Sponsored

2018 Mustang revealed....and its poo

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thank god for that, I thought I'd be having buyers regret once mine turned up in April with the refresh coming soon after. Looks like that wont be a problem. 2015-2017 for the win:first:
Sponsored

fordwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon XR6 Turbo with Mustang GT on order
Thank god for that, I thought I'd be having buyers regret once mine turned up in April with the refresh coming soon after. Looks like that wont be a problem. 2015-2017 for the win:first:
Looks wise on first impressions I tend to agree, those front headlights are looking a bit different that's for sure!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I would have to see it in the flesh, but I have to agree with you.

It has lost its aggressiveness.

Thanks for alerting us to the bad news.

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
The good news is that our resale just went up.
I was thinking the same thing!

I do feel very sorry for the people here who have an order that is going to have to be changed to the 2018 model... EDIT: Hopefully with the increased export production the number of people affected will be very limited.

Last edited:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Alike most people I am not a fan of the front or the rear. its a miss for me. It might grow on me in time

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I think Ford has completely ruined the look of the s550 with the refresh. They've softened the front end, the headlights are a mess and the tail isn't much better. I am so so glad I got mine when I did. I honestly feel sad for anyone that ends up with this one. No idea how their designers went from the near perfection they had to this ugly mess.

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
I think Ford has completely ruined the look of the s550 with the refresh. They've softened the front end, the headlights are a mess and the tail isn't much better. I am so so glad I got mine when I did. I honestly feel sad for anyone that ends up with this one. No idea how their designers went from the near perfection they had to this ugly mess.
Ditto. Do not know how you can make an already awesome car looks bad. It is like taking a step backward in designing.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I am not going to say anything about the 2018 unless I have a lawyer present. At least the wife is not going to be bugging me to upgrade her car for a while..

Sponsored

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
I don't mind it myself I just think it will take time for people to get used to. It's not something that would be a deal breaker for me and tempt me to cancel an order and go to the back of the line unless they brought in some great features we don't know about yet as it's just the visual we have seen now.

AMJAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Aug 17 arrival)
I quite like the front end and if you look closely it appears to have quad exhaust tips. Team that with more power and the fact they have probably fixed all the niggily issues with the 15-17 it is probably a great package. The great thing is there will be people that love it and people that prefer the older shape. It will be a win - win for all owners I would say

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
I had a bad feeling about it since they announced it... Hope our existing ponies will retain their value for longer!

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
It will be interesting to see how they make the 2018 GT350 bumper look aggressive with these new constraints, assuming it shares the new headlights, hood and fender lines.

With the current model you can get a gt350 style front bumper (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52893), but it is not necessary. However it might be a good call for the next model.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of how Ford killed the FG falcon when they went FGX.
I never had plans of replacing this car but this has absolutely sealed the deal.
Sponsored