Sponsored

Has anyone ordered a Mach 1 yet

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
LOL. Damn straight I want to. The dealer I sold my 2018 to sold it today, took all of 8 days listed at $1,000 below new MSRP. Sigh. In it for the long haul now.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah, looks cool but it's not even the SRT model.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
point is why would anyone take ownership of a 21 model year car when 22’s are out. If you think as soon as you drive any car off the lot it’s worth let’s say $5000 less, then taking delivery of a model that’s already a year older upon delivery is like $10,000
I don't think this is relevant at all. Not unless you sell it 6 months later or something. If you sell it 5 years later, the cars being 100% identical and the only difference being few months between build dates, I don't believe there would be 10k difference in sales price. Who knows if MY22 will even be a thing, with so few MY21 cars build, maybe they'll just have MY21 till October 2022 😁 Anyway the situation is different for you in USA, you have more options in everything including this. We get 20 cars per country, probably only 1 blue automatic Mach 1, who knows if they'll be sold here next year or if I could get the colour I want... I'm not taking my chances, plus drop in price is irrelevant to me, not planning on selling :clap:

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
I don't think this is relevant at all. Not unless you sell it 6 months later or something. If you sell it 5 years later, the cars being 100% identical and the only difference being few months between build dates, I don't believe there would be 10k difference in sales price. Who knows if MY22 will even be a thing, with so few MY21 cars build, maybe they'll just have MY21 till October 2022 😁 Anyway the situation is different for you in USA, you have more options in everything including this. We get 20 cars per country, probably only 1 blue automatic Mach 1, who knows if they'll be sold here next year or if I could get the colour I want... I'm not taking my chances, plus drop in price is irrelevant to me, not planning on selling :clap:
True

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Not concerned about the resale value but hate to get a car and then park it at home being unable to drive it all over the place.

It’s still better for me because I live in the Bay Area so it’s still worth going places in August. But any later than that and it’s pointless. I am not going to get a car in September or October and keep at home while see the 22MY released in front of me.

I’m pretty sure i’ll be canceling if I don’t see my car by early - mid August.

Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone else think Ford is just going to convert some 21 orders to 22? I expect them to, and I don’t think there will be any changes between 21 and 22. Once the plant gets going again, they’ve only got so much time to make S550’s before they have to get the plant ready for S650’s.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Anyone else think Ford is just going to convert some 21 orders to 22? I expect them to, and I don’t think there will be any changes between 21 and 22. Once the plant gets going again, they’ve only got so much time to make S550’s before they have to get the plant ready for S650’s.
I would think they have most parts ready to assembly and so think as soon. As they have those stinking chips they’ll bang out the rest of the orders relatively quickly. Of course I haven’t a clue though…

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Found a new 2021 Camaro SS 1LE for $1K MSRP less than what I'm paying for the M1. Everything the M1 has plus heated/cooled/memory Recaros, head up display, data recorder and a sunroof. All that good stuff with probably better performance for less money, and I just can't get motivated to consider buying it. Just can't get past the looks (or non-looks is more like it). Can't measure appearance but it's definitely as much a part of owning a car as measurables. For years I thought Dodge had some of the best looking vehicles out there but they were missing some of the performance stuff. Just wondering if the reason that Mustangs out-sell other similar vehicles is they're good at everything but great at nothing, while other cars are great in some aspects but mediocre in others.

https://www.murraychevy.com/Vehicle...amaro-2dr_Coupe_2SS-Selinsgrove-PA/5039115350
Performance wise, the SS 1LE is a very nice package, everything you need for the track, GM got this right and kept the price down. I think I could actually be faster in the Camaro than the Mustang GT at the track, has been this way for a few years now. The Camaro chassis control and body movements to me are better, and gives me more confidence to push deeper into a corner, and powerout of it harder. It feels "more like sitting in the Camaro, oppossed to felling like sitting on top of the Mustang beneath you." (a magazine put it like this an I agree).

Camaro has power but it comes on very early lots of torque, torquey through the powerband too...but it is rather lazy, feels like you have to give it plenty of gas to get it to rev, feels like a heavy flywheel, more engine inertia and rotational mass. It is not nearly as fun as a coyote to rev out to red line and bang off some shifts. You know the Camaro has the power, but at times it "feels" likes its not as ready to deliver it, whereas the Coyote is almost always saying "give me more, more, MORE".... like that crazy girl you knew was no good for you but ended up in your bed anyways! This might be purely mental but its how it felt, and to me, that makes driving the Coyote engines more fun.

However, there is no way I would want to live with the Camaro everyday. Visibility is truly abysmal, I couldn't even fathom high speed quick lane changes in that. The interior quality isn't as nice as the Mustang, I'm talking quality of materials ect, not styling, styling is subjective. With that said the deign astethics inside feel older (because they are). If I remember the trunk was smaller, as was back seat space. Something about it, just didn't feel as livable as the Mustang as a daily driver.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
My poor baby sitting there in the sun…

DCF5046F-3DE6-4144-9FA0-DF4D7D0657A8.jpeg
So I sold my car to the dealer that I ordered the M1 from for $1000 more than I paid brand new 3 years ago. It sold for almost new MSRP in 10 days. Saleman says some mom and her kid traded in an old Honda for it, and mom drove it off the lot. OMG... hope they don't kill themselves. Or someone else!

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
So I sold my car to the dealer that I ordered the M1 from for $1000 more than I paid brand new 3 years ago. It sold for almost new MSRP in 10 days. Saleman says some mom and her kid traded in an old Honda for it, and mom drove it off the lot. OMG... hope they don't kill themselves. Or someone else!
Sounds like you made yourself a heck of a good deal. Hard to beat driving for free for 3 years.
Sponsored