Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
What belt issues? :D

I am not advocating one way or the other. However my track car is turbo and my daily is Centri.

There is a reason for that but everyone has an opinion and an anal cavity so it is what it is.
I have had multiple S/Cs and Never had belts destroying themselves. Maybe a little slip here and there but thats it.
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

I am not advocating one way or the other. However my track car is turbo and my daily is Centri.

There is a reason for that but everyone has an opinion and an anal cavity so it is what it is.
If you don't know about belt issues you haven't played with blowers long enough.:headbonk:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
If you don't know about belt issues you haven't played with blowers long enough.:headbonk:
Kenne Bell C5 Corvette veteran here. I have had all the problems imaginable.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
As one of the few happy centri owners. My previous setup with the 2200sl surpassed all my expectations of that blower as being i believe one of the fastest 2200sl's around especially with a stock motor. Im giving this JT-B a try for this upcoming cold weather season and my goal is to run 8.9 on stock motor but ill be happy with 9.0's in reality at my race weight of 3580lbs. But with all that said, my 3 previous mustangs were al turbo cars. Im a turbo guy at heart and my natural move eventually will be turbo im sure but from my experince its been easier to get this centri car to go faster. Car leaves off the the foot brake at 1500rpm and cuts 1.35 60fts with no two step or trans brake.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Comp turbos' no oil lines required.
Shielding not required if low mount just replacing the cats.
IMO why go centri when a turbo works very similar without having any belt issues.:thumbsup:

maybe it's just experience with these cars, but we have 0 issues with belts and i expect to be running in the low 8 second range at 3850 lbs this fall with our vortech

in 8 years between our 11 and our 14 and our 15, i have never lost a belt

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
maybe it's just experience with these cars, but we have 0 issues with belts and i expect to be running in the low 8 second range at 3850 lbs this fall with our vortech

Every situation is different I snapped about 15 belts with a 4.0l & 4.5l Whipple, Procharger F3 snapped many 8mm & 14mm cog belts, pedaling the car can snap belts as well, also manual cars have much bigger problems with belts as the tensioner becomes uncontrollable during shifts. Auto's don't see the constant shock on the belt drive system as they are not on and off the throttle.;)

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
F3 139mm @ 45 psi :eyebulge:

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

All my belt issue horror stories are back before then. The centri kits have come a long ways from the early 2000's.

With that said, I would go low mount turbo.

Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I did. LPF FTW. :thumbsup:
Yeah those lpf's are nice kits, now that boost works has their "stock manifold" kits I would chose theirs over LPF's. I don't like the adapter LPF uses, where the Boost Works kit doesn't use an adapter. Turbo's hang in the car higher.