Sponsored

POLL: Satisfaction with Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Are you satisfied with Ford Performance Power Pack 2? MT or AT ?

• Total voters

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Maybe this has been asked but could these rev hang issues be caused by that T connector utilizing only one port off the gt350 intake vs two separate ports from the stock intake? Maybe they aren't getting enough flow. Hell idk what those lines are to begin with but evidently they need inlet air.
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
OK BOYS ONE question... stage 2 .. is the catch can necessary because i have been hearing that it helps with stage 2

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So voting in the poll requires one to have this mod, right? Voting no should come with a reason, right?
So the guy who voted no for the automatic, Dr. Norts, can you expand on your negative vote?
Sorry if I missed it...

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I voted Yes (Manual Trans.)... I think the PP2 is great. The rev hang is a little annoying but it's not a big deal at all. I haven't had any issues with pinging or knocking. I live in Houston though so plenty of high quality 93 octane everywhere. I've also had a JLT catch can since before the install.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I voted yes for the manual. I don't consider the rev hang issue significant enough to be concerned about it, as it is only present for the first 3-5 minutes since starting cold.

The other weird characteristic is the butterfly valve slamming shut with a thunk when shutting down. I can hear it only in the garage with the windows open.

I also noticed that when taking my foot off the gas abruptly in lower gears, it feels like I hit the brakes. That's kinda annoying, but I guess I can live with it. I think that goes along with hearing the butterfly valve close quickly when shutting down.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
OK BOYS ONE question... stage 2 .. is the catch can necessary because i have been hearing that it helps with stage 2
Not necessary but when I talked to Ford Performance about it they highly recommended it.

I voted yes for the manual. I don't consider the rev hang issue significant enough to be concerned about it, as it is only present for the first 3-5 minutes since starting cold.

The other weird characteristic is the butterfly valve slamming shut with a thunk when shutting down. I can hear it only in the garage with the windows open.

I also noticed that when taking my foot off the gas abruptly in lower gears, it feels like I hit the brakes. That's kinda annoying, but I guess I can live with it. I think that goes along with hearing the butterfly valve close quickly when shutting down.
I agree about the rev-hang. The pinging is what concerns me though.

My Acura had the shut-down vacuum thing happen and it was quite loud too. It just goes with the territory of having an open system intake.
The Throttle body has to close to meet CARB requirements. There was a post about it in the other thread. kinda interesting....

Last edited:

GTmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, California Special
Power Pack 2

Generally I am very happy with the power pack 2. I voted yes and have a manual transmission. Here are the pros and cons I came up with:

Pros
1) Very noticeable power and torque gains. My amateur 0-60 times have
defiantly improved.
2) Sound improvement. The new CAI and filter are sucking gobs of air for sure.
3) Looks awesome under the hood.
4) Warranty is still intact for the most part.
5) California compliant.

Cons
1) Rev hang that everyone is mentioning is real. It's more pronounced when
cold but it still there when up to temp just a little less noticeable.
2) I haven't seen this on the forum but I notice when accelerating hard from first
second, WOT, I get a stuttering with the power momentarily. Not sure what
this is about. Went to the dealer today and they checked it over to look for a
Vacuum leak or any other obvious problems. None were found.

Overall I love this power pack 2. I think Ford Performance needs to work out these issues with an update to the tune. Everybody should call them and complain so we can get some action.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really surprised Ford didn't notice the rev hang before they offered PP2. It was the first thing I noticed.

Is there a way to delete the no-lift strategy? I never use it. I shift the old fashioned way.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Generally I am very happy with the power pack 2. I voted yes and have a manual transmission. Here are the pros and cons I came up with:

Pros
1) Very noticeable power and torque gains. My amateur 0-60 times have
defiantly improved.
2) Sound improvement. The new CAI and filter are sucking gobs of air for sure.
3) Looks awesome under the hood.
4) Warranty is still intact for the most part.
5) California compliant.

Cons
1) Rev hang that everyone is mentioning is real. It's more pronounced when
cold but it still there when up to temp just a little less noticeable.
2) I haven't seen this on the forum but I notice when accelerating hard from first
second, WOT, I get a stuttering with the power momentarily. Not sure what
this is about. Went to the dealer today and they checked it over to look for a
Vacuum leak or any other obvious problems. None were found.

Overall I love this power pack 2. I think Ford Performance needs to work out these issues with an update to the tune. Everybody should call them and complain so we can get some action.
If you are WOT and touch the clutch, the no lift shift will kick in and cut power. If you are clutch spring delete this may happen by itself, as well as slave cylinder issues, so you may want to rethink the spring delete.. Some have mentioned issues with the Steeda spring but I haven't noticed any in the first 1000 miles.

Other than the rev hang, which doesn't seem any more pronounced to me than the stock tune, my only issue is torque management or vacuum braking if I am light on the accelerator and let off around 3K, feels like an exhaust brake kicking in. If I am on It, then no problem. That said, I have only driven the tune in above 50 degree ambient temperature.

Based on the responses I have seen on the PP2 thread Ford Racing doesn't think there are any problems, or are unwilling to look into modifying the tune.

Last edited:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So voting in the poll requires one to have this mod, right? Voting no should come with a reason, right?
So the guy who voted no for the automatic, Dr. Norts, can you expand on your negative vote?
Sorry if I missed it...
Looks like the one negative vote for automatics was more of an uneducated opinion as that voter doesn't seem to have the mod anyway. 100% yes for automatics...:cheers:

Sponsored

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
Yes on manual transmission. I cannot complain as I have had no pinging or rev hanging. That being said it's been 85+ degrees since I have installed it so who knows when it gets cold. I enjoy the bump in power, no lift shift and slight increase in noise. I do not have a catch can as I feel it's unnecessary on this car. Mine has 3500 miles on it and the intake had no oil at all in it. Perhaps I have been lucky and not the norm or need more miles.

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
FRPP oil separator should be here tomorrow, and PP2 (Levittown) should be here within 2 weeks. Any reason to wait to install the oil separator, or just drop it in and let them fiddle around when they need to install PP2?

Does FRPP ever update their tunes? As needed, or on some sort of schedule?

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Does FRPP ever update their tunes? As needed, or on some sort of schedule?
I have called FP multiple times and posted the web chat in the other thread. They are pretty adamant that they have done no wrong and will not modify/update their tune.

I'm sure all their testing was done on 93 octane which probably wont ping but isnt readily available in some states.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I helped a good friend [MENTION=15644]96MUSTANG06[/MENTION] install his the other weekend and he loves it. It seems to be operating fine for him as well.

Im sure if he knew this poll was available he would give it a positive vote.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I voted yes for my manual because of the dramatic increase in performance over stock, but I'm sitting on the fence now. Mine is starting to hang sometimes even when hot, and that is unacceptable. If my speed shop or FP can't remedy this, I may wind up removing it. I don't want to do that, but the hang isn't something I can live with. That's too bad because I'm really getting used to the smile on my face.
Sponsored