Sponsored

Steeda CAI Review and Install Notes:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
why you plan on driving it through a lake? lol
Nope, the car is a DD and sits outside at the work parking lot under couple of inches of snow and ice sometimes. When the ice and snow starts melting it pours down through the vent area.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I went through a touch less wash yesterday .. Filter was wet and there was a puddle at the bottom
poor car... don't do that to it!...but again that's forcing water down it's throat, what you think is going to happen

Nope, the car is a DD and sits outside at the work parking lot under couple of inches of snow and ice sometimes. When the ice and snow starts melting it pours down through the vent area.

it'll be fine.

in order to hydrolock, you gotta inhale a decent amount of water and basically suck it in. unless you hold a hose up to your car, crank it up and gas it yall got nothing to worry about

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but as the thread is nearly 50 pages long, I haven't read through the entire thing. Has anyone gone to the dyno after installing the Steeda intake to see if they could back up the claimed hp gain? Just curious. I've been waiting for a Ford Racing tune/CAI/track key, but it's taking forever. If they don't come out with something soon, it's going to be a Steeda CAI for me.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yes I did....although it wasn't on the same day. Picked up quite a few hp and a bunch of torque. But as I said, it wasn't the same day or conditions but I gained more than can be attributed than just a few degrees in temperature change.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but as the thread is nearly 50 pages long, I haven't read through the entire thing. Has anyone gone to the dyno after installing the Steeda intake to see if they could back up the claimed hp gain? Just curious. I've been waiting for a Ford Racing tune/CAI/track key, but it's taking forever. If they don't come out with something soon, it's going to be a Steeda CAI for me.
Pot stirrer me thinks....:D

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Yes I did....although it wasn't on the same day. Picked up quite a few hp and a bunch of torque. But as I said, it wasn't the same day or conditions but I gained more than can be attributed than just a few degrees in temperature change.
How much? And were you tuned before or after?

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Is steeds tuning for the gt350 throttle body swap

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Pot stirrer me thinks....:D
Oh please, no. I've seen enough of these CAI threads to see how that goes! :) I'm just curious because it has been so popular here lately and there was so much initial discussion about Steeda's claims. As I said, I'm waiting about as patiently as possible for a Ford Racing CAI and tune (I like the idea of the Ford Racing warranty), but the Steeda is definitely what I'll be getting should I run out of patience. :D

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Oh please, no. I've seen enough of these CAI threads to see how that goes! :) I'm just curious because it has been so popular here lately and there was so much initial discussion about Steeda's claims. As I said, I'm waiting about as patiently as possible for a Ford Racing CAI and tune (I like the idea of the Ford Racing warranty), but the Steeda is definitely what I'll be getting should I run out of patience. :D
I gave up on that wait LOL. The Steeda intake did help a lot with throttle response for me. As far as power, you'll never feel 10 or 15 hp in a 435 hp car. I got it because of the ability to remove the insert and tune, just haven't had the balls yet :D

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I will be going in for a dyno tomorrow, unfortunately no numbers before the steeda intake.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If it's true that pulling the negative battery terminal resets the ECU (doubtful) then you may consider that if/when you do testing between the two.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The dyno results are in! I will be uploading shortly! As comparison i have a dyno result of a member here who has jlt intake, tune, and a catback exhaust system! His dyno was done on a different day with cooler temps and little higher humidity! I will put the best run comparisons here as well!

My car is on stock tune with borla touring catback exhaust system, steeda no tune intake, jms pedalmax! According to the owner, their dynojet reads as average of 5 to 10 whp lower than the ones in my area, so i was warned not to be disappointed with the results in the beginning. Its a baseline so i wouldn't care anyways!