Sponsored

Steeda CAI Review and Install Notes:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
First two pulls were done back to back, last pull, the car waited 20 minutes for cool down! I drove the car directly from my house to the shop in the morning. It was only a 2 mile drive and maybe it was not enough for fluids to warm up. There is a huge difference between the pulls 1,2 to 3!
image.jpg
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Best run comparison with a member here. As i mentioned earlier, same shop, the dates and conditions are at the bottom of the page, not same day or temps but he had a jlt intake, 93 octane tune, and a catback exhaust! Blue line is my best run and red is his!
image.jpg

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good numbers. No way of really knowing the true gains.. at least according to other stated "scientific" methods. Would have been nice to have a stock baseline to compare to.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Do you know what gears the other memeber had and if it was auto or manual? That matters.
Good numbers. No way of really knowing the true gains.. at least according to other stated "scientific" methods. Would have been nice to have a stock baseline to compare to.
most people dont care or just dont want to spend the money to really find out.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Do you know what gears the other memeber had and if it was auto or manual? That matters.most people dont care or just dont want to spend the money to really find out.
5th gear as well! They said he was on Bama tune but they were not 100% sure! He has a GTPP as well, we bought the cars from the same dealer here!

Last edited:

Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Oh i figured it was over 400 after tune, guess not

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Do you know what gears the other memeber had and if it was auto or manual? That matters.most people dont care or just dont want to spend the money to really find out.

LOL he's referring to me in a backhanded way...but whatever. If I had the time and money I'd be more than happy to do a real data test on a dyno between stock and Steeda. But, in the end, I know it made power for me and I don't have anything to prove to anyone on here since I'm not the one selling products.

I have 3.73 gears and manual. My overall numbers are lower however the Dynocom is a heartbreaker as is.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
First two pulls were done back to back, last pull, the car waited 20 minutes for cool down! I drove the car directly from my house to the shop in the morning. It was only a 2 mile drive and maybe it was not enough for fluids to warm up. There is a huge difference between the pulls 1,2 to 3!
The HP numbers from run 2 to 3 are definitely related to letting the motor cool off. I made three runs back to back and the third showed significant drop as the CHT and intake temps were pretty hot. I'd say you're looking pretty good!

I have a Lund tune on the way so once my headers are coated and ready to install I'll do a before and after dyno run to see what gains I get.

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Inlet temps look good today.

Edit: Sorry about the blury pic but the temp was 12F OAT was 8F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
IAT IN FL

Past weekend IAT in South Fl 141:frusty:
Steeda CAI.jpg

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
So after intake and tune I've noticed my car will rev a bit after a cold-start.. Is this normal or something I should PM Steeda about? Immediately after starting the car and the RPMs drop they will shoot back up to a little under 2k and drop again. Only happens sometimes just want to make sure this isn't anything to be worried about

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
If you want to get rid of it yes you need to contact them. They should be able to adjust the timing on mapped points 0, 1, and 2 which should get rid of that.