scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would have to say manual as well that's all I drive even as my daily driver . It's easy and fun
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
Thanks for all the input guys....I opted for the automatic. Thi si the ony mustang I am going to buy, and while the stick,would be traditional...but I went auto...and hope the paddle shifters will suffice my desire for the stick.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The poll is so far in the manual column it's not even funny. Why even ask the question?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Stick don't listen to the "Auto for DD"....I will DD stick until my leg falls off.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
The poll is so far in the manual column it's not even funny. Why even ask the question?
I just thought I would ask and could get some feed back from the people on this forum. That's why I asked.....

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Thanks for all the input guys....I opted for the automatic. Thi si the ony mustang I am going to buy, and while the stick,would be traditional...but I went auto...and hope the paddle shifters will suffice my desire for the stick.
I believe it will for the most part, the only difference in my opinion is your ability to skip a gear when shifting (going from 5 to 3 for instance). With an auto you can hit the paddle twice (I'm sure) but I do not know how quick the system will respond to that. TBH I am new to high performance vehicles. I've driven a mustang a couple of times (most recently May of this year a 2013 GT) So I could be completely off base and welcome anyone who can set me straight.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I have my dealer working hard...so,I had an auto on order but then wished I had the 6 speed, never had a stick, and this is my first Mustang....help,me decide. Time is limited..seriously.
Somehow, I suspect that you are going to enjoy this car so much, that you'll like it whichever transmission you choose.

(But I'm giving you a vote for the automatic).

I've done manual for 10 years, and for me it is time to step away and let the someone else to the shifting for a while, so I'm going automatic, myself.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Congrats

the paddles will NEVER give you the satisfaction a manual does

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it will for the most part, the only difference in my opinion is your ability to skip a gear when shifting (going from 5 to 3 for instance). With an auto you can hit the paddle twice (I'm sure) but I do not know how quick the system will respond to that. TBH I am new to high performance vehicles. I've driven a mustang a couple of times (most recently May of this year a 2013 GT) So I could be completely off base and welcome anyone who can set me straight.
A lot of modern autos will stack shift commands in manual mode, mainly torque converter-based ones. My ZF6 would and it debuted ages ago.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I just thought I would ask and could get some feed back from the people on this forum. That's why I asked.....
Not criticizing so don't get me wrong. Was genuinely curious since at the time I looked it was 15 to 2 in favor of a manual and you chose auto anyway. I'm sure you'll enjoy it no matter what.

joevsw0rld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Daily Driver dealing with LA Traffic. Ordering automatic never crossed my mind once..

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Good choice! The 6R80 is a beast of a transmission. :thumbsup:

Sponsored