Chemical guys torqx swirl remover kit left haze on paint

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
True enough , but I need to see it done instead of read about it. Although DFB5.0 has upgraded my game quite a bit
I second DIY detail. The Rag company puts out good videos too. Pan the advertiser ahem I mean organizer is not my favorite LOL.... Forensic detailing channel is another I like. He does really deep dives into chemicals.

OP
OP
michael5.0

michael5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Key to polishing is always go with the least agressive option first and check results. Looks like that was an agressive compounding step and has left haze that will need a fine finishing polish to clear up.

I agree with the above poster, I generally stay away from Chemical guys, they can be confusing, I do know their VSS is a diminishing abrasive, but if used with a heavy pad, it can cut quite agressively and leave haze. I personally like Rupes products. No problem with the Torq x polisher, I still have one, but Rupes pads and polishes are light years ahead... And their polishers are the industry standard.
You think these ones would be good for this?

IMG_7786.png

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Just get a pack of all the different pads-fine/finishing to cutting pads. Just the foam ones, shouldn't need the wool ones. You'll need them at some point or another.

Lake County and Griots BOSS pads are my go to's.

Like someone mentioned you use the least aggressive product/pad you have to do the job-so you'll start with the finishing pad and move up from there if you need to.

OP
OP
michael5.0

michael5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Just get a pack of all the different pads-fine/finishing to cutting pads. Just the foam ones, shouldn't need the wool ones. You'll need them at some point or another.

Lake County and Griots BOSS pads are my go to's.
Ok thanks!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Apex Detail is another good YouTube channel. Brian is really good at explaining different pad and polish/compound combinations. His shop is in the Philly area.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Ok yeah I was thinking it would look worse than that when someone else told me I might’ve burned through it. Thanks for the advice!
There is a video of a guy trying to burn through the paint with different machines and it seems to be pretty hard to do. It was on the u tube.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
You think these ones would be good for this?

IMG_7786.png
Those are great. And the Uno pure polish to match. I second Mags as well, Brian at Apex detail is awesome to watch for tutorial as well.

Sponsored

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
What did you use for a pad for the polishing. VSS should polish out better than what you're showing. Although you should go over it with a finishing polish for the final buff to get that extra shine.

OP
OP
michael5.0

michael5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
What did you use for a pad for the polishing. VSS should polish out better than what you're showing. Although you should go over it with a finishing polish for the final buff to get that extra shine.
I used the orange foam pad that comes with the kit. I didn’t think to use another polish because they advertised vss to finish as a polish

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
If you want a simple solution without much thinking.

Buy: 3D one
Buy: Lake Country orange pad. (Rupes, menzerna, koch, pads are all great options as well)

Enjoy.

(P.s. I would also just polish the whole hood at this point instead of just one area on it)

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I do vintage restorations and custom painting and I like Meguiars 105 followed by 205 and then carnuba wax. You can use a generic orange waffle pad for both going from medium pressure to light pressure. I've found guys tend to use too much pressure and that causes the haze.
PXL_20240405_212859165.jpg
Sponsored