Sponsored

I am on the verge of selling my Mustang guys...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a Mustang forum that is dedicated to fellow Mustang enthusiasts who exchange their thoughts, ideas and experiences which are centered around driving passion, purchasing, selling and modifying all things Mustang models from the last 59 model years?

If you all want to discuss the virtues or lack therefore for the BMW or Porsche brands, please take it to the appropriate venues as all this commentary about German brand vehicles is an embarrassment and has no place on our Mustang 6G forum IMO.
Dude, little harsh man.
I think the thread has been great.
Itā€™s a fair comparison for car enthusiasts.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Dude, little harsh man.
I think the thread has been great.
Itā€™s a fair comparison for car enthusiasts.
^ what he said. Guess what, I'd bet a shiny nickel that everyone on this forum has owned something other than a Mustang.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Is this a Mustang forum that is dedicated to fellow Mustang enthusiasts who exchange their thoughts, ideas and experiences which are centered around driving passion, purchasing, selling and modifying all things Mustang models from the last 59 model years?

If you all want to discuss the virtues or lack therefore for the BMW or Porsche brands, please take it to the appropriate venues as all this commentary about German brand vehicles is an embarrassment and has no place on our Mustang 6G forum IMO.
I simply try to dispel misinformation. I like to think it helps people make informed decisions. I don't get my undies in a bunch like you do, as I have no real brand loyalties.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I simply try to dispel misinformation. I like to think it helps people make informed decisions. I don't get my undies in a bunch like you do, as I have no real brand loyalties.
For someone who supposedly has no brand loyalties, you certainly seem to go out of your way to support the BMW brand.

Do you also dispel misinformation about the BMW brand on other forums such as the Camaro, Mopar or Corvette forums as I am sure that the BMW brand name comes up on their forums as well?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
For someone who supposedly has no brand loyalties, you certainly seem to go out of your way to support the BMW brand.

Do you also dispel misinformation about the BMW brand on other forums such as the Camaro, Mopar or Corvette forums as I am sure that the BMW brand name comes up on their forums as well?
Yet I owned a Mustang GT for 5 years and always said it was a great car.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
When we graduated college my buddy bought a used 944S and bragged all about it. Shortly after he bought that car I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo AWD and just to piss him off got a custom plate:

944 ETR

We took our cars to a track day at Summit Point in WV and up rolls this dude in a 944 Turbo. We're all chatting before the day started and he noticed my plate and said "good thing that doesn't say 944 turbo eater...". He was right. Neither of us could hang with him.

Aaah, the good old days.
I had my 944 at a local very small road course and it was fun. I could put the car exactly where I wanted within inches. But I had the throttle wide open almost the entire time. With a GT or GT350, you have to limit the throttle a lot on that course.

There was an older BRZ there, and I really had to push super hard with the 944 to even be reasonably close to his lap speeds. So mine was pretty slow relative to anything recent.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Cadillac V car is my vote. GM alpha platform kicks ass.
The CT5-V is a good package with AWD. the 25 refresh looks even better. Wish the blackwings offered AWD.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The likelihood of the current generation of BMW inline 6 engines (B58 and S58) failing is extremely small. They are designed to handle huge boost pressure and do not have the heat related issues that effected previous models. Most of the BMWs I've owned were out of warranty. You just have to know what to avoid and where to take your car for maintenance and repairs. If you are going to take your BMW to a dealer and pay $1200 for a service that an independent garage will do for $400, you have no business complaining about the cost.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

How about you just ignore this thread! I see folks talking about Porsche's, Cadillac CTVs, S650 DH. What are you so afraid of? For reference, I defend the Mustang just as vehemently as I do the BMW M cars on those boards as well.

Out of 14 pgs of posts, I probably only have a few responses where I defend the M2.

3qzg9h.jpg

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Today I was next to a McLaren at a traffic light. Have to say that is an impressive car.

Sponsored

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
Maybe the new ones are slower but the 2018 to 2021 A10 were right at that ..,

I searched and found a quick motor trend article :

ā€œThe Hot Rod gang clocked a time of 11.83 seconds at 119.51 mph. That was the best time of the day, but the guys report that the Mustang GT consistently posted high-11s with ease. The test vehicle was a brand-new, bone-stock Mustang GT equipped with the optional 10-speed automatic transmission and the Performance Package, which brings 460 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque and sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires.ā€

So we can search all day but this is a drivers race in the quarter mile. Stop glorifying BMWs on a mustang forum go buy one and get on their boring forums and discuss watches and golf clubs.
I get it now, you are one of those internet/magazine racers. More interested in what the rags say(sponsored) than what really happens. HAHA ok

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ol' Dave really caused a sÄ„!Å£ storm on his way out the door. Seven days and 11 pages in... We're all still wishing him goodbye and good luck at the "Sprechen Sie Deutsch" 2G forum. šŸ‘‹ šŸŽ šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
Obviously not as bright as you to walk away when you did as I hung in there for some 14 pages of Ol' Dave leaning towards the M2 and then back to a toss-up between the two vehicles amongst many other interesting comments.

At the end of the day when Ol' Dave launched his thread, I suggest that he never intended on purchasing another Mustang and even spoke of leaving his new M2 stock other than Eibach Pro-Kit springs and spacers therefore this thread was a sham before it even got started.

Wishing him good luck with his leased and Mexican built M2 and being that we reside not too far away from each other I might even get lucky and see him at an HPDE or another automotive event down the road.

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I get it now, you are one of those internet/magazine racers. More interested in what the rags say(sponsored) than what really happens. HAHA ok
No I get it ..your an unexperienced driver that thinks your silly roll races represent the cars speed over experienced drivers .. I have drag raced for over 15 years so I know you donā€™t know anything

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Amen brother, they aren't mustang enthusiasts they wanted euro cars couldnā€™t afford one so they purchased a Mustang and now dream of euro garbage lololo

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Amen brother, they aren't mustang enthusiasts they wanted euro cars couldnā€™t afford one so they purchased a Mustang and now dream of euro garbage lololo
Iā€™ll tell you all what. Canā€™t deny BMW makes some awesome vehicles, I canā€™t deny I wouldnā€™t own one again, and canā€™t deny that if In my lifetime I could ever do it, Iā€™d get that McLaren.. :wink: I :beer: wonder how much an oil change costs on that baby. Glad
I like my Mustang.
Sponsored

Last edited: