OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Does either device actually lower say a 0-60 time or is it just a sensation of more torque?
Once I get mine I will let you know, I am really curious on this because the v6 mustangs are supposed to be in the mid 5's to reach 60. My personal best was 6.0. I also drive a manual so that could be taken into consideration.

I imagine it may lower it a bit by a few for me because the initial launch is laggy and it does make it hard to shift because it doesn't feel as responsive. I loved the feel of the old drive by cable cars I had because the gas pedal just seemed sensitive enough that however hard you pressed it is however much you got, whereas with my car if I press the gas pedal its like it thinks first and then it goes, it makes overtaking kind of a pain.
Sponsored

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem, VB, Pony Pkg, 201A, 13 RR F150 Lariat
I was in the exact situation you are in. This device can be turned off. You can turn it on or off while driving. The difference is very noticeable. It has the 4 modes with 8 up/down adjustments in each mode. You will find a perfect spot. I use the city mode -1. Anything higher than that it makes the car want to burn rubber really easy. The things that sold me on the PC vs Pedalmax where, cheaper, more modes and adjustments, warranty, money back guarantee, can be used on other American made vehicles and.can be custom programmed by PC if it is to much or not enough. It looks big in the pic online, but is smaller than our key fob. It is about 2x3" in size. I have mine mounted to the side of the steering wheel on supplied Velcro. Easy to get to and not noticed. Get it. They told me they would pay for return shipping if not satisfied. You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain.
Knew I should not have logged on tonight. I understand how the device works & what it does. That in itself isn't worth the money to me. But I'm older & don't race or track, nor will I tune my car. Just enjoy spirited driving in my Mustang now & again (14 V6 Vert). Your write up/review, discount code, & money back guarantee make it very hard not to try it. Plus if it's portable as you said, it may perk up my 13 5.0 F150 :) (I've been wrong before):headbonk:
Thank you for the info.

Back after 1/2 hour of reality check. Thanks for the info, but I'll pass.
One question, how much "dead" space or how far do you have to push your accelerator pedal before you reach 100% open throttle body? 60%, 75% 85%? Just curious.

Last edited:

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
Guys,

Any one with discount coupon for JMS pedal max. Looks like an expensive buy at $289 :O
I have noticed someone got it for $119.

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
I'm not sure witch one to get!mine is a auto and I do have a MPT tune but still have that lag,when you floor it,tromp on it,stand on it you get the whiplash effect from the lag when in drive,S is a bit different but I like to keep it in drive 95% of the time,when I go to pass someone I want instant gratification not a lag,whiplash go type of response,I know one uses a dial that cost extra but then you only need to drive around and turn the dial to get the response you want where the other one you need to switch between 4 different modes and then your limited to the +4 or -4 adjustments...They both sound good and they will both do the job but it seems like the max with the dial would get you honed in better,kinda like adjusting trailer brakes with the dial. Seems like you could get that final little tweak out of the dial....I don't know.....Uggggg this is a tuff call.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Way more adjustability with the PEDAL Commander. I almost bought the pedal max. A friend has it on his car. He wishes he had mine.
I paid $270 shipped with a money back guarantee. HERTZ said my discount code still works.
herby10. If you want to try it. :cheers:

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Guys,

Any one with discount coupon for JMS pedal max. Looks like an expensive buy at $289 :O
I have noticed someone got it for $119.
That was a typo. Can barely find a used one for under $200.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Knew I should not have logged on tonight. I understand how the device works & what it does. That in itself isn't worth the money to me. But I'm older & don't race or track, nor will I tune my car. Just enjoy spirited driving in my Mustang now & again (14 V6 Vert). Your write up/review, discount code, & money back guarantee make it very hard not to try it. Plus if it's portable as you said, it may perk up my 13 5.0 F150 :) (I've been wrong before):headbonk:
Thank you for the info.

Back after 1/2 hour of reality check. Thanks for the info, but I'll pass.
One question, how much "dead" space or how far do you have to push your accelerator pedal before you reach 100% open throttle body? 60%, 75% 85%? Just curious.
Haha yea his review actually made me pull the trigger on the pedalcommander. I should have mine installed either wednesday or thursday so ill write up a review of it when i get it. And yes that discount code still worked.

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
Haha yea his review actually made me pull the trigger on the pedalcommander. I should have mine installed either wednesday or thursday so ill write up a review of it when i get it. And yes that discount code still worked.
In that case I will be eagerly waiting for your review and then go ahead with the purchase :thumbsup:

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Way more adjustability with the PEDAL Commander. I almost bought the pedal max. A friend has it on his car. He wishes he had mine.
I paid $270 shipped with a money back guarantee. HERTZ said my discount code still works.
herby10. If you want to try it. :cheers:
PM sent

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ordered the Commander(270 bucks) with the money back guarantee,need to start somewhere. CHEERS..

Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I'm not sure witch one to get!mine is a auto and I do have a MPT tune but still have that lag,when you floor it,tromp on it,stand on it you get the whiplash effect from the lag when in drive,S is a bit different but I like to keep it in drive 95% of the time,when I go to pass someone I want instant gratification not a lag,whiplash go type of response,I know one uses a dial that cost extra but then you only need to drive around and turn the dial to get the response you want where the other one you need to switch between 4 different modes and then your limited to the +4 or -4 adjustments...They both sound good and they will both do the job but it seems like the max with the dial would get you honed in better,kinda like adjusting trailer brakes with the dial. Seems like you could get that final little tweak out of the dial....I don't know.....Uggggg this is a tuff call.
I got my JMS PedalMax Feb 2015 just after i bought my 2015 stang Jan 2015, it was my first mod before the tuners came out. I was very impressed with the acceleration, lag gone plug in and go it takes 15 min's to install. Yes the dial cost more how ever the PeadlMAX comes with max voltage the dial is to turn the voltage down which is not needed. It works well with or without a tuner. The tuner programs the ECU for throttle response the Pedal MAX increases the voltage to the throttle body direct it installed between the pedal and throttle body in the wiring harness.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I got my JMS PedalMax Feb 2015 just after i bought my 2015 stang Jan 2015, it was my first mod before the tuners came out. I was very impressed with the acceleration, lag gone plug in and go it takes 15 min's to install. Yes the dial cost more how ever the PeadlMAX comes with max voltage the dial is to turn the voltage down which is not needed. It works well with or without a tuner. The tuner programs the ECU for throttle response the Pedal MAX increases the voltage to the throttle body direct it installed between the pedal and throttle body in the wiring harness.
Did it make it feel like you had 300 horsepower?

Last edited:

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
pedalcommander looks like to much compared to the pedalMAX. With the pedal MAX you disconect the battery and plug it in to the pedal wiring secure it with a tie rap done in 15 min's it increases the voltage to the throttle body very quick. It was my first mod and works well with a tuner.
I didn't even disconnect the battery. Literally installed in 2 min.

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
My commander should be here Friday according to UPS tracking,I'll know by 3pm if it was worth it and if not I'll send it back :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
My commander should be here Friday according to UPS tracking,I'll know by 3pm if it was worth it and if not I'll send it back :thumbsup:.
Mine says it'll be here tomorrow so im guessing we'll both be writing up reviews around the same time.
I hope I don't have to send it back, from reviews that I've seen on this and the PedalMax, everyone seems to love that extra throttle response. I also don't want to send it back because I don't plan on tuning.
Sponsored