Sponsored

Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've been very satisfied with the MFT system in my car with one exception: GPS sync for the clock doesn't account for daylight savings time. This means I have to set the clock manually for 70% of the year and lose out on both clock accuracy and automatic time zone adjustments.

Furthermore, this is the first navigation-equipped car I've owned where this feature doesn't work correctly. Even the SYNC 1 system in my '13 had no trouble making the adjustment.

Any hope for a fix?
Sponsored

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3 soon. Kim will be your primary IVT rep, but I'll also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca
My only disappointment with my GT with Performance Pack was that Sirius was not included with the base stereo (I had it with my trade in vehicle).

But since my sticker said 'SAT CAPBL' and my dealer said Ford would have something available soon I was wanting to ask if you have any idea when this might be coming out?

Thanks

Jason_W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Auto - Magnetic
Hi Jason_W,

First things first. Have you already logged into your account at: http://owner.ford.com/ and checked to see if any software updates are available? If you have, please let me know which phone is being connected to SYNC.

Kim
Everything shows as being up to date...maybe I'm just assuming that the Pandora app shouldn't have to be running on the phone for it to stay linked up to the car. Meaning that if I found the app on my phone and played Pandora yesterday, when I get in the car today, the app shouldn't have to be running in order for it to stay sync'd. I should be able to get in and launch the app in the car without having to start it first on the phone again...am I wrong?

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How can we play video on the 8" screen? I will not accept NO as an answer, so give me a solution!
Hey WesleyEng,

The 2015 Mustang does not have this capability. In order to stream video, the vehicle must be equipped with Audio/Video input jacks. As you will see here, the Mustang has a lot of awesome features, it just doesn't have this specific one: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/?vehicle=mustang&year=2015

Hello FordIVTteam - This may or may not fall into your scope but I was hoping you may know of a solution to have the seat heaters stay ON so the next time you start your vehicle, they will be on and warming the seats. The idea behind this is mainly for remote starting purposes in winter, it sucks to sit on a cold hard leather seat at minus 30.

Somehow the cooled seat stayed on when I turned the car off, left it for about 15 minutes, started it up, and it was still on. Not sure how I did that! The heated seat doesn't seem to do it, not on its own anyway.
Hi RevvdMedia,

This is out of my scope, but you can reach out to my friends over at the FordService account. They may be able to provide more information.

It's a touch.

I guess I should have paid more attention to the follow-ups instead of making assumptions - only the first song is the same each time.

Thanks!
That is a little odd that the first song is the same every time, but there are currently no options within SYNC to change this. For now, the best way to get past that first song is by pressing the arrow on your steering wheel.

I've been very satisfied with the MFT system in my car with one exception: GPS sync for the clock doesn't account for daylight savings time. This means I have to set the clock manually for 70% of the year and lose out on both clock accuracy and automatic time zone adjustments.

Furthermore, this is the first navigation-equipped car I've owned where this feature doesn't work correctly. Even the SYNC 1 system in my '13 had no trouble making the adjustment.

Any hope for a fix?
Hi Alloye,

The MyFord Touch system does not have an option to have the clock automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time. The option to RESET CLOCK TO GPS TIME and AUTO TIME ZONE UPDATE are not designed to update for Daylight Savings Time. The clock can be manually set by pressing the two gears at the bottom of your screen, then press CLOCK, then press + or -. The changes will automatically be saved once you exit the screen.

My only disappointment with my GT with Performance Pack was that Sirius was not included with the base stereo (I had it with my trade in vehicle).
But since my sticker said 'SAT CAPBL' and my dealer said Ford would have something available soon I was wanting to ask if you have any idea when this might be coming out?
Thanks
Hi BC,

I do not have access to Sirius subscription information, but you can certainly reach out to their support center at: 1-800-392-3673.

Everything shows as being up to date...maybe I'm just assuming that the Pandora app shouldn't have to be running on the phone for it to stay linked up to the car. Meaning that if I found the app on my phone and played Pandora yesterday, when I get in the car today, the app shouldn't have to be running in order for it to stay sync'd. I should be able to get in and launch the app in the car without having to start it first on the phone again...am I wrong?
The app doesn’t need to be pulled up on your screen; however, it does need to be running (at least in the background). The system may not be able to find Pandora if it is closed completely.

