Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What I really want is a Kona Blue 50 years model but I'd end up molesting it and id feel bad about it. Plus I save 8 grand or more by not getting it
Sponsored

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Black is not a color choice...it's a lifestyle choice.

Ruby Red was in the running for a long time....but for me Magnetic won out...with your 3, I'd go RR over the DIB. IMHO.

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
RR > DIB. I don't even like red, thought I would never buy a red car, my last car was read a handy me down Saw RR on YouTube and I was like wow that is nice. Saw DIB and I ran to barf. Still can't believe I bought a red car was going blue for like 8 months of 2014, then thought maybe silver, any sort of red was never in the running.

First saw the 50th anniversary one sitting on the grass on YouTube. Then I saw this video, this one was in Cali already long sold but found the exact same car in Texas in time for Xmas.

PandaMike5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT Premium A10
Of the three, I'd go RR after seeing them all in person. DIB has too much purple in it during certain lighting conditions (I miss the darker Atlantic Blue from 2000). After owning a black car, I will never buy one again. They look amazing when clean, but are such a pain to keep up with.

Either way, color will always be opinionated. They all look great, just depends on what floats your boat. :cheers:

Sponsored

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Oh no kidding, if they offered a deep purple it would be a no brainier. I actually like the crazy plum purple that Dodge had on its challenger/charger.

I was cross shopping the BMW M235i and Estoril Blue with the Dakota Red seats (Superman Style) seems to be a popular option...too much contrast for me though lol.
Let MOPAR keep those cheesy colors for their schoolboy cars.

I have Ruby Red and I have seen almost all of the colors and in direct sunlight NONE of them compare to Ruby Red. Its so deep looking, like you could swim in it. The subtle gold metallic notes and the tinted clearcoat really give you some beautiful colors at all angles. Not the most eye catching in cloudy weather. Shows road salt like crazy and does get dirty. Water spots don't show up too much. But clean it is incredible.

I drove my 2005 Mustang for 9 years which was a very similar color and I can only attribute the color to me getting pulled over once (drove off with a warning) so I really wouldn't be scared of that happening.

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Why do you want the car?, that might help you and us decide what colour you want.
If you want one because you love bad looking cars like the Eleanor or Mad Max then go black, if you want one because you love the lines of the car, go blue, if you want one because you want to just drive a really nice car then go ruby red. Also Ruby Red isn't the cop magnet colour, Black is.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
All the colours look good. The only problem with the darker ones is that you can really see the dings, they stand out more. But who could care! No one would ever dint it!

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
My S197 GT was Ruby Red and I loved the color especially when the sun hit the metal flake in the paint. Good luck with what ever you choose.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Of those choices, I'd go DIB. Stunning in the sun.

Me, I had this problem as well. I tend to burn out quickly on actual colors, so they were out. Partial to silver but have had many drivers that color. Thought about black, but one black car per lifetime was enough. So Magnetic it is, best of both worlds.

:)

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
RR > DIB. I don't even like red, thought I would never buy a red car, my last car was read a handy me down Saw RR on YouTube and I was like wow that is nice. Saw DIB and I ran to barf. Still can't believe I bought a red car was going blue for like 8 months of 2014, then thought maybe silver, any sort of red was never in the running.

First saw the 50th anniversary one sitting on the grass on YouTube. Then I saw this video, this one was in Cali already long sold but found the exact same car in Texas in time for Xmas.
And that is the same opinion I had before I saw the RR in person. Once I saw it, sold!

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Why do you want the car?, that might help you and us decide what colour you want.
If you want one because you love bad looking cars like the Eleanor or Mad Max then go black, if you want one because you love the lines of the car, go blue, if you want one because you want to just drive a really nice car then go ruby red. Also Ruby Red isn't the cop magnet colour, Black is.
I grew up loving the classic mustangs and always wanted a big V8 car. Now that I can afford one I've decided it's time to realize that dream (even if it's not a 69 Mach 1). I first fell in love with the black, then add redline interior and I was instantly hooked. But then I saw the blue and later on ruby red and now all the confusion lol.

As for black being the cop magnet, I dsagree. Red has always topped the list of highest pullover rates in every article Ive read.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Black is the worst color. You can't keep it clean for more than 15 mins, it shows swirls and scratches, it gets hot in the sun and any imperfections are highlighted. 100% never buying black cars ever again.
Sponsored