Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
Do you feel any power increase? Or is this purely drivability changes? Only thing I've noticed that's completely different is the high idle time during cold start. The PP2s duration is much much shorter than stock in that regard on mine.
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I have heard nothing but good things about the tune from you folks that have it! I can't wait for FPP to release it already... please be sure to contact them and give your feedback so that they will know that the tune is working as intended and hopefully release it sooner to the rest of us.:cheers:
i guessthey are ready with new tune. As they have started shippin new consignments which thry held for almost 2 months

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
i guessthey are ready with new tune. As they have started shippin new consignments which thry held for almost 2 months
I hope that's the case but I feel like they would have released the new tune officially already if they were specifically waiting on it to be ready ship new units. I hope you're right tho.

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I hope that's the case but I feel like they would have released the new tune officially already if they were specifically waiting on it to be ready ship new units. I hope you're right tho.
The tune does not ship. You download it from ford once you recieive your kit using the procal and voucher.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
The Procal tune software defaults to 3.31 gears and you can change if needed. If it was for pp only they would say that. Radiator has nothing to do with it either as my car isn't getting any hotter than a pp driving on highway.
This tune is made for the 5.0 engine and any 15-17 mustang that has one in it.
Hi all. I'm considering the PP 2. I have a question about gearing. My GT Premium has a 3.53 rear end. Just want to verify that in the ProCal software do I have the option of inputting what rear end I have? Does the software make changes to the mapping accordingly? Sorry for the n00b questions...this computer tuning is new to me. Thanks.

Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
A two month wait for parts after your order hasn't been unusual since the initial release. The kits are usually more on back order than available.

Last edited:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
One of my top mods

Hope they have the new rev. when I order mine. ;)

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The tune does not ship. You download it from ford once you recieive your kit using the procal and voucher.
I know... by "it" I meant PP2. So in other words, I would think that that they would release the new tune (to be downloaded) before they would release more allocations of PP2. If that was the reason that they held those orders back, which I don't believe to be the case. I think this is simply a "not enough supply for demand" type deal as it has been since the beginning.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
So from what I've read in this thread regarding the updated/new tune, it would appear that the new tune should be available for download soon?

The much-discussed "rev hang issue" seems to be fixed (as per the beta testers in this thread). I ordered my PP2 this morning from Levittown.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So from what I've read in this thread regarding the updated/new tune, it would appear that the new tune should be available for download soon?

The much-discussed "rev hang issue" seems to be fixed (as per the beta testers in this thread). I ordered my PP2 this morning from Levittown.
To your first point, It's kinda foggy. When I talked to FP they said there were gonna release the revised tune. However, other members have commented that their interactions were opposite of that.
I would think that they will release the revised software though :thumbsup::cheers:

To your second point, you're absolutely right.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thank you, 2morrow. Levittown is showing an ETA of late-June, but we know how that goes. Could be next week, could be July. I definitely want the new tune (like everyone else) and will wait until that is available before I install. No point in loading the old tune and dealing with potential issues.

BTW, I would assume the "old" and "new" tunes have different file names? Would someone please post both in this thread so the community knows which is which?

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
The new tune had file name: MGMPFRT_PP2_FRT_TS.pc3

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
What happens if for some reason you want to remove hardware and go back to stock tune? All I see in the manual is a restore previous tune which would put you back to the rev hang tune.

So now you would have to go back two tunes, or does the software give you the ability to choose the stock tune file? Not that I plan on ever going back.
Sponsored