Sponsored

Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello Kim and Rebeca.

Will Android Auto and/or Apple Car play make it to MyFordTouch in the 2015 Mustang?

Thanks for being here.
Sponsored

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Can you confirm whether the first batch of RHD Mustangs will recieve sync 2 or 3 seeing they will be my16 vehicles

sliptf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP Manual
Hey Kim and Rebecca!

Can you let us know if the wiring harness and hookups for the 2016 models with Sync 3 will be the same as the head units in the 2015 models?

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Kim,

I didn't even realize that site existed. I created an account and added our cell numbers. We are usibg a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and seem to have the same issue on both phones. I made sure that both have the most current version of Pandora downloaded and installed...
Since the issue is occurring with both phones, I recommend performing a master reset to SYNC. Here are the steps: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync/phone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

This will require you to pair both phones again: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...pair-your-phone-with-ford-sync.html?sync=sync

Once your phone is re-paired, test to see if AppLink is still giving you trouble. Let me know how it goes, Jason_W.

Welcome Kim & Rebecca.
I have a question. Will the SYNC 2 system receive additional updates? Specifically, will there be speed improvements to the USB area of the Entertainment system. Browsing my iPhone 6 for music takes literally a minute from pressing Browse to delivery of the next menu.
Thank you!
Hey nuttinbutagstang,

I am unable to speculate on future updates, but we will certainly continue to provide them as needed. When an update does become available for your VIN, you will be notified on your account at: http://owner.ford.com

Great to have you on the forum!
I have a question. Will there be an update that will allow an AppLink type control for playing Pandora and other smart phone apps with the current Sync system? Or will '15 buyers be SOL?
Thank you for joining us! :ford:
Check out this link to see which vehicles are capable of having AppLink, NVPony: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync/sync-applink/sync-applink-overview.html AppLink is currently not available on MyFord Touch systems.

Hello Kim and Rebeca.

Will Android Auto and/or Apple Car play make it to MyFordTouch in the 2015 Mustang?

Thanks for being here.
Hello Brazenbuck,

It isn’t available currently on the 2015 Mustangs; however, Ford is working to integrate Apple’s CarPlay in the future. As more information becomes available, I’ll be happy to share it with you wonderful people.

Can you confirm whether the first batch of RHD Mustangs will recieve sync 2 or 3 seeing they will be my16 vehicles
Hey nadojay,

Although information about the 2016 models hasn't been released yet, my pals over at the FordService account will be able to answer your ordering/purchasing questions once the details are released. Feel free to send them a PM.

Hey Kim and Rebecca!
Can you let us know if the wiring harness and hookups for the 2016 models with Sync 3 will be the same as the head units in the 2015 models?
I wish I could, sliptf! I’m only trained to provide basic information/troubleshooting for these systems. Wiring diagrams and repair manuals will be available here once the 2016 Mustang is released: http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....5&Category=3&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media= Please keep in mind that I am unable to assist with aftermarket modifications. I recommend reaching out to your dealership with these types of inquiries.

Kim

Sponsored

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Why didn't the 2015 Mustang's SYNC come with Video Input? Would it be possible to have VIDEO INPUT installed? I know the SYNC 3 supports VIDEO INPUT in other vehicles.
Unfortunately, I cannot speculate on why this feature was removed. Those decisions come from the Product Engineers.

"Check out this link to see which vehicles are capable of having AppLink, NVPony: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...-overview.html AppLink is currently not available on MyFord Touch systems."

Thank you, But can you tell us if it will be available in the future?
At this time, we don't plan on expanding AppLink availability to MyFord Touch systems.

Rebecca

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
What and where are Apps that are available to load on the 2015 401A plus Navigation?

I see an option on the system for loading Apps and updating software but don't know where they are available to download to a USB device. There doesn't seem to be any software update which I understand but I can't seem to find any Apps for downloading?

Thanks!

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What and where are Apps that are available to load on the 2015 401A plus Navigation?

I see an option on the system for loading Apps and updating software but don't know where they are available to download to a USB device. There doesn't seem to be any software update which I understand but I can't seem to find any Apps for downloading?

Thanks!
The INSTALL APPS option is for dealer use to re-install Vehicle Health Report, 911 Assist, and navigation (if needed and available), and to manually start an update on MyFord Touch. There are no other apps that can be installed. When there's an update available for your system, it will be found in your Owner's account at www.Owner.Ford.com under SYNC UPDATES.

Rebecca

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Hi Rebecca/Kim,

MFT is working very well for me except for one thing: when playing music from a USB the album art shows up sometimes, but not other times (if not, it usually shows a generic genre image). I've spent a lot of time going through all the tags in my music files, and applying the various fixes reported elsewhere (e.g. max size 500x500 pixels, converting all the tags to ID3 v2.3, turning off Gracenote completely) but I still have the issue. I'm pretty sure the issue is with MFT, since for a given track, sometimes the album art shows up and sometimes it doesn't (for instance, it will show up, but if I turn off the car mid-song it won't show up upon restarting, or vice versa).

Thanks!

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hi Kim and Rebecca, welcome on board!

I was wondering what SYNC version will we get in the 2015 Mustang Euro-spec? Currently we have to live with the fact that dealers barely have any information for us, even though a lot of us already ordered our cars. Thx

Silverfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT prem PP
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3 soon. Kim will be your primary IVT rep, but I'll also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca

I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the MFT screen at night?

In my 2010 navigator there is a display button you can press twice and the screen turns off completely while music still plays.

Thanks for your help

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the MFT screen at night?

In my 2010 navigator there is a display button you can press twice and the screen turns off completely while music still plays.

Thanks for your help
>setting >display > push off = the only way do it.

I have wished it would be the other way around. When the driving lights are on, display is off. If someone needs it touch the screen >setting >display >push on.

pb1302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any word on when the European Maps will be available to buy? I live overseas and my 2015 Mustang came with US/Canada maps. Not real useful here in Europe. Would love to get the European F4 version if available.

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
s550 coyote, 3 peddles, big brakes and rec seats
iIthere any updates or patch information that could be provided for base GT audio systems? Im sure you nice folks have already read that a lot of us have been having trouble with the system just locking itself from use.

I tried checking the links provided on this thread with no luck. Its a bit aggravating buying a $37k car that doesn't have a functioning audio system.

please advise.

Al
Sponsored