Sponsored

Is Wengerd performance or Lund tuning good ?

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I just got a Lund tune with their new LRX device. The fact that they offer a real flex tune via PCMTec combined with Zeitronix’s ethanol sensor was why. For my purposes the LRX device was also a better choice than the HP Tuner device offerings.

Device was ordered Saturday, shipped Monday, and my car was tuned up by Wednesday. It was a very positive experience and I really like the tune so far. Power is there but it’s delivered very smoothly if that makes sense.

I have no experience with Wengerd but he very clearly knows what he is doing based on his various posts here. Several people here love the guy as well.

From a tune quality perspective both will be great. If you’re looking for specific features that may sway you into one option or the other like it did for me.
It’s going to be hard decision for me 🤔
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
t’s going to be hard decision for me 🤔
Not really. Get LUND to tune cylinders 1/2/3/4 & Wengerd to tune cylinders 5/6/7/8.
Win/Win.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I can only speak as to my experience with customer service as I am not tuned yet. wengerd- great and responsive - if they offered pcmtec flex id go with them in a heartbeat.
Lund was meh, they must have thought I was a moron because they told me they couldn’t help me with pcmtec flex.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Tuned by Wengard and my car runs great on 93 and E85 tune.

Before Wengerd my 10r80 would shift flare 3rd, 4,th, 5th all the time and sometimes 6th gear by previous tuner.

Now shifts are great and car runs strong.

I also had him add the roll race tune and love it.

Fast response times annd explains things to you when needed.

Next month taking the car on the dyno to establish all new numbers while he checks everything out.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Tuned by Wengard and my car runs great on 93 and E85 tune.

Before Wengerd my 10r80 would shift flare 3rd, 4,th, 5th all the time and sometimes 6th gear by previous tuner.

Now shifts are great and car runs strong.

I also had him add the roll race tune and love it.

Fast response times annd explains things to you when needed.

Next month taking the car on the dyno to establish all new numbers while he checks everything out.
what’s a roll race tune? Also you got any videos of you doing a pull?

Sponsored

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
what’s a roll race tune? Also you got any videos of you doing a pull?
I can keep the shifter in S then down shift to the gear I want, go WOT and the car shifts on its own without using paddles or pushing shifter into D.
No videos but I’m waiting for my welds to arrive and I’ll get some vids for sure.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Shoemaker over Lund, IMO. If youre turbo then wengerd. If you want the new hotness from PCM tech, Lund for the moment. If you want a simple e85 flex tune Livernois. If you want a 93 tune but not necessarily e85, Unleashed Tuning or Steeda.

Who do you want to support?
If you have an A10, Lund seems lost. We herd and the others seem to have a.better handle on the topic.

Or just run e30 on stock tune.

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Complicated...

Wengerd when I was tuned by him gave you a lot more personal relationship than Lund will.
Maybe this has changed but when you are tuned by Wengerd you are tuned by him and he will email you and learn your car and you. He will respond after typical business hours and sometimes on the weekends.

Lund sets you up with one of their employees. So it can be a hit or miss if you like the person or not. They seem to forget the mods on my car and don't respond after typical business hours. They will give you preferential treatment if you pay more and if you have a social media presence.

As far as the actual tuning goes I would say I like Lunds tunes more. Lund has put a lot of time in getting their base tune files working really well and making sure there are very little kinks. I have also heard they have gotten inside info from Ford and Whipple to fix issues in their tunes. Wenderd had issues tuning my JLT cai (which I can not find any issues with and Lund claims is fine) and he had issues with my transmission shifting with paddle shifters (he told me this issue has since been fixed). To be fair Lund has had issues with making my car faster and sometimes they send me tunes where clearly something is majorly affected and the car is way slower and they just shrug it off.

As far as who to choose, idk. I want to start tuning the car myself because I am picky and I want to really dial my car in. If you are 10r80 and want to do fbo e85 and want to be fast I would say Tricky Performance. Anything else and everyone's opinions are different. One person will have a great experience and one person will have a terrible experience.

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
No need to tune. These ECU's are self-learning.

Install 88mm turbocharger and get er done. Should learn within a few hours.
That's what wide band o2s are for.

+200% ltft at wot with +- 3% stft car is pretty dialed.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Sure. The stock ECU has that wide of latitude?
Only one way to find out I guess.

But on a serious note the ecu doesn't like 60%+ fuel correction... ask me how I know :(
I think the problem is at higher fuel corrections the car can misread and go lean way easier. At least that's the thought with mine as I was running high fuel correction for a while and then one random small pull and car went lean and melted a piston. Probably best to follow the advice of keeping it to no more than 10% total fuel correction. And don't be an idiot like me haha

Waycool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I plan to be getting my car tuned for the first time and wondering if any of you guys have experience with these 2 tuners ? I’m leaning towards wengerd , but I haven’t seen any videos of his e85 tunes. Maybe Lund but I’m not sure. Thanks.
Look on YouTube for HPR, Zander13, and Stangmode. They have all used Wengerd for tuning. They all said good things about his Tunes and transmission tuning.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Look on YouTube for HPR, Zander13, and Stangmode. They have all used Wengerd for tuning
If I was Wengerd I'd ask them to never mention my name. Those ass-clowns should go do something useful like trying to explore ocean reefs without scuba gear.

Waycool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
If I was Wengerd I'd ask them to never mention my name. Those ass-clowns should go do something useful like trying to explore ocean reefs without scuba gear.
Dang 😂.
Sponsored