Sponsored

Ugh...What Color?

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Black is the worst color. You can't keep it clean for more than 15 mins, it shows swirls and scratches, it gets hot in the sun and any imperfections are highlighted. 100% never buying black cars ever again.
Fair enough, was thinking it will keep my detailer in business!
Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
One thing I've noticed with the lighter colors vs. darker...

darker colors hide the body panel alignment much better than the lighter colors. The lighter colors will make the gaps/panel alignment stand out especially the front fender and hood because you will notice all the gaps more clearly.

I'm not set on darker colors are harder to clean. I know mine (Competition Orange) is very hard to keep clean. The first to show...wheels and the stupid glossy black trunk.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Hmm, not sure what that implies
:lol: Good point....However, I've had a lot of black cars/trucks and they tend to rule your life keeping them looking their best. Where I live now a day spent detailing was erased 3 miles down the road. :frusty:

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
RR is incredible IRL. Photos rarely do it justice. Totally worth the upcharge.

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That's the same list colors I considered (along with Metallic). I don't think you can go wrong with any of those, quite honestly. I really like the unique look of the DIB and think it looks great in sunlight. But ultimately i went with the Ruby Red and couldn't be happier:

Sponsored

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
That's the same list colors I considered (along with Metallic). I don't think you can go wrong with any of those, quite honestly. I really like the unique look of the DIB and think it looks great in sunlight. But ultimately i went with the Ruby Red and couldn't be happier:

Yes I'd have to agree. Deep impact blue and ruby red are very good colours! Black causes you more problems than any other colour so not a good choice. Do you want blue or do you want red?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
One thing I've noticed with the lighter colors vs. darker...

darker colors hide the body panel alignment much better than the lighter colors. The lighter colors will make the gaps/panel alignment stand out especially the front fender and hood because you will notice all the gaps more clearly.

I'm not set on darker colors are harder to clean. I know mine (Competition Orange) is very hard to keep clean. The first to show...wheels and the stupid glossy black trunk.
It's not hard to keep clean if you just don't care about keeping it clean.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Hockeypucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
LOL I like the myriad of responses. I currently own a black car but I don't take care of it at all so I won't let that influence me against black. With my last new car I washed it nearly every weekend, I'm more concerned about it showing swirl marks.

Anyone have inputs as to paint imperfections with either of the three? The dealer models I looked at were all parked outside so it's hard to find issues when there's a layer of dust/dirt on it.
Swirl marks are easily avoidable with proper washing techniques. I'm not a professional detailer but I use many of the same products and techniques the pros use. A dark car doesn't have to be a burden, though washing and caring for my car is just as much fun as driving it. Check out some of the videos at adamspolishes.com if you'd like some great washing tips.

But DIB gets my vote for sure! Might be my next car.

Sponsored

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I wanted Ingot Silver...couldn't wait so ended up with black (love it) I saw a Guard GT 'vert at my local dealer today. Looks great! Race Red Ecoboost performance pack there as well. Looks Awesome! I really don't think you can go wrong with any color.

BTW I take mine through and autowash once or twice a week because my wife bought me 6 months of car washes letting me use them daily. Black car still looks great every time I wash the salt and crap off it. I plan to polish it twice a year and not have a heart attack if there are scratches or swirls. I had a black Challenger and babied it with only hand washes and could not park it in a regular parking lot due to fear of door dings.....funny thing that car is gone and I am accepting and relaxing about very minor defects. It sure lets you enjoy what your car is all about.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Now that is a car being used as it was intended to be used from the factory. I like pics like these almost as much as I do of clean ones freshly detailed.
:thumbsup: Agreed. Like to see people enjoying their car how it was meant to be enjoyed... driven.

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
DIB

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP GET ALL THE COLORS! THAT'S WHAT I DID!

Forgive me... I've been drinking.
Sponsored

Last edited: