waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3 soon. Kim will be your primary IVT rep, but I'll also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca
Do you have any plan to add any other language option for SYNC?
I am totally fine with just use it tho it does not bring up contact name because it does not have fonts in it such as Asian character. Specially Korean for me.
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
FordIVTteam: I've noticed that every time I start the "play all/shuffle" option on my USB drive, it picks the same song, indicating it's not really randomizing, but following some sort of rudimentary formula. This is kind of annoying, especially because it means most of my music will never be heard unless I never stop the order.

Can this be improved?

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Rebecca/Kim,

MFT is working very well for me except for one thing: when playing music from a USB the album art shows up sometimes, but not other times (if not, it usually shows a generic genre image). I've spent a lot of time going through all the tags in my music files, and applying the various fixes reported elsewhere (e.g. max size 500x500 pixels, converting all the tags to ID3 v2.3, turning off Gracenote completely) but I still have the issue. I'm pretty sure the issue is with MFT, since for a given track, sometimes the album art shows up and sometimes it doesn't (for instance, it will show up, but if I turn off the car mid-song it won't show up upon restarting, or vice versa).

Thanks!
Hello Boff,

I’m glad it’s running smoothly for the most part. Have you already logged in at: owner.ford.com to verify that you’re running the latest software available for your Mustang? If not, that’s the first thing I recommend doing.

Hi Kim and Rebecca, welcome on board!
I was wondering what SYNC version will we get in the 2015 Mustang Euro-spec? Currently we have to live with the fact that dealers barely have any information for us, even though a lot of us already ordered our cars. Thx
Any word on when the European Maps will be available to buy? I live overseas and my 2015 Mustang came with US/Canada maps. Not real useful here in Europe. Would love to get the European F4 version if available.
Hi Notes and pb1302,

Since I am only trained to assist customers located in North America, I suggest reaching out to the Customer Relationship Center in your area for the most accurate information. Follow this link for their contact details: https://corporate.ford.com/global-links.html

I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the MFT screen at night?
In my 2010 navigator there is a display button you can press twice and the screen turns off completely while music still plays.
Thanks for your help
Hey Silverfox,

Papaya beat me to it! ;) You can also check out page 338 of your Owner’s Manual. You’ll find a few different options for adjusting the brightness at night: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-3_om_EN-US_03_2015.pdf

iIthere any updates or patch information that could be provided for base GT audio systems? Im sure you nice folks have already read that a lot of us have been having trouble with the system just locking itself from use.
I tried checking the links provided on this thread with no luck. Its a bit aggravating buying a $37k car that doesn't have a functioning audio system.
please advise.
Al
Are you referring to the basic SYNC system or base radio with no SYNC (just to be clear), El_Coyote.

Do you have any plan to add any other language option for SYNC?
I am totally fine with just use it tho it does not bring up contact name because it does not have fonts in it such as Asian character. Specially Korean for me.
Hi waited,

Currently, the only languages available on North American SYNC systems are English, Spanish, and French. I am unable to speculate on what the future may hold for SYNC when it comes to updates. Do you have English characters available in your phone? If so, you can try typing the name phonetically in your phonebook in English before downloading the phonebook to SYNC. This way, when you give the voice command CALL <NAME>, it should still work.

If you would like to try this and have trouble coming up with a phonetic spelling for a specific name, let me know what it is and I’ll do my best to provide a recommendation.

FordIVTteam: I've noticed that every time I start the "play all/shuffle" option on my USB drive, it picks the same song, indicating it's not really randomizing, but following some sort of rudimentary formula. This is kind of annoying, especially because it means most of my music will never be heard unless I never stop the order.
Can this be improved?
Have you already verified that your software is up to date, RubyRed15? I want to make sure we don’t skip over any of the basics. Log in at: owner.ford.com to check. Let me know what you find!

Kim

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Have you already verified that your software is up to date, RubyRed15? I want to make sure we don’t skip over any of the basics. Log in at: owner.ford.com to check. Let me know what you find!

Kim
Yes, Kim, the site says it's up to date.

Sponsored

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Kim, I noticed you are asking folks to check if they have the most current update but I had my Mustang delivered on Oct 18th and there has not been an update since then. As far as I know I was among the earliest to get theirs. is there a new update since then? The Ford Sync website says there has not been and if not what is the purpose of asking folks to check their updates?

Thank you

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Kim, I noticed you are asking folks to check if they have the most current update but I had my Mustang delivered on Oct 18th and there has not been an update since then. As far as I know I was among the earliest to get theirs. is there a new update since then? The Ford Sync website says there has not been and if not what is the purpose of asking folks to check their updates?

Thank you
Exactly. My update history says I'm up to date (EA5T-14D544-AB on Gen2 - V3.7.11). This update says nothing about album art.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Where on the owner.ford site can you find this info? I'm on there now and can't seem to see it.
I usually access it through syncmyride.com. But on the owner site there is a register link under the "Service & Maintenance" tab. Either way you'll have to register with your VIN.

OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When the USB is connected, press the VOICE COMMAND button and say SHUFFLE ALL. Is the second and third song always the same as well? Is it repeating the same song over and over again? Also, do you have basic SYNC or MyFord Touch?

Where on the owner.ford site can you find this info? I'm on there now and can't seem to see it.
Just visit: owner.ford.com and create an account (if you haven’t already done so). Once you’re logged in, click the SYNC & HOW TOS tab. On the right, you’ll see a link that says CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES. Click it to see what is available for your VIN.

Thank you
Good question, NVPony!

If you have a 2015 Mustang with MyFord Touch, there most likely won’t be a software update available for your VIN. That being said, I still always like to check just to make sure. Also, there have been updates released more recently for some non-touchscreen version of SYNC.

Exactly. My update history says I'm up to date (EA5T-14D544-AB on Gen2 - V3.7.11). This update says nothing about album art.
Great! It appears that you’re running the latest software. On the MyFord Touch system, press the gears icon located at the bottom of the screen, and then press SETTINGS, followed by MEDIA PLAYER. You’ll see two options to set up your cover art priority. Select the option which sets your device as the priority.

If the album art doesn’t consistently appear with those settings, you may need to re-associate the album artwork with the music files. Although I am not trained to help with this process specifically, this article may help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-change-media-player-album-art#1TC=windows-7

The master reset is also a great troubleshooting tool to make sure everything is running smoothly. Keep in mind that this will set everything back to the factory default settings and any devices that are currently paired will need to be paired again. Here are the steps for the master reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...hone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html and here are the instructions to pair the phone: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ync-with-myford-touch.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Kim

Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hello FordIVTteam - This may or may not fall into your scope but I was hoping you may know of a solution to have the seat heaters stay ON so the next time you start your vehicle, they will be on and warming the seats. The idea behind this is mainly for remote starting purposes in winter, it sucks to sit on a cold hard leather seat at minus 30.

Somehow the cooled seat stayed on when I turned the car off, left it for about 15 minutes, started it up, and it was still on. Not sure how I did that! The heated seat doesn't seem to do it, not on its own anyway.

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Hello FordIVTteam - This may or may not fall into your scope but I was hoping you may know of a solution to have the seat heaters stay ON so the next time you start your vehicle, they will be on and warming the seats. The idea behind this is mainly for remote starting purposes in winter, it sucks to sit on a cold hard leather seat at minus 30.

Somehow the cooled seat stayed on when I turned the car off, left it for about 15 minutes, started it up, and it was still on. Not sure how I did that! The heated seat doesn't seem to do it, not on its own anyway.
My heated seats always turned on when I remote started my car this winter. I always have my climate control set to auto which may have something to do with it. For some reason I kind of remember finding a setting in the car regarding the seats for auto start but I could be completely wrong since that was closed to 3 months ago now. That being said, as soon as I get in the car and activate it (pushing the brake and start button) the seats turn off and I have to manually put them on again if I decide to.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
My heated seats always turned on when I remote started my car this winter. I always have my climate control set to auto which may have something to do with it. For some reason I kind of remember finding a setting in the car regarding the seats for auto start but I could be completely wrong since that was closed to 3 months ago now. That being said, as soon as I get in the car and activate it (pushing the brake and start button) the seats turn off and I have to manually put them on again if I decide to.

Mine do same. If it's cold enough, turns heaters on and if hot enough, turns cooling on. There's is a range in middle where it does neither

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
When the USB is connected, press the VOICE COMMAND button and say SHUFFLE ALL. Is the second and third song always the same as well? Is it repeating the same song over and over again? Also, do you have basic SYNC or MyFord Touch?
It's a touch.

I guess I should have paid more attention to the follow-ups instead of making assumptions - only the first song is the same each time.

Thanks!
Sponsored