Sponsored

Work from home. New Mustang a waste?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
IMO, no... a Mustang isn't worth it. But I'll sell you mine for $45K. ;)
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Also, how old? 18?
I'm 25 years old actually.

Yes, it's a waste. Can you wire me payment of $26,000 so I can buy mine outright.

Trust fund?
No. I had an amazing job and I saved my money. It is quite easy invest and 401k. :). Oh and I don't do credit cards. Everything I buy I pay for in cash. I do the Dave Ramsey system :)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm 25 years old actually.

No. I had an amazing job and I saved my money. It is quite easy invest and 401k. :). Oh and I don't do credit cards. Everything I buy I pay for in cash. I do the Dave Ramsey system :)
You live with your parents don't you?

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
If I worked from home and had a paid off DD.
I'd buy something nicer/better than a Mustang as a second car.
I'm only saying this because I DD a Mustang.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Is the Focus paid for? If so, keep it! Insurance/taxes on an '05 Focus can't be much, and it would be nice to have a ride for times when you just washed the Mustang and it's raining, or you have to go to the home improvement store and get mulch.
Yes of course Focus is paid for. Insurance is like $250/yr. if I get the 'Stang, Jetta will stay and Focus will have to go. I'd rather sell Jetta as its worth about $7k more. But my old parents love the Jetta when they use it for 4.5 months. It's way more plush than the ZX3. They would be happy with the Focus, so let them enjoy the VW if they like it so much. Jetta is paid off too.

Sponsored

BMR Tech 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 13 GT/CS
I lived less than half a mile from my Station in Pearl Harbor, HI when I was there...Still bought a new Mustang.

Wouldn't go back and change a thing....Except maybe getting a GT500

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
You live with your parents don't you?
LOL c'mon man, ease off on him. We'd all be taking advantage of that situation if we had the chance.

Also, that is stupid to not use credit cards. You're just throwing away free cash/rewards/mileage and you can still just pay it off each month. Plus it doesn't hurt to build up your credit in case you do need to use it in the future.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I work from home, my "operational range" is about 10 miles :D Still, my car is my +thing+, it's my hobby, when I drive it's for fun, I enjoy modding it, taking it shows, cruising (with the top down when it's not 100 f-ing degrees in Florida :D)

So yeah, buy it :cheers:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
With those great mountain roads near you a d the great weather all year? And no kids? Do it!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Give your parents the Jetta, and buy the new Mustang as your only car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Give your parents the Jetta, and buy the new Mustang as your only car.
Jetta would be my 2nd car. Parents live on east coast. I'm in SoCal. They stay north of me 4.5 mos out of the year every year. My dad has bad asthma and COPD. He abandons the ragweed season on east coast as it's pretty miserable for him. So I keep the car around for them.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I do daily drive mine, but for the first year I still looked for any reason to take it out. My wife loved that she could send me to do just about anything. Now I don't get that way, but I'm daily driving it and even when I do have to go somewhere and don't want to, I still enjoy pushing that start button once I drag myself out to the car.

I believe the performance pack is available in an auto for 2018.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
I work 3 days a week.
My round trip commute is 2.4 miles.
The Mustangs are not daily drivers.

If you have a true passion and desire to own and enjoy the '17 PP, and can afford the expense of having 3 vehicles, then purchasing this car is not a waste of anything.

Buy it and enjoy it the way you want to...at your discretion and with no regrets.
Consider yourself lucky.
:cheers:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
OP, you can do a compromise solution. 1) Wait until end of coming winter to be buy the car, because you truly may not care as much over time. Then, 2) buy a lightly used Mustang if you still want one. For example, a 2016 will be a 2 year old car at that time, and you could get one for much less than a new one.

Few of us realize that in our lifetimes, we probably spend more in total on cars than on houses.

Heck, these days if you work from home, there is probably no need to own ANY car. Uber/Lyft is so much cheaper than car ownership overall.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP, you can do a compromise solution. 1) Wait until end of coming winter to be buy the car, because you truly may not care as much over time. Then, 2) buy a lightly used Mustang if you still want one. For example, a 2016 will be a 2 year old car at that time, and you could get one for much less than a new one.

Few of us realize that in our lifetimes, we probably spend more in total on cars than on houses.

Heck, these days if you work from home, there is probably no need to own ANY car. Uber/Lyft is so much cheaper than car ownership overall.
Sound ideas, thx. But I disagree about Uber/Lyft if you have cheap cars. I paid under $5K for my Focus with under 35K orig mi. I'd rather have that at my disposal b/c it drives pretty much like new and in the long run is cheaper than paying for rides.
Sponsored