Your thoughts on Pro-flow bov vs aftermarket

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
That sounds doable, but just to reiterate, you don't need to run a wastegate in combination to the bov? You can run just an aftermarket bob. We're talking about a pc unit.
Yes definitely, a BOV does the same thing The standard bypass valve does. The reason you see it alot on wastegate setups is because the standard valve isn't made to keep up with high amounts of boost that you have to bleed off in a wastegated setup.
Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Yes definitely, a BOV does the same thing The standard bypass valve does. The reason you see it alot on wastegate setups is because the standard valve isn't made to keep up with high amounts of boost that you have to bleed off in a wastegated setup.
Thanks bro I've been wanting to run an aftermarket bov for sound purposes only. Another question, is there a specific spring in there I need to run or that's just the wastwgate?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
THIS THING IS SPREADING LIKE A VIRUS!!!!

This thread should be locked,..... this literally is getting old chasing around FB and now the forums, on something that isn't even an issue.

TRUST ME GUYS, that tiny tiny tiny leak of like less than 2 cfm, is NOTHING to worry about when your blower is moving HUNDREDS of CFM!!!

The blade doesn't make contact because you don't WANT IT TO.
Same reason your TB doesn't actually make 100% contact.
Cause if it did, it could get stuck with temperature changes and wear.

Due to a very simple aerodynamic principle called "Vena Contracta" (google it) the leak this valve has at low CFM stays the same as pressure and flow increase behind it.

PLEASE DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO BUYING SOMETHING YOU DON'T NEED! :)

NOTE: If you do want to waste $$$, we do offer a "Bullet" valve, that has a 100% seal. (which again, will show no change in boost pressure)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks bro I've been wanting to run an aftermarket bov for sound purposes only. Another question, is there a specific spring in there I need to run or that's just the wastwgate?
Yes there is a specific spring for supercharged applications. When you order the BOV it will be an option.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Well I'm chasing as much noise my procharger can make lol.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
That would be that same as any other bov, I would need to weld the flange to the existing pipe right?
Nope, Procharger makes a pre-made pipe for the race valve. And it is essentially the same thing as a BOV. Much easier as you don't have to get anything fabricated.

The placement however is very close to the inlet pipe so you have to make sure the inlet is trimmed properly and the race valve isnt pressing against it. Also if you plan on upgrading to a MAK/BW inlet pipe in the future the race valve won't fit in its current location. That being said, putting a BOV on the hot pipe wont fit perfectly either. I trimmed a section of my grille out for mine. Things are tight in these cars :headbonk:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

This thread should be locked,..... this literally is getting old chasing around FB and now the forums, on something that isn't even an issue.

TRUST ME GUYS, that tiny tiny tiny leak of like less than 2 cfm, is NOTHING to worry about when your blower is moving HUNDREDS of CFM!!!

Due to a very simple aerodynamic principle called "Vena Contracta" (google it) the leak this valve has at low CFM stays the same as pressure and flow increase behind it.

NOTE: If you do want to waste $$$, we do offer a "Bullet" valve, that has a 100% seal. (which again, will show no change in boost pressure)
I have the bullet valve and I picked up 3 psi just by changing from the pro-flow to the bullet.

JK. I picked up nothing between the two. I just find this thread funny. :D

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Looking at prices, and it seems getting the flange welded and buying an aftermarket bov would be cheaper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

What's this "bullet" bov look like? Any pics? Does it work on the same location as the proflo or different?

I think I saw from reading in the forums that after 13ish psi is best to upgrade from the proflo, is that correct?

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Is the bullet a direct swap with Proflow? I too wouldn't hate a little more noise on shifts. Alternatively is there a mod that can make the proflow a little more noticeable? Pulling off the filter perhaps?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Is the bullet a direct swap with Proflow? I too wouldn't hate a little more noise on shifts. Alternatively is there a mod that can make the proflow a little more noticeable? Pulling off the filter perhaps?
direct replacement, a touch louder...

M143859826.jpg

this one has a very "distinct" noise to it, kinda like a whistle if no hose is connected to the discharge

$(KGrHqN,!qEFItwhi8mIBSL29r4CCg~~60_35.jpg

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I find it is a little louder but the flutter on deceleration is a lot louder. Mine is plumbed back in.