Sponsored

Your thoughts on Pro-flow bov vs aftermarket

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Saw this on another forum and wanted to see what you guys thought. I spoke to someone I know that has worked with prochargers and said they were originally recircs, were never designed to seal fully and it shouldn't leak too much air. Not trying to bash just wondering if you have ever looked into the bov and saw a lot of gap or swapped to an aftermarket and saw slightly higher pressure on logs.

[ame]
IMG_6869.JPG
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Nice test man,could explain the differences guys are seeing in boost numbers with the same pulley and elevation.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
The only other way to put an aftermarket Bov is to do a wastegate at the same time is it?

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
The only other way to put an aftermarket Bov is to do a wastegate at the same time is it?
Unrelated. Wastegate is used to keep you car at a safe or desired boost level using a spring setting.
Bov is used to scare the out of people lol. It just vents off air that that the supercharger makes that the motor is not using.
From my understanding this is how they work with supercharged cars.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Yea I understand that, I guess what I'm trying to ask is, cam you just bolt on another bov in place of the procharger bpv?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Nice test man,could explain the differences guys are seeing in boost numbers with the same pulley and elevation.
I didn't do it, someone else did it. But I agree, there's a decent gap in PSI with people with similar setups.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Thinking about swapping to a turbosmart like this one just for shits and giggles and see if i see a difference on logs.

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Race-Port-BOVs/Race-Port-Black_2.html

It's supposed to be quieter than the red race valve from what I hear.
Raceport is good, I had one on my single turbo set up. Performed flawlessly & had a pretty cool rattle snake sound when it vented. It's is quite compared to red bov & 50mm Tial which is what I have now on my Paxton & twin set up. I had a big red on my c7 with a blower also & its louder than Tial by a little & way louder than the Raceport.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Yea I understand that, I guess what I'm trying to ask is, cam you just bolt on another bov in place of the procharger bpv?
You will have to buy a pre fab pipe with the flange welded ready for install or take the pipe to a fab shop & have them weld up the flange unless you can at home which is what I did to save some coin. Make sure you get the supercharger spring I think it's the 2lb spring.

Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
You will have to buy a pre fab pipe with the flange welded ready for install or take the pipe to a fab shop & have them weld up the flange unless you can at home which is what I did to save some coin. Make sure you get the supercharger spring I think it's the 2lb spring.
So all you need is to buy a pipe with flange and connect it exactly the way it is now? Just remove the rubber hose and replace it with the new pipe and bov?

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
[MENTION=24782]15dib[/MENTION] You will have to get the hot pipe (pipe from the blower into the intercooler) modified,or a new one made up, with a flange for the BOV. There is no pre-made kit. [MENTION=28216]PSI Proformance[/MENTION] fabbed me up a new pipe with the BOV flange and it looked/fit great.

I am running a 50mm Race Port Turbosmart BOV and the sound is awesome, very loud. I have not looked into differences in boost and since I did a WG at the same time it cant really be compared. I can hear the BOV windows up at triple digit speeds if enough air is coming out of it. Revving you can stand 6ft in front of it and still feel the air blowing, Lol.

One thing i do notice is when doing a pull and letting off the gas at high RPMs, the vaccuum is higher now. Not sure if thats only the BOV causing that or the whole setup, but now letting off i see as much as 25-26inHg where before the highest I remember seeing is 24inHg.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
[MENTION=24782]15dib[/MENTION] You will have to get the hot pipe (pipe from the blower into the intercooler) modified,or a new one made up, with a flange for the BOV. There is no pre-made kit. [MENTION=28216]PSI Proformance[/MENTION] fabbed me up a new pipe with the BOV flange and it looked/fit great.

I am running a 50mm Race Port Turbosmart BOV and the sound is awesome, very loud. I have not looked into differences in boost and since I did a WG at the same time it cant really be compared. I can hear the BOV windows up at triple digit speeds if enough air is coming out of it. Revving you can stand 6ft in front of it and still feel the air blowing, Lol.

One thing i do notice is when doing a pull and letting off the gas at high RPMs, the vaccuum is higher now. Not sure if thats only the BOV causing that or the whole setup, but now letting off i see as much as 25-26inHg where before the highest I remember seeing is 24inHg.
That sounds doable, but just to reiterate, you don't need to run a wastegate in combination to the bov? You can run just an aftermarket bob. We're talking about a pc unit.
Sponsored