JLT Intake 2015 Ecoboost results, dyno testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR IC JLT CAI ATP DP Meth INJ Cobb Tune FR ABs
So it sounds like this intake still has a wicked hissing noise, even with the hood closed. I've read speculation it might not be the case. Mine will be delivered in a week. Can't wait.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
So it sounds like this intake still has a wicked hissing noise, even with the hood closed. I've read speculation it might not be the case. Mine will be delivered in a week. Can't wait.
This intake has a very discernable sucking noise from the turbo. It's not as loud as the MAP, but that can be expected due to being isolated in the airbox.

If the hissing noise you're referring to is the one from the BPV, then it's very much there too. Ford utilizes the BPV to help control boost pressure (along with a variety of other methods), so sometimes under light throttle, the BPV will open and make a hissing noise. Keep in mind though, you only hear that if you're VTA. And if you upgrade charge pipes and get an aftermarket BOV, that won't happen. Aftermarket BOVs are driven from a vacuum/boost source whereas the stock unit is completely electronic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Frogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR IC JLT CAI ATP DP Meth INJ Cobb Tune FR ABs
One vid said VTA throws two codes. What do you know about that? Also are there other disadvantages to VTA?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
It throws no codes. It seems like that video you're referring to is the one from LMR. If you unplug the factory BPV, then you'll get a code because it can't operate at all where it's purely electronic.

There are no disadvantages from venting. It's a speed density (MAP sensor based) car, so it won't make it run rich or anything like it would on a MAF sensor based car.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I see these are in stock at American Muscle
I'm leaning toward the MAP but the JLT is also a great product IMO
My 2014 GT has JLT intake, and catch cans....
Great quality and fitment

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I see these are in stock at American Muscle
I'm leaning toward the MAP but the JLT is also a great product IMO
My 2014 GT has JLT intake, and catch cans....
Great quality and fitment
CJ Pony Parts has the JLT for $329 and free shipping. Plus, if you're in the 2015 S550 Mustang Zone group on Facebook, you can get a discount code for an extra 5% off. If anyone is interested in the discount code, PM me.

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was going to come in here and answer some questions, but looks like they have all been taken care of!

We will have painted tubes as an option at the end of this month. We do have these kits back in stock, and many of our dealers have a shipment in now too. Been trying to play catch up on the 2015's as they have been extremely popular!

Thanks for the support folks.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
CJ Pony Parts has the JLT for $329 and free shipping. Plus, if you're in the 2015 S550 Mustang Zone group on Facebook, you can get a discount code for an extra 5% off. If anyone is interested in the discount code, PM me.
AM has it at the same price, with free US shipping and a 6% discount to forum members.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
AM has it at the same price, with free US shipping and a 6% discount to forum members.
I thought that it was more at one point, but I learned something new lol. Either way, it'll net you this intake for slightly above $300 which is a great deal.

1AGOFST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium -Ingot Silver
I was going to come in here and answer some questions, but looks like they have all been taken care of!

We will have painted tubes as an option at the end of this month. We do have these kits back in stock, and many of our dealers have a shipment in now too. Been trying to play catch up on the 2015's as they have been extremely popular!

Thanks for the support folks.
Can't wait for mine to come off B/O with CJ Pony Parts. They said it was unfortunately delayed another 2 weeks shen I spoke with them yesterday :thumbdown:

Sponsored

tanna786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just bought my 1st Mustang so I'm a rookie when it comes to performance and modifications.

I'm confused with which CAI to go with, I've narrowed it down to Airaid or JLT?:doh:

Any information would be appreciated.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just bought my 1st Mustang so I'm a rookie when it comes to performance and modifications.

I'm confused with which CAI to go with, I've narrowed it down to Airaid or JLT?:doh:

I had it diwn to the same two. Next week i'm pulling the trigger on the JLT and Bama. The results that i've seen and support from local tuners pushed me the JLT way

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM

cant go wrong with either intake
AirRaid has 2 different versions of the intake
1 with air box, 1 with a shroud similar to JLT

I had it diwn to the same two. Next week i'm pulling the trigger on the JLT and Bama. The results that i've seen and support from local tuners pushed me the JLT way
sounds like a great combo

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
cant go wrong with either intake
AirRaid has 2 different versions of the intake
1 with air box, 1 with a shroud similar to JLT
The open Airaid that you're thinking of isn't for daily use. It's a track only model... unless they have another.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
The open Airaid that you're thinking of isn't for daily use. It's a track only model... unless they have another.
You can get a filter cover and run it for daily use.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.