Sponsored

What should we realistically expect to be revealed on the 17th?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Where did this Mach 1 stuff start? Pretty much everything legit points only to the GT350 as the hi-po model.
Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Hello Thed,

You can expect a whole lot of awesomeness coming your way but that’s all I can tell you. The wait will soon be over.
Have a great day! :)

Tricia
I actually meant that as in there's only another two weeks (not even) until the celebration. In my mind it felt like it was still two months away.

Time friggin FLIES when you're busy. :headbonk:

5.0 Coyote

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I will be leaving Florida on Tuesday and going to NC for the big 50TH MUSTANG BIRTHDAY PARTY,should be a good time.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
From MotorAuthority....

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ustang-50th-anniversary-celebration?fbfanpage

We’re just over a week away from the Mustang’s 50th birthday, and Ford is finalizing its preparations for the celebration. The Mustang officially turns 50 on April 17, and as you may have guessed Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] has a lineup of events planned. These include a repeat of the 1964 stunt where a Mustang was taken to the roof of the Empire State Building in New York, as well as two week-long events starting April 16 and to be held simultaneously at Charlotte Motor Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

The events are being hosted by Ford in partnership with the Mustang Club of America, and they will be attended by Ford execs Bill Ford and Mark Fields. Thousands of Mustang owners and fans are also expected to attend the events, which will include product ride-and-drives, track time, and special displays showcasing a model from each year of the Mustang’s 50-year run as well as special editions and the all-new 2015 Mustang.
ALSO SEE: 2015 Ford Mustang Is Powerful, But Aero-Efficient Too: Video

A special highlight for fans will be appearances by some of the people who contributed to the development of various Mustang models, and no doubt they’ll have a few inside stories to tell. Just some of the names include Gale Halderman, the designer credited with the shape of the first-generation Mustang, and Jack Telnack, who was Ford vice president of design during the early days of the Mustang. Also in attendance will be Dave Pericak, current Mustang chief engineer; Moray Callum, current vice president of design and brother to Jaguar design boss Ian Callum; Hau Thai-Tang, former Mustang chief engineer; and Henry Ford III.

For more information on the events, visit the official Mustang birthday website (www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com) or the website of the Mustang Club of America (www.mustang.org).

I also wonder which event (Vegas or Charlotte) Dave Pericak will attend. I hope it's the former, as I'd queue up to shake his hand :)

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I actually meant that as in there's only another two weeks (not even) until the celebration. In my mind it felt like it was still two months away.

Time friggin FLIES when you're busy. :headbonk:
Thed,

I know the feeling! Time seems to fly and stand still at the same time when you're anxiously awaiting something fun and exciting. =)

Have a nice day!

Tricia

Sponsored

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
:(

Any idea who'll be speaking at the Vegas one?
Design VP Moray Callum will speaking at the Saturday banquet in Vegas. Other Ford staff on hand during the weekend include Hau Tai-Tang, Mustang marketing manger Steve Ling and Henry Ford III

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'll settle for Moray...........I've always wanted to meet his brother too, ever since to designed those gorgeous Aston Martins :)

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
FRIDAY, APRIL 18

Kelly and Michael will wrap up the week with three exciting anniversary editions, toplined by the national TV debut of the iconic 50th anniversary Ford Mustang. Two additional special models will make their world debuts on the show: Dodge is celebrating its 100th anniversary with a special edition Dodge Challenger, and the sporty Mazda MX-5 Miata commemorates the model's 25th anniversary.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/50th-anniversary-mustang-714.html?p=37141#post37141

MYs197

I guess that's it then. Funny how often these minor leaks come from people who don't know this is not public info yet.

Now let's hope we get some stats on the car.