Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This isn't chiseled enough for you?

My headlights are an informed guess. They were still choosing which of five headlight buckets to make the production intent. I will bet they look better than my guess.

It's good enough for me. I might need some.....um....."alone time" with that :love:
Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Shelby-ize it, or Cobra (whatever they decide to call it) and it will be a tough choice between that and a c7-z07.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
To me the top half of the front fascia is more like the Fusion than Mustang. I don't know. It's just me. I want a Mustang that stares at me and dares me to do some serious works but not in any mean or sinister way but more of a challenge. This one sort of smiles indifferently. Maybe it's the angle. I am not sure.
As often said "Beauty is in the eye of the ..."

When I look at the face, it says evolved '13-'14 look with some Ford familial resemblance.

I remember when I first saw the 2005 GT model and thought "droopy-eyed smile" but still Mustang. In certain angles, it looked that way to me, and in others, looks muscular. No disrespect to any '05-'09 owner because when I saw the car in person, my opinion changed and I had a 2007 GT in my driveway before I got my 2010.

This design appears to be in keeping with the "evolved, modernized Mustang but you still know it as a Mustang" theme. It's interesting to see what different people react to when making their assessment.

I appreciate what chaz has done to realize what we are all going to see soon. It's actually helped me make up my mind that I WANT ONE!

Mriley

Overall the render looks good though I am still a bit bothered by the front end. It's still a bit tame, a bit too much like a Fusion. I think the lower half of the front fascia is OK, but the top half could look a bit more distinctive. A proper Mustang front should have a more chisel and sharpened look, like it means business ... I think the proper word is "sinewy". For example I like the new front end of Infiniti Q50. It looks aggressive but at the same time remains classy. Actually the Evos concept front end may fit this description.

One simple change could be done to the headlights to make it a little bit sharper ... more like the Evos and less like the Fusion.
Confused... how is the current Mustang's front end more "chiseled" or "sharpened" looking than this one? Whether you like the current look or not, objectively looking, it is not a "chiseled" one at all, IMO.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
One simple change could be done to the headlights to make it a little bit sharper ... more like the Evos and less like the Fusion.
Problem is we have already seen photos of the front and Chaz has modeled his render after those photos. The front of the Mustang won't look more like the Evos until the first refresh in '17 or '18.

Sponsored

kc3333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 YB Boss, 2012 SGM MCA
To me the test is this: take the pony away; from straight on, does it say 'Mustang?' I am undecided, but if it doesn't, we're back to the family theme, at least for the front.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
To me the test is this: take the pony away; from straight on, does it say 'Mustang?' I am undecided, but if it doesn't, we're back to the family theme, at least for the front.
And is that a bad thing? The "family theme" looks GREAT! it just so happens that the "family theme" also looks great on the Mustang. Why wouldn't Ford want to keep that up? It helps Ford's brand across the board.

Granted -- I don't like how Audi does it where they all look the same (save for the TT), but Ford seems to be adopting their design language well. They all have similar themes, but are designed for the specific vehicle -- so SUVs look like SUV's, but are still instantly recognizable as Fords.

I suspect the Mustang will ultimately be the same. Clear and distinctive, yet clearly Ford.

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
Confused... how is the current Mustang's front end more "chiseled" or "sharpened" looking than this one? Whether you like the current look or not, objectively looking, it is not a "chiseled" one at all, IMO.
You're right. I might be contradicting because the current Mustang front probably can't be characterized as "chiseled" or "sharpened". I guess I was only trying to express my preference. Since Ford is starting with a new design, they might as well try something a bit more daring and new. I was trying to use the Infiniti Q50 as an example as having a compromise between looking aggressive but understated. The past Mustang styling may be a bit too extrovert for international appeal. As I said it could be the angle. Maybe a direct angle to the front of Chaz's render will reveal something more aggressive.

I have a feeling that the front end of Chaz's render may look similar but probably exact. I can't believe Ford would allow that to happen. I doubt very much they let Chaz unveal the final design before they do :-)

KZStang

I have a feeling that the front end of Chaz's render may look similar but probably exact. I can't believe Ford would allow that to happen. I doubt very much they let Chaz unveal the final design before they do :-)
Ford didn't let him, but did they have a choice? :)

Heck, it's happened before and from the same Artis at that ;). Sure as accurate as it is, it's not going to be a carbon copy of the real thing. Even if you had an actual photograph of the car, to perfectly translate it into a rendering is impossible. Human error and all. Still about as life-like as any rendering I've ever seen.

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
This isn't chiseled enough for you?

My headlights are an informed guess. They were still choosing which of five headlight buckets to make the production intent. I will bet they look better than my guess.
By "headlight bucket" does that mean headlight style? Like the design within the headlamps or the actual headlamp shape? Because if the shape is still being debated that would be great because I hate the shape that all the renderings are saying it'll look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
The shape of the opening is correct. See " the face of the 2015 mustang" thread.

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
The shape of the opening is correct. See " the face of the 2015 mustang" thread.
That's what I feared. I don't like it. The renderings look good because it's real but I just don't like it. I wish they were more slit-like.

stangray11

That's what I feared. I don't like it. The renderings look good because it's real but I just don't like it. I wish they were more slit-like.

You are in the minority there, I believe. Seems most people were relieved the lights were not completely Evos-like slits, but something a little closer to the current lights.

Anyhow, there's already too many people crying about it being too Fusion/Evos. That drum would be even louder if the headlights were similar.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
It Looks Really Good Chaz! I hope Mr Peabody is right and that Yours is closer to the Real Thing because Yours looks much better than Car and Driver's render to me.
Sponsored