Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Well, i cant get this tune, cause i live in CA...but i can get bama or unleashed...wtf.

I was all excited till i contacted them and they told me this. Guess i need to have my brother order the tune for me...lives out of state....freakin comi-fornia
Try what I suggested a couple posts ago? Use someone else's mailing address but provide your email address? I imagine that would work, since the tunes are sent via email, not by mailing address.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
It's about time the V6 starts to get some love from the aftermarket....

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Hmm, so stock vs stock..

Bama:
Peak Gains: 17 RWHP / 13 RWTQ
Curve Gains: 17 RWHP / 20 RWTQ

Mpt:
35 HP and 34 ft-lbs of Torque

Love my bama tune but Im willing to give the new mpt tune a try. I love how mpt adjusted the shifting on normal drive mode and sport mode. So I can get a nice smooth drive for daily and when I want to, I can wake it up with sport mode. I don't like the stock sport mode too much because it holds the gears for too long like mentioned before.

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Hmm, so stock vs stock..

Bama:
Peak Gains: 17 RWHP / 13 RWTQ
Curve Gains: 17 RWHP / 20 RWTQ

Mpt:
35 HP and 34 ft-lbs of Torque

Love my bama tune but Im willing to give the new mpt tune a try. I love how mpt adjusted the shifting on normal drive mode and sport mode. So I can get a nice smooth drive for daily and when I want to, I can wake it up with sport mode. I don't like the stock sport mode too much because it holds the gears for too long like mentioned before.

Yeah but to be fair to BAMA, my car was modified, so im sure MPT squeezed some extra juice out.

I love that they altered both modes, drive mode feels as smooth as stock with some better timing, and sport is what you put it in when you want to have fun.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Yeah but to be fair to BAMA, my car was modified, so im sure MPT squeezed some extra juice out.

I love that they altered both modes, drive mode feels as smooth as stock with some better timing, and sport is what you put it in when you want to have fun.
So the "35 HP and 34 ft-lbs of Torque" thats posted on the mpt website was your car with mods? I think thats misleading to the people that want similar gains that don't have your mods. They should post what the tune does when the car is stock.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
∆ Agreed.

There should be base numbers posted for gains with a completely stock car (or very close to stock). I'd also like to know what the gains are for the 87 tune. Getting even half of the posted gains using 87 would be significant for those who don't want to pay the extra .50 a gallon. I imagine getting all the possible information we'd like to know would be very time consuming.

Nonetheless, it appears they did a great job on this tune and hopefully there's no issues using it and 93 octane in the long term.

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
So the "35 HP and 34 ft-lbs of Torque" thats posted on the mpt website was your car with mods? I think thats misleading to the people that want similar gains that don't have your mods. They should post what the tune does when the car is stock.
keep in mind my only "power gainers" i have is an intake, and shorty headers, which are stock length headers, and I don't know about the other guys with my setup but i did not notice any gains after i installed headers/intake/axlebacks with my stock tune, only difference i've seen with all my mods is in sound lol.

its also important to note MPT has a different dyno than BAMA to my knowledge

But all the numbers aside, even if my numbers are inflated i have driven the BAMA tune as well as the MPT and i think they are both great especially since after BAMA made the revisions i requested making drive mode more driveable

Can't go wrong with either company, my personal preference after driving both is MPT specifically in Sport mode.

Reactions: JRR

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
keep in mind my only "power gainers" i have is an intake, and shorty headers, which are stock length headers, and I don't know about the other guys with my setup but i did not notice any gains after i installed headers/intake/axlebacks with my stock tune, only difference i've seen with all my mods is in sound lol.

its also important to note MPT has a different dyno than BAMA to my knowledge

But all the numbers aside, even if my numbers are inflated i have driven the BAMA tune as well as the MPT and i think they are both great especially since after BAMA made the revisions i requested making drive mode more driveable

Can't go wrong with either company, my personal preference after driving both is MPT specifically in Sport mode.
Im still giving them a try either way. The new shifting with drive and sport mode alone is enough to make me want to try it. :D

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Was trying to place my order, but it wouldn't let me check out. Found out through their chat, that I'm not able to place an order because I'm in CA....is there anyway around this?
Have a friend in a other state order it and send it to you.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
∆ Agreed.

There should be base numbers posted for gains with a completely stock car (or very close to stock). I'd also like to know what the gains are for the 87 tune. Getting even half of the posted gains using 87 would be significant for those who don't want to pay the extra .50 a gallon. I imagine getting all the possible information we'd like to know would be very time consuming.

Nonetheless, it appears they did a great job on this tune and hopefully there's no issues using it and 93 octane in the long term.
If your looking for 87 tune I'd get the SCTx4 from SCT direct Sanford, FL it's $438.00 and it comes with 87, 91, 93 tunes and a menu that let's you adjust your RPM's at idle, park, nautural and redline and shifting firmness. I had other tunes and sent them back and ordered a SCT direct and love it and everything I can adjust to my liking. Free updates for life. They were offering free shipping.

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Nice more options. :cheers: How does the datalogging process work and are there free updates for life?

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Nice more options. :cheers: How does the datalogging process work and are there free updates for life?
I don't think you datalog for the free tunes that come preloaded on the SCT device. Those free tunes can be used for any car it's not like a custom tune that is tailored for your specific car and modifications.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I don't think you datalog for the free tunes that come preloaded on the SCT device. Those free tunes can be used for any car it's not like a custom tune that is tailored for your specific car and modifications.
Correct, I should have been more specific on my end. I was referring to the MPT tune not the SCT canned tunes. :thumbsup:

Northern Stallion

Pony car/stallion guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6 Mustang Fastback
Hey that's my car in the video, you can check my mods in signature. and yeah i agree i too would have liked to see what gains were on a bone stock 3.7
Very good gains man, how does it feel right off the line at wot?

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Very good gains man, how does it feel right off the line at wot?
Car just feels lighter and alive in all aspects, I always felt that with the stock tune the mustang itself felt too heavy for the 3.7 and the throttle was non-responsive. Tune fixed that right up.

As far as wot off the line it's no slouch, holds the shifts nicely when you are giving it some heavy foot, and in red light to red light you just get some great acceleration with smooth shifts. I must give credit to both bama and MPT they both got my 0-60 times steady at about 5.5 sec. and as I said earlier i STRONGLY recommend giving sport mode some love once the tune is flashed that's where you get that super responsive throttle and the car launches off the line nicely!
Sponsored