Sponsored

Anyone running a true square (width+offset) setup?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If it's for the track, then rotating tire really doesn't matter as thread depth doesn't really affect dry traction. Just throw on new tires when they get worn.
The reason to rotate tire is to keep thread depth even to provide even wet/snow traction.

Ok I suppose replacing one tire per track day is kinda annoying.
As far as wear, the overall wear would be the same regardless you rotate or not.
The only difference is they are wearing unevenly if not rotated.
Spacer is a big no no for track day.
Where are you getting all your information? All of these statements are false.

1) There are tons of reasons to rotate tires at the track, depends on the car, the driver, and the track. And grip (especially on race tires) can definitely change based on how much wear the tire has (regardless of "tread depth" since some dont have any tread at all)

2) Overall wear may not be the same. Some cars/tracks eat one or two tires at a much higher rate. IE high horsepower tracks, tracks with more lefts than rights, more rights than lefts, etc etc

3) There are no issues with spacers are the track if they have the proper studs and are hub centric.

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Do you have any details about that mess, or are you just throwing the picture here claiming that it demonstrates some universal truth about spacers?

Can you identify the fundamental differences in that mess with what we're talking about here?

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Pure ignorance and lack of experience. Please do not cloud up this thread with your lack of knowledge or experience.
Actually I would have to agree. I don't agree on the wheel comment but I do agree with the spacer comment.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Our UK friend was using an entirely different kind of spacer / adapter then what has been referenced here. Completely unsuited to heavy cornering loads.

But hey, don't use any kind of spacer and be safe!

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
It seems to me a plate type spacer (not a bolt on type) with extended studs would be the way to go. This setup would require open end lug nuts when switching back to the stock wheels with no spacer.
Sponsored