Sponsored

2016 Mustang changes?

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
For me, I'd rather do the update via a USB port. I also work in Technology and never had much faith in an uninterrupted data stream. Just my opinion,,,.
Sponsored

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
For working in technology you sure are dumb about it - all updates are downloaded THEN installed.

So what if you lose connectivity? It'll resume downloading when a connection is available.

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
Call me old fashioned (which I am). I just prefer using the USB if I have that option. And thanks for calling me dumb! I'd never be condescending even if I were more knowledgeable or didn't agree with another's opinion.

Streetcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coupes, cobras etc. had them all
Any evidence on the grabber blue and ghig colors? I would wait as the grabber blue is my 5 year old son's favorite color and always asks me to get one when he sees them. Also when do the 16's info get released and when do the dealers or order banks open on the 16?

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
They've really got no choice but to introduce the 8 speed sooner rather than later so it aint going to be 4 years and a model refresh as some people think. CAFE standards under the new revised policy go up by 1 mpg every year starting this year. That means dramatic changes coming. The V8 is gone by the end of this generation, the 8 speed will be rolled out as soon as ready, maybe not in 16 but we'll see, and there will be more and more aluminum. This isnt theoretics anymore, the new dramatic CAfe standards were approved and agreed to by the manufacturers and it's in effect.

Sponsored

Kjw86ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS
I think it's interesting how many people think history wont repeat itself. Ford tends to add quite a bit to be honest each year the Mustang is on sale, even when redesigns happen. It seems we forget really quickly! What makes you think they wont do the same this year?

A little history lesson:

1994: Complete redesign, car debuts with 5.0L V8
1995 and 1996: Introduction of low option / high performance GT "S" model, new engines, Ford debuts 4.6L V8 mid-year 1995 as 1996 offering

2005: Complete redesign
2006: GT performance parts now available on V6 models (The “Pony Package” featured GT-inspired suspension, larger wheels and tires, and a custom grille with fog lamps and Pony emblems.) Also introduced in 2006 was the special-edition Ford Shelby GT-H.
2007: Introduction of GT500 and GT/CS Model
2008: Introduction of Shelby GT and GT500KR
2009: Minor Changes, introduction of glass roof

2010: Complete redesign, debut with 4.6L V8 (power bump and all!) and carryover V6
2011: Introduction of 5.0L and 3.7L, debut of BOSS 302 as 2012 model
2012: The 2012 model was relatively unchanged. For the most part, the car is exactly the same as its 2011 counterpart. In addition to a new exterior color option, Lava Red Metallic, and the deletion of Sterling Gray Metallic

2013: Refresh. Ford introduced a new Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang powered by an aluminum 5.8-liter supercharged V8 producing 662 horsepower and 631 lb.-ft. of torque. Meanwhile, the GT Mustang saw its power increased to 420 horsepower. An optional six-speed SelectShift Automatic transmission was made available, and drivers were able to access Ford’s Track Apps system via a 4.2-inch LCD Screen built into the dash.
2014: The 2014 model year Mustang, the last of the generation, featured a few exterior color changes, and a few package updates. There were no interior updates to the car, and there are no functional equipment changes.
In addition, the special-edition Boss 302 Mustang did not return

2015: Complete redesign
2016: ...?

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
My 2016 prediction --> Sync3, new exterior color options, Performance Package fitted with auto transmission, new rear spoiler, and different rims - color & appearance.

With the GT350 coming, doubt much emphasis of HP gains on the 5.0

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Sync 3 and maybe minor color changes.

There won't be any hardware changes or horsepower changes save maybe wheel options and package options.

Edit: I don't know for sure (don't mean it to sound so sure). Major changes such as horsepower bump after first year are rare outside of some exceptions usually explainable by something's development not being complete (aka 2010 restyle and 5.0). That's not the case here. I don't expect any significant bump in power for 3-5 years.
This. It'll be some paint and wheel changes, with maybe some package changes. The S197 was essentially unchanged for 5 years. The S550 may not make 5 years, but I think it'll be a while before any major changes are rolled out.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They've really got no choice but to introduce the 8 speed sooner rather than later so it aint going to be 4 years and a model refresh as some people think. CAFE standards under the new revised policy go up by 1 mpg every year starting this year. That means dramatic changes coming. The V8 is gone by the end of this generation, the 8 speed will be rolled out as soon as ready, maybe not in 16 but we'll see, and there will be more and more aluminum. This isnt theoretics anymore, the new dramatic CAfe standards were approved and agreed to by the manufacturers and it's in effect.

Ford is developing a 10-speed auto for RWD applications :)

http://www.gizmag.com/ford-gm-9-10-speed-transmissions/27103/

Sponsored

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I just want to know when the 2016 will come out. I was going to order in spring, but I am a huge tech nerd and an iOS software developer. I am highly considering waiting because of the possibility of CarPlay, but the September/October time frame is the exact reason I didnt order a 2015 in the fall. I don't want to drive my new car from the dealer to the tire store for snow tires.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
2011: Introduction of 5.0L and 3.7L, debut of BOSS 302 as 2012 model
2012: The 2012 model was relatively unchanged. For the most part, the car is exactly the same as its 2011 counterpart. In addition to a new exterior color option, Lava Red Metallic, and the deletion of Sterling Gray Metallic
Incorrect! The NUMBER ONE complaint I got about my 2011 from passengers was the lack of an illuminated visor mirror. This was added for 2012. My sister actually tried to pursuade me to take the depreciation hit and trade in for a 2012 JUST for this feature.

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Re-tuned 2.7L from the Edge Sport. Longshot, but it could happen... 350-375hp would definitely bridge the gap between the EB and the V8, and the 3.7 can finally be put out to pasture. I think there would be much rejoicing from the "I'd love to have a 4 cylinder, but I'm buying a V8 because it sounds better" group, as well.

:edit:
Option to turn off the EB's sound symposer. I really hope this becomes an option in the future, not just because I prefer a natural sound (SubaruWRXFan's recent video proved that today) but because if I upgrade the sound system I really don't want it screwing with the subs.

Kjw86ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS
Incorrect! The NUMBER ONE complaint I got about my 2011 from passengers was the lack of an illuminated visor mirror. This was added for 2012. My sister actually tried to pursuade me to take the depreciation hit and trade in for a 2012 JUST for this feature.
'

I didn't include every minute detail of changes. Just a view at major I think we'd be interested in for 2016 changeover.

I agree on the lighted visor mirrors. My 2011 does not have them and I think it's crazy. Even my 2006 Focus had lighted visor mirrors, my 1998 SHO, etc. Not sure why the earlier models didn't have them. If they can put them on a $18k focus I'm sure they could have put them on the 'Stang back in the day.
Sponsored