2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I think my problem is I was expecting a lot more.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think my problem is I was expecting a lot more.
I've watched at least 6 and none of them had actionable insight that wasn't already well known 40 years ago. And if assertions were made the data was not published. 2 sure fired ways to nullify ones rep.

OP
OP

David Vizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Vizard
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Mustang
OK guys I think the intended quest for advice has gone off track here. Looking back it would seem that I am as much if not more to blame here than anyone. Since certain factors indicate that I cannot possible win this debate(it has actually become more of an argument) I feel that I need to reset the clock so to speak to get some meaningful advice here.
So here goes.

My first mistake was the lack of emphasis as to why I asked for the advice/comments in the first place so let me be a little more succinct here.

I am shortly going to bring out a multi-part video on A) how to do a simple, lower cost polyquad Ecoboost head followed (later in the year) by a full on Polyquad head. What I intended was to produce it along the same lines as the AFR LS 3 head video's. My intent was to see if that format or some version based on that format would work for the majority of potential viewers. I feel if I had made that clear I may have had the sort of feedback I was looking for to achieve that goal. The responsibility for being concise here rests squarely on my shoulders. Well I was not and with that in mind, if I may, let me restart the thread here.

First Mr. shogun32 I asked if we could discuss your original response over the phone and asked if and how we can PM each other. I had no idea you had responded because I had no idea how the PM system worked on this forum. If that PM contained the offer of phone conversations I would very much like to take up such an offer as I feel you have strong potential to help the channel. I base this on the facts that a) your responses are well grounded base on the info you have to hand and b) I am sure it would be far better to have you on our side rather than 'the other'.

So, please can we talk???

Mr. K4fxd,
The fact that you not only have your own thoughts on this as well as largely agree with Mr. Shogun32 strongly suggests you are in at least, the same camp site. As such I would also greatly appreciate talking with you as it would help me understand your points of view.

While I have your attention here I would like to respond to your, as follows, comment.

Your comment:- I've watched at least 6 and none of them had actionable insight that wasn't already well known 40 years ago.
Please take into account that I started flow bench testing 66 years ago this May, and as such the info developed in the last 40 years may have been predated by mine.

Your comment:- And if assertions were made the data was not published.
OK attribute this to brain fade but this sentence totally baffles me. Like to expand on it??

Your comment:- 2 sure fired ways to nullify ones rep.
If this happens in any shape or form then I agree. The trick here is to follow the middle path and I believe what you are putting over here is that, in your opinion, I am not doing it as well as you would like.

Can we talk about that please??

Lastly my response to the comment by Mr. Grabber:-
My guess is that OP is rubbing people the wrong way by using a forum intended for discussion as a way to plug his YouTube channel. Personally I’ve seen people get banned for that on other forums. I don’t think that’s necessary as long as David discusses these topics here instead of saying “go watch my YouTube video.

Notice that in my video's I plug the Mustang6G forum. The overall subscribers of the MotorTecs Features publishing group is right on 100,000. PowerTec 10 is probably the greatest Mustang6g promotion entity. If you feel that there are inadequate plugs to at least justify us telling Mustang6G owners of free info that could well help them go faster or save money to a far greater extent than a typed out forum post then let me know please or at least suggest an alternative way to access such info.
Here is an irony. If someone other than me posted that this video might be helpful no one would be likely to object. Just a thought.

OK guys let's hope this is the start of something a little more productive toward improving PowerTec 10.

DV
Oh BTW Mr. K4fxd did you watch episode 85? If not your opinion on the value of the info contained would be very helpful.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I tried to watch it, sorry cannot get through the rambling.

My true constructive advice is to make the first 3 to 5 minuets of the video aimed toward people who know what you are talking about. Just give facts as you have found them. Then make the rest of the video for people who want to hear back story credentials ect...

Or reverse this, but make a note or a break point so we can advance through the ramblings to get to the meat of the issue.

Lots of people who would like to learn something already know what lobe centers, separation angles, installed angle and other cam specs mean and don't want to listen to 30 minuets of these terms being explained along with several side tracks that lead nowhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP

David Vizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Vizard
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Mustang
I tried to watch it, sorry cannot get through the rambling.

My true constructive advice is to make the first 3 to 5 minuets of the video aimed toward people who know what you are talking about. Just give facts as you have found them. Then make the rest of the video for people who want to hear back story credentials ect...

Or reverse this, but make a note or a break point so we can advance through the ramblings to get to the meat of the issue.

Lots of people who would like to learn something already know what lobe centers, separation angles, installed angle and other cam specs mean and don't want to listen to 30 minuets of these terms being explained along with several side tracks that lead nowhere.

Mr, K4fxd,

Totally agree with your comment regarding the fact that those who are not novices do not want to sit through basics to get to the meat of the matter. Here you are saying it would be better to tell where the serious stuff begins. Am I right?

BTW is it OK if I critique your comments here as I think what you have to say deserves much more space?

