Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I finally purchased a pressure washer and I'm looking for a good foam cannon to add to it. I see a lot of folks swearing by the Chemical Guys foam cannon but there are SOOOOO many bad reviews on it about the threads breaking off on the bottle. That's a lot of money to pay to have the bottles breaking after only a few uses.

So, looking for recommendations and first hand experience replies please! :headbang:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up, I bought the amazon one listed above and it works great. DO NOT DROP IT... I dropped mine the height of my wash bucket to the ground and it landed on the brass part, snapped the neck off the filler bottle. My hands were soapy and I just lost grip, sucks but at least I'm not out >$50

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same Amazon one and just bought a second one for a friend. At the price, really is worth it. Especially on prime/free shipping.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah that's what I don't understand about the Chemical Guys one...all the issues are with the bottle itself, not the attachment...so for the price why don't they use Nalgene or something very resistant to breakage?

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
+4 (I think) for that generic one from Amazon. I bought it last week and it works great with the wimpy electric pressure washer I have.

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have two different versions. Both seem to work well with my small 1.2 gallon pressure washer. One $17 and one was $60.

This one works well with my small 1.2 gallon pressure washer. But the ratio knob just spins forever. It will adjust the ratio but not sure when it stops. The stud it is mounted to also comes out at an angle. So it wobbles as you turn it. So it does sacrifice build quality and thickness of the foam. At least compared to the other one I have.

This one not only has better build quality and has thicker foam. This one is designed for smaller pressure washers. So that might be why the foam is thicker. But the ratio knob is sturdy, positive stops on both ends of the adjustment and just has better quality. The bottles seem to be the same thickness material. No major difference there.

There is no doubt that the less costly bottle works pretty well. It seems to get the job done. But the MTM professional with the fitting for the smaller pressure washers is superior in almost every way. But if you want to see if a foam cannon is for you, get the cheap one to try out. If you are happy with it, use it until it fails. Then decide if you want to get another cheap one or if you want to pay more and upgrade.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I for one love my MTM cannon but i may need to sell it.
With the water here after 3 washes I cant get things to rinse off fully. Its a shame because its a blast to use and i unfortunately am 1 block away from the better water district.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I was given the CG Torque foam cannon as a gift and have had zero issues. Had I not been given it, I'd have bought an MTN.