Sponsored

How do you justify what you spend on your Mustang?

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
I like it, I buy it. Also all the mods I get are reversible which I can easily sell when I sell the car in 10 months.
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If any of us had half a brain, or any sense at all, we'd all be buying the cheapest KIA we could get and driving the wheels off of it. Then doing it again. But as long as we can we will be modding Mustangs, buying ATVs, taking cruises, and spending $5000 on World Series tickets cause we like it! It's a pretty odd question coming from a guy that has modded his car to the extent that you have. :confused:
I do this with my daily drivers. I usually buy a cheap no options Focus, pay it off quick, drive it to 150k miles and do it again. Mod the Mustang and work on my 55 T Bird and enjoy them. Changed it up a little this time and just bought a 2016 Focus ST1. They had $5000 in rebates and couldnt pass it up.

OP
OP
Geotoxic

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If any of us had half a brain, or any sense at all, we'd all be buying the cheapest KIA we could get and driving the wheels off of it. Then doing it again. But as long as we can we will be modding Mustangs, buying ATVs, taking cruises, and spending $5000 on World Series tickets cause we like it! It's a pretty odd question coming from a guy that has modded his car to the extent that you have. :confused:
Lol. Thing is I want to do more to my car. There's just alot of things I can't justify on it since it's a high price for little return. I'm just wondering what other people's perspectives are for putting money into mods.

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
My justification - You only live once, if it makes you happy then do it! Can't take any money with me when I go so might as well spend it on what makes me happy NOW.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
As long as all the bills are paid, that's the only justification I need.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Justifying this is like justifying why you'd want to do heroine. It's for the immediate high. It's expensive. You're hooked and coming back. It won't end. Ever. Tried to get out of the car game multiple times. I've never been so miserable.

I just have to remember I need to make sure we have somewhere to live and food to eat. lol
Yea I once had a Toyota Rav4, put my foot down, nother happened, it was horrible :frusty:

I have other hobbies, like supporting a dam football team, and the stress that gives me I need cheering up :D

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Just enjoy your day you wont live forever if you can pay things for your car having all your basic needs paid then go for it.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Tomorrow isn't promised, especially with my career choice.. oh and only spend what's left over from my pay check. I never touch the savings for mods.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
How do you justify a nice steak dinner vs ramen noodles?
Steak gets you laid....ramen, you gotta beat-off:lol::lol::lol:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Although I havent bought mine yet (Ordering Jan or Feb) I'm planning on spending $38k on a GT premium, and then around $25,000 in aftermarket parts.

Most people say I'm crazy. I'm lucky enough to make the money, and be in the living situation to (just barely) afford it. Cars are my only hobby, so I'm going to spend whatever it takes to get whatever I want. I love overkill and am not satisfied with anything less!

While planning for buying the car over the last couple years I've stopped thinking about the monetary cost of things and started just judging by the cost of time, to save the money for the item in question.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Cheaper than a girlfriend... at least that is what I tell my wife

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score