Prymetime1

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
It says my 21 Mustang is not compatible with that? Any ideas?
Whats not compatible bud? I decided on a different route for now but can share whatever ive learned. Lmk.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
It says my 21 Mustang is not compatible with that? Any ideas?
If nothing changed between the 20 Mustang and the 21 Mustang you could try to flash the DSR1 or AR as a 2020 Mustang. I did that with mine to test something at one point and it did work.
But you could also ask the idatalink support when they release the firmware for the 2021 Mustang.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Whats not compatible bud? I decided on a different route for now but can share whatever ive learned. Lmk.
The RF DSP device. What route did you end up going? I was thinking Audio Control LC7 and replace front/rear speakers and a dual 12 box. I may just start with replacing the B&O sub first and see how it sounds.

DDS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Thanks for the replies peeps, the stock 9 speaker system got better when i added my sub, really filled in the bottom end...however after rocking it this way for a while i started to notice crackling and popping in the speakers...volumes over 19....after some further research as much as i dont mind tearing into it....im going to leave it for another day. The rockford dsp i was planning to use seems to have some werid feedback on things. That, along with the cost of multi channel amps...ill back burner it.

For now, i ended up going with crutchfiels recommendations, plug & play PB set up for doors n deck, Infiniti 3.5s for doors. I've read were this alone has made a difference that many were happy with....well see.

20220327_083011.jpg
How did this set up work out for you?

OP
OP
Prymetime1

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
How did this set up work out for you?
not installed yet. i figured while at, attempt to sound deaden things too. so i ordered a box, its been delivered and now im just staring at the pile of goodies to go in. I also ordered Forscan tool, downloaded software and getting ready to turn off the eq. hoping this is a win when complete. I'll post up results when done.

Reactions: DDS

Sponsored

OP
OP
Prymetime1

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
I made some progress this week and finally wrapped up the front doors yesterday. Everything installed with no isssues. I was able to add 3 sheets of deadener to each door, that seems to have made a decent impact. The doors have a more solid feel to them now. From only a few minutes of listening....theres a nice improvement already.

Looking fwd to the rear deck replacement and then eq flattening via forscan

Pics of said upgrade....

20220422_174047.jpg

20220422_171926.jpg

20220422_214005.jpg

20220422_174049.jpg

20220422_171924.jpg

20220423_210154.jpg

20220422_171708.jpg

20220423_210146.jpg

20220422_171659.jpg

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I made some progress this week and finally wrapped up the front doors yesterday. Everything installed with no isssues. I was able to add 3 sheets of deadener to each door, that seems to have made a decent impact. The doors have a more solid feel to them now. From only a few minutes of listening....theres a nice improvement already.
Thanks for this write up. Really interested in hearing how you feel after listening to it for more time. Did you end up disabling the factory tweeters in the A pillar? I have the same woofers in the doors and also switched out the tweeters that came with them. After some time I came to dislike the sound as I noticed some weird popping from the woofers when turned up. I was going to put it back to stock since I didnā€™t hear it that way. I started with the tweeters and was going to do the woofers the next day and noticed the popping was completely gone with the stock tweeters back in. I can only assume it was due to the impedance mismatch from the 4 ohm tweeters I put in, which are wired parallel with the 3.5s. The 3.5s you installed are 3 ohm? If you still have the factory tweeters installed then the total impedance is like 2.2 ohm now instead of 4 (8 ohm and 8 ohm parallel factory). Really curious if you come across the same issue I did.

