Build Week 2/2/15

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
Glad to see you guys are getting your cars finally. It has been quite the journey for all of us. My GT was pulled off the train in a town about 30 mins away almost a week ago and still no word on its arrival to the dealership. With the exception of the QC hold, I think this is the part of the journey that nobody but the convoy people will know when it will be delivered. Knowing that it could show up any day has been nerve racking.
Sponsored

BlueTurf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1966 289 Coupe
Glad to see you guys are getting your cars finally. It has been quite the journey for all of us. My GT was pulled off the train in a town about 30 mins away almost a week ago and still no word on its arrival to the dealership. With the exception of the QC hold, I think this is the part of the journey that nobody but the convoy people will know when it will be delivered. Knowing that it could show up any day has been nerve racking.

Yup - reality here. My EDD just got moved back four days last night. Apparently it takes almost a month to ship a car from Detroit to So. Cal - go figure.

I guess my MY EDD has ED!:D

keith909man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
okay, so strange thing. COTUS is showing my car was delivered on 02/25. called the dealership but nothing. Sent Jeff a PM regarding the matter but he's also telling me according to his system it was delivered on the 25th. he says it doesn't even show in his system anymore which is something that it does when a car was finally delivered... Called back to the dealership after hearing this information from Jeff but dealership is telling it isn't there and when they try to pull it up on their tracker, its no longer showing... they can't track it anymore as well.... He said something about since its a sold item, it no longer gives tracking on sold cars... So I just don't know. My car is lost in limbo

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
okay, so strange thing. COTUS is showing my car was delivered on 02/25. called the dealership but nothing. Sent Jeff a PM regarding the matter but he's also telling me according to his system it was delivered on the 25th. he says it doesn't even show in his system anymore which is something that it does when a car was finally delivered... Called back to the dealership after hearing this information from Jeff but dealership is telling it isn't there and when they try to pull it up on their tracker, its no longer showing... they can't track it anymore as well.... He said something about since its a sold item, it no longer gives tracking on sold cars... So I just don't know. My car is lost in limbo
I don't know what your dealer did but mine was showing on COTUS as delivered until the dealership entered it as sold in the system and after that it was no longer showing in COTUS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BlueTurf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1966 289 Coupe
Update.

Dealer just called and says the car is at the railhead 50 miles from here and will be trucked over this weekend even though my latest EDD got moved back to 10 days out last night! Huh?

So....is it true? Who the hell knows!? Unbelievable...

Sponsored

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
Unbelievable news. Just got a text from the dealer and he said my car has arrived. They'll be doing PDI and washing and should be able to pick it up this evening. I cant believe it has finally come and crossing my fingers that there are no major issues!

keith909man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't know what your dealer did but mine was showing on COTUS as delivered until the dealership entered it as sold in the system and after that it was no longer showing in COTUS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
So update: after all that with an AWOL car, Jeff contacted his regional service manager which in retuned contacted me by phone and told me that he was able to pull up my car and that at the time it was still sitting at flat rock and he pretty much told me my dealership was dicking around lol :amen: and that he spoke to them on customer services and such oops probably got them in trouble.

Sooo, after all that, about couple hours later, my COTUS "magically" FINALLY updates. went from "delivered" to finally "in transit" with a new EDD of 4/10 from 4/06... Im really happy to see it moving now but it sucks because i'll be out of town the 8th to the 15th:frusty:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I hate it for everyone still waiting. Especially if your car is still in Flat Rock. That's just ridiculous. I can, however, say that once you get the car it doesn't take long to start forgetting all the frustration you're going through.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I picked mine up this morning... FINALLY! Four months to the day. (11/26 - 3/26)

Mostly it looked great. Except for the trunk, all the panels fit well. The gap where the rear bumper meets the fender was a little uneven on both sides, but it's OK with me. Looks better than my '05 did in those spots.

The leather on one of the side bolsters of the passenger seat is a little loose so I'll have to have that fixed. (68B Premier Trim)

I'll post problem pics and give a little more detail in the "Report" thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18117

Oh, and mine had 16 miles on it when it came off the truck yesterday.

Coolest thing though was my build sheet was in the car!!
20150326_101509b.jpg

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I picked mine up this morning... FINALLY! Four months to the day. (11/26 - 3/26)

Mostly it looked great. Except for the trunk, all the panels fit well. The gap where the rear bumper meets the fender was a little uneven on both sides, but it's OK with me. Looks better than my '05 did in those spots.

The leather on one of the side bolsters of the passenger seat is a little loose so I'll have to have that fixed. (68B Premier Trim)

I'll post problem pics and give a little more detail in the "Report" thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18117

Oh, and mine had 16 miles on it when it came off the truck yesterday.

Coolest thing though was my build sheet was in the car!!

Great to hear Stang Nut. Wow, I see from your order date, you have waited longer than me. You are right though. Once you get it, you do forget all that frustration. Sounds like you have the same little seat problem that I have. Dealer told me no worries. Congrats.....

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Mine was ordered on 1/10/15 and will be delivered on 3/28 so not too bad a wait. From the pics my salesman took there don't appesr to be gaps but I will check it out when I actually see her tomorrow. Here's a pic
image.jpg

neozeric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
Happy for everyone who is finally getting their car! Mine should be here next week. I say once everyone gets their car, we delete this thread :)

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Happy for everyone who is finally getting their car! Mine should be here next week. I say once everyone gets their car, we delete this thread :)
No need to delete it I think. It will just move on down the pages with time, as they have all done. It might be nice to always be able to come back to it, just in case we want to share something with those in our build week.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I think this is a great thread to keep even in the future. Maybe there will be a common issue with our week?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I can't wait to see the last person to get their car post in this thread.
Sponsored