Kim

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Hi BC,
I do not have access to Sirius subscription information, but you can certainly reach out to their support center at: 1-800-392-3673.
Kim
Hello Kim, it's not anything to do with Sirius subscription. I am wondering if Ford is coming out with an add-on interface for the base system, (to enable SAT) since it said 'SAT CAPBL' on my Window sticker.

When I bought my car my dealer said Ford would have something this year (hardware w/SAT antenna) for purchase to install and enable SAT (Sirius).
I was checking with you to see if you know anything because my dealer still does not see anything available.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello Kim, it's not anything to do with Sirius subscription. I am wondering if Ford is coming out with an add-on interface for the base system, (to enable SAT) since it said 'SAT CAPBL' on my Window sticker.

When I bought my car my dealer said Ford would have something this year (hardware w/SAT antenna) for purchase to install and enable SAT (Sirius).
I was checking with you to see if you know anything because my dealer still does not see anything available.

Thanks
Your dealership is in the best position to provide information about aftermarket options. I suggest continuing to work with them since this question is a little out of my scope. Let me know if any other questions come up about your current SYNC system.

Kim

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The MyFord Touch system does not have an option to have the clock automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time. The option to RESET CLOCK TO GPS TIME and AUTO TIME ZONE UPDATE are not designed to update for Daylight Savings Time.
That's quite an oversight, especially when you consider that older SYNC navi systems did support automatic DST adjustments.

Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Prem PP w/50 AP.
Something simpler, I hope. My '15 Mustang came w/o a subwoofer. What are my upgrade options from Ford?

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
Hello there FORDIVTteam, I have a base GT and would like to know what sizes are the stock front and rear speakers.

Thanks

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hello there FORDIVTteam, I have a base GT and would like to know what sizes are the stock front and rear speakers.

Thanks
I'm not IVT, but I did an install myself - you should have 6.5" component woofers in the doors, 1" tweeters in the A-Pillars and 6.5" woofers in the back. It is the same as mine, except my Shaker system has 3.5" speakers in the doors and one in the dash.

Sponsored

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
s550 coyote, 3 peddles, big brakes and rec seats
I was mentioning the base model gt with the standard sync system. Its regarding the issue with the whole system not functioning and basically staying in the off mode.

Please advise if there is any patch info or if your team is actually trying to rectify the issue.

Thank you,

Al

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
s550 coyote, 3 peddles, big brakes and rec seats
Also if u look under my profile pic, it does say coyote, which is what every one calls the new dohc 5.0 since 2011. Basically saying its a gt. Which by default would have standard sync.

Cheers.

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
my 2013 fusion and my S550 both having problems with sync when I plug my phone into the usb....screen says "No SD card" and then phone don't charge and no navi??? and it only plays a song for 30sec and then cuts off

also if there is a passenger in the car why cant you bypass the security cut off to load info into the navi? its a pain in the ass when a passenger cant put the address in while your driving. you can use the sensor from the passenger airbag system

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Your dealership is in the best position to provide information about aftermarket options. I suggest continuing to work with them since this question is a little out of my scope. Let me know if any other questions come up about your current SYNC system.

Kim
Actually my dealer said Ford would be coming out with addon hardware to enable SIRIUS radio in my Base system. Since you are a Ford representative for the In-Vehicle Technology Team I figured you would know more than the dealer!

Other than that I do have a question. Is there going to be any updates to SYNC that fix the problem with SYNC losing track of installed apps...like just about every day?
Specifically I have installed the Pandora App and when SYNC sees it the app works fine. But almost every day I get in the car and try to start Pandora via voice it does not recognize the command. I go to APPS and find it is no longer there and have to search for APPS again to get it recognized.
I doubt the problem is with Pandora. Is anyone else reporting issues like this and if so is there a fix coming? I've just about given up on using apps because its too much trouble.

Thanks

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
2016 MY Fiesta and Escape will be the first vehicles to feature sync 3. We will expect to see every vehicle after these to feature sync 3. As a dealer I expect to see these vehicles in July August of 2015.
Sponsored