DV

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

David Vizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Vizard
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Mustang
Critique away........
Thanks,
here we go.
Critique away........
Mr. K4fxd, I will as you put it, now Critique away.

First let me say I mean no disrespect here but what I have to say will cast doubt on your ability to service others as to the worth of what may be presented to Motortec Features channels.

1) I tried to watch it, sorry cannot get through the rambling.

The above comment suggests you did not watch the video in its entirety. if that is the case it is hardly a basis for an accurate assessment of the content.

If this is the case how can you do a proper review of it. That would be like me giving a 10% complete review of say, a set of heads. That does not help anyone especially the author of the material who, in this case, is hell bent on revealing the truth about a widely held misconception about cams.

2)

Let's deal with the last sentence here.

I absolutely totally agree with this. That is exactly what I did! (check out 3 .00 to 3.30 seconds in) Criticizing a video for the lack of something that is plainly there has to put your reviewing skills into serious question here to the point they are best ignored.

3) Lots of people who would like to learn something already know what lobe centers, separation angles, installed angle and other cam specs mean and don't want to listen to 30 minuets of these terms being explained along with several side tracks that lead nowhere.

The 30 minute time you refer to is actually 10 mins. At this point I go into the subject seriously AS I HAVE TOLD VIEWERS AT THE 3.00 MIN POINT.. This is exactly following the pattern of progress through the video that YOU SUGGEST!

So all the crits you have are, in your eyes, nearly all negative and are dealing with mostly with what you see as negative issues in the presentation.

Well over $100,000 went into the dyno testing to produce the groundbreaking, never before seen, tech on cam specing. Something that originated right here and should, if the advice is taken, allow the production of more torque & hp from a given cam duration. Also it will help reduce the 95% of inappropriate cams sold therfore aiding the end user.
Just a point here - nobody wants a camshaft - they just think they do. No - what they really want is TORQUE & HP.

There is no point in buying a cam with a half-assed spec as it costs exactly the same as one correctly specced.

No mention of this groundbreaking tech available from no other source (certainly not Mustang6G forum) was even mentioned.

A side question here. Do any of you want to be notified when my PolyQuad head mods for a 2.3 Ecoboost come out or would you prefer I let you eventually find this - the best 4 valve mods you can do - by chance?

Mr. K4fxd,

Sorry to be so blunt about this but, like doing product reviews, I tell it the way the evidence shows it to be. Like I said no disrespect intended here but after a lifetime of losing money to reviewers who lack the skill and patience to do the job properly is wearing thin.

I would like you to redo that review of episode 85 and come back with a professional quality review.
Two points here:-
Can I expect such and can we not let a rift form between us.

Please let me have an unbiased answer that is not based on unfounded preconceived notions.

Thank you for you patience

David Vizard

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for following through.

I see your points.

I will try to watch the entire video. My mind does not sit well with video instruction in any form. I much prefer to read. Reading allows me to move at my normal pace. Is there a chance you have a transcript of video number 85?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
Please post any and all 2.3L videos/content on this forum and the mustang ecoboost.net forum if you would be willing to do so David. I for one enjoy your in-depth information very much. I am a retired ASE master certified tech with an ecoboost and enjoy modding it. I have always hot rodded my cars and bikes in search of that little bit extra performance.

BD

Sponsored
OP
OP

David Vizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Vizard
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Mustang
Thank you for following through.

I see your points.

I will try to watch the entire video. My mind does not sit well with video instruction in any form. I much prefer to read. Reading allows me to move at my normal pace. Is there a chance you have a transcript of video number 85?
K4fxd,
Thank you for such a civilized reply. I strongly suspect that you have a lot more dignity than some of those folks finding nothing but wrong here.

And by the way there is nothing wrong with reading. In fact the opposite is so here.

Got any titles you could recommend as I almost always read for at least an hour before hopeful, dropping of to sleep.
Cheers
DV

OP
OP

David Vizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Vizard
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Mustang
Please post any and all 2.3L videos/content on this forum and the mustang ecoboost.net forum if you would be willing to do so David. I for one enjoy your in-depth information very much. I am a retired ASE master certified tech with an ecoboost and enjoy modding it. I have always hot rodded my cars and bikes in search of that little bit extra performance.

BD
Thanks for the support here amidst a lot of not so friendly posts.

If you would care to do a little research as too just how many I might be posting for then, if it's worthwhile, I will consider doing a one month advanced notice exclusively for Mustang6G subscribers.
Cheers
DV

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I am not sure as to how many with ecoboost are here on the 6G forum that you would be posting for since this forum covers all 6th gen mustangs, ecoboosts, GTs, Gt350, Gt500, mach 1, Bullitts, ETC .

I can assure you that on the mustangecoboost.net forum you would be posting for only ecoboost owners that would be very accepting of your videos and wisdom. It's dedicated to just ecoboosts.

WWW.mustangecoboost.net

BD

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Couple more tactless nasties for the ignore file. K4, shogun.
I would critique the vid but it's easier if you add me to your ignore file as well.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
TLDR- This thread sucks.
Sponsored