Sponsored

Soo thinking about getting a blower.. Procharger, Paxton, or Vortech?

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My questions are which and why? I am looking into one of the 3 mentioned because I can pick up a used complete kit with injectors and BAP pretty cheap (around $5k).. I don't care about polished or black or whatever finish.. I have seen a couple Paxton kits that are putting down 730whp on an otherwise stock 15 I think..(not sure if that guy had LT's or not though) on pump gas. I was looking into the ProCharger P1SC and D1SC stage 1 and stage 2 kits.. I looked on Prochargers website to get more clarification on which head unit is better and from what I gather the D1 is "better" ? I already have mods done to my car but its not a DD, and its on E85 for the most part. The only other mods I would look at adding with or after a blower install are LT's, clutch, opg's and crank gear, drive shaft and half shafts, MAYBE a Boss or gt350 intake manifold. Currently I have Mak cat delete kit on. Just looking for some real world comparisons from anyone and whp of the 3 with supporting mods on a stock long block with mt82. I would LOVE to get a whipple, KB or TVS, but damn the prices of those are so high even used. I would like to be over 700whp if possible but I see most of these kits putting down mid to high 6XX's I believe. :cheers:
Sponsored

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paxton is a solid kit. And I mad 730 on a 3.6 pulley and 18-19 degrees of timing. Currently forsale also:cheers:

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Paxton is a solid kit. And I mad 730 on a 3.6 pulley and 18-19 degrees of timing
Your kit is what I referenced in my post lol.. Did you have LT's? I know you were on 93 pump.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Procharger stg 2. Especially right now while prices are low on the new upgraded kits with BAP, larger injectors, and better tune included. D1 is a good upgrade if you plan on going with a built engine someday. Relatively stock engine with no build plans P1 is plenty even with E85 plans FI.

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Love my paxton kit and it is currently doing work on a 3.6 pulley.

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Is the 680 rwhp in your sig with the LT's, 3.6 pulley and E85?
Yes on a mustang dyno. Should be 730+ on a dynojet bit i dont really care about the number. What i care about is my 9.6 at 142mph

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Procharger stg 2. Especially right now while prices are low on the new upgraded kits with BAP, larger injectors, and better tune included. D1 is a good upgrade if you plan on going with a built engine someday. Relatively stock engine with no build plans P1 is plenty even with E85 plans FI.
Just as he said, the Procharger kits are hard to beat right now.

Without changing the price, Procharger added the HP Tuners nGauge, JMS Pump Booster and DW 95# injectors. I'm not exactly sure when they'll raise the prices due to the upgrades, but I would guess after SEMA when they release the new head unit.

It might be hard to compete with the used kit price wise, but give me a call if you have a few minutes. We're running a few sales and we might be able to help you out.

Matt

OP
OP
RSKTAKR

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes on a mustang dyno. Should be 730+ on a dynojet bit i dont really care about the number. What i care about is my 9.6 at 142mph
EXACTLY!! lol that's all I would care about too.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Depends on goals,

as vortech and paxtons largest dealer in the world, they are some great packages we do. Look at alex and his 9.6 with his paxton setup.

For a "complete kit", meaning the manufacturers complete kit with their tune and injectors. the procharger is a great buy right now

the complete kit is for the guy that really don't have plans to grow, or change to e85 / race gas / add headers, etc.. without a price increase right now they are a great buy.

our paxton kit with the sale we are running right now, is an incredible buy on the custom packages as well.

9 second potential for not a ridiculous amount of money.

hit me up with any questions, you have, i'm around 8 to 10 seven days a week to assist

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I was debating centrifugal but ended up with a stage 1 tvs..few hundred over 5k but I wanted that low end tire shredding torque
Sponsored