Sponsored

Where do you put your keys???

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
This being my first push button start car, I have a dilemma. Where do I put my freakin keys? I typically hook them on my belt with a carabiner type clip for convenience, then they are all hanging from the ignition. However I can't do that in this car. No way am I going to leave them clipped to my belt loop to poke holes in my leather seats. So far I just leave the fob in my pocket or put it in the little spot in front of the shifter, and throw the rest of the keys in the center console or cup holder. Kinda inconvenient. It'd be nice if they had a little clip or something in the column to hold them.
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
use your pockets as they are meant to. I always use a carabiner to keep the key separate from my house keys.

alternatively, when I am wearing gym shorts (weekends), I use a carabiner to clip to inside of my shorts on the tie string.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Mine stays in the tiny pocket on the right side of my pants/shorts, just above the main pocket. I put my key in that pocket at the start of the day, and take it out only when I get back home for the evening. I have found no reason to ever take my key out of my pocket.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
On my 370z I left them in my pocket. I'm sure I'll do the same.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Left pants/shorts pocket or any small pocket found inside a suit jacket.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I keep them the same place I keep my drugs....

...in my pocket.

Sickos

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I put them on the passenger seat. I'd rather have them hanging from a key slot like in cars of the olden days, but... now we must press the clutch/brake and press the start button instead of just... turning a key... to be more efficient. :)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I put them on the passenger seat. I'd rather have them hanging from a key slot like in cars of the olden days, but... now we must press the clutch/brake and press the start button instead of just... turning a key... to be more efficient. :)
The whole point of these new key system is so you can unlock your car and drive away without ever taking the keys out of your pocket.

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I put them in the coin holder or whatever it is called under the switches. My tree trunk legs are too big to keep them in my pockets since my thighs touch the door and the center console.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I have a gate opener for the apartment complex I live in, so I usually need to leave my keys out to open the gate. I just stick them in the first (bigger) cup holder. The second one is where the receipts go.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The whole point of these new key system is so you can unlock your car and drive away without ever taking the keys out of your pocket.
Well, I don't like having my key fob, building key, loft key, work office key, and my handy dandy bottle opener in my pocket ever, let alone when sitting down and the jeans tighten up a bit around that area. Maybe I should start carrying a man purse... :headbonk:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I don't like having my key fob, building key, loft key, work office key, and my handy dandy bottle opener in my pocket ever, let alone when sitting down and the jeans tighten up a bit around that area. Maybe I should start carrying a man purse... :headbonk:
I was just referring to the more efficient part. It is more efficient when used the way it was designed.

I like it, because I don't have to go digging around in all my pockets for keys. Just press to buttons and off I go.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
sounds like most of you need to start shedding some stuff from your everyday carry

this is all i carry every day

i'd have a pistol in there too if i didn't live in NY

ATnYjTt.jpg
Sponsored