OP
OP
Prymetime1

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Thanks for this write up. Really interested in hearing how you feel after listening to it for more time. Did you end up disabling the factory tweeters in the A pillar? I have the same woofers in the doors and also switched out the tweeters that came with them. After some time I came to dislike the sound as I noticed some weird popping from the woofers when turned up. I was going to put it back to stock since I didnā€™t hear it that way. I started with the tweeters and was going to do the woofers the next day and noticed the popping was completely gone with the stock tweeters back in. I can only assume it was due to the impedance mismatch from the 4 ohm tweeters I put in, which are wired parallel with the 3.5s. The 3.5s you installed are 3 ohm? If you still have the factory tweeters installed then the total impedance is like 2.2 ohm now instead of 4 (8 ohm and 8 ohm parallel factory). Really curious if you come across the same issue I did.
Hey Mike, no i have not disabled the factory A pillar tweets yet... I was going to put the PB tweets in but after more reading and coming to find they are probably not that necessary, will just leave them alone for the time being. so far, the few minutes in it yesterday i felt like the sound deading helped a lot in the doors, sounded more dense imo. no rattling.

i cant say that I am excited to do the back speakers, however i am kind of looking fwd to finding and getting rid of the annoying rattle/vibration back there.

im being shy on the forscan, not really sure its needed now. you got anything on that end?

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
The factory tweeters SUCK! I would replace the factory tweeters with the PB tweeters you already have! Those will make a bigger difference than replacing the 6.5 mid bass speakers. However, they may not be needed since you are replacing the 3.5ā€™s with coaxials. I have the lowly base 6 speaker system.

I went with Focal 6.5 components that had in line crossovers which made the install a lot easier. Holy cow what an amazing difference! I also put some Focal coaxial 6.5s in the rear deck after fixing the bass rolloff with forscan.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Hey Mike, no i have not disabled the factory A pillar tweets yet... I was going to put the PB tweets in but after more reading and coming to find they are probably not that necessary, will just leave them alone for the time being. so far, the few minutes in it yesterday i felt like the sound deading helped a lot in the doors, sounded more dense imo. no rattling.

i cant say that I am excited to do the back speakers, however i am kind of looking fwd to finding and getting rid of the annoying rattle/vibration back there.

im being shy on the forscan, not really sure its needed now. you got anything on that end?
Yes, I do have an opinion on that. I was hesitant to do it, wasnā€™t sure what was actually happening when ā€œflattening the EQā€. I wasnā€™t convinced by what I was reading here. I wasnā€™t going to buy the OBD interface just for that. But I ended up wanting my DRL situation fixed enough to buy it for that purpose and while I ā€œwas in thereā€ I decided to try the EQ thing as well, knowing I could just switch it back. Iā€™ll tell you what, I wish it was the first thing I did. As it is now, I think the biggest place the 9 speaker falls down is the 3.5s in the door, hence my interest in this thread. The rears are almost non existent as far as I can tell and I wouldnā€™t mind getting more out of them, so thatā€™s something I may tackle down the road.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Back speaker removal/install sucks, mostly because the rear bolt is so close to the glass youā€™ll need a small ratchet elbow or a 7mm allen socket and a ratcheting 1/4ā€ wrench. A 90 degree wrench is still too tall to fit.
The rattle is from the trunk light housing (most likely). I pulled the housing out and added JK tape around the hole a little on the housing sides. No more rattle for me. While you have the panel off might as well add a little sound deadener to the sheet metal. It doesnā€™t require a lot since the rear shelf has a ton of ribs molded into it.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Forscan EQ adj helps a lot with fullness of sound and some improved bass, but it doesnā€™t solve the horrid frequency response of the oem pillar tweeters. I canā€™t emphasize just how bad they are.

Yeah the rear speaker install is not much fun, but itā€™s doable. That back bolt is a bugger. I wish they would have flipped the bolt pattern on those damn rear shelfā€™s so itā€™s not such a pain in the ass. Seems like a cake walk compared to the Alpine PSU-300MTG install I did yesterday. That was six hours of super fun times! But wow does my stereo sound amazing now! Wahoo! Iā€™m finally done with the stereo!

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I should of just got a 700a but just couldnā€™t pay 4K just to get a better Radio.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
The B&O should of bin an option on the 600a

OP
OP
Prymetime1

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
The B&O should of bin an option on the 600a
From what i read, apparently the b & o falls short for what some people would expect from the premo grade radio.
Tbh, i dont need a killer set up but i still needed to feel the music if u get what i mean. The couple hundred into this upgrade is well worth it imo. Adding a sub alone did wonders but its finally coming alive with the door upgrades.
Sponsored