature!

Congrats on the 9's my friend! Thats awesome!