Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If I remember correctly I can change the mileage setting to the correct number once its time to do the install right?
I don't think you can do it yourself. From what I understand Sam has this done at his local dealerschip before shipping out the set. I'm sure he can comment on that.

Is there somekind of proof needed that U don't cheat whit this? Get a Ford dealer to verify it?
That depends on your local regulations I suppose. Over here I just replaced mine and nobody cares. I did do an almost exact changeover, the new cluster setting was only 4km higher than the analogue one at the time of the swap.
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
If you have forscan, you can change the mileage/km to something higher but not backwards from what the current odometer says.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
If you have forscan, you can change the mileage/km to something higher but not backwards from what the current odometer says.
I thought I read that it did not work for 2018+ IP's I had them program it for me when I got my IP... I am not going to try it as my miles are spot on right now.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It’s kind of what relates to this whole thread. I’ve installed 6 of these clusters since forscan was capable of programming mileage without issue.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have no rattles at all, let me know if it helped.
No more rattle! The angle slightly cuts off the very top of the dash display but nothing that warrants any additional tweaking. Worth it to have a solid install. Thanks for the tip

Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
No more rattle! The angle slightly cuts off the very top of the dash display but nothing that warrants any additional tweaking. Worth it to have a solid install. Thanks for the tip
Good deal... I just could not do the install half way and not as "correct" as I possibly could. I looked at how only the lower 2 screws were holding it in place, and how flimsy that point was. For me it was a no brainer I didn't even drive it without that extra support, and I wondered it would rattle, and I hate rattles... Once I made the brackets and screwed the IP in, I knew it would be solid.

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Anyone have there's black out and is there a way to fix it? Thanks

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Okay so I talked to Ford here in Denmark, and aside from the mechanic not knowing that it is possible to put in a newer cluster, they couldn’t see anything wrong with me just switching over, and just taking some pictures of the odometer before and after, if I should someday sell the car. Which will never happen.

I have ordered a full kit from Hellhorse now. Then its just a waiting game, and hope it will stay clear of customs here. :fingerscrossed:
Can't wait to do this install:sunglasses:

Last edited:

1967&2015_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LM
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack
I installed the new Digital Dash for my 2015 Mustang GT Premium PP which I got from Sam @breeves002 and it works perfectly - this Digital Dash is awesome basically plug and play and a couple hours of work. Thanks to Sam and everyone on this tread for all the great info.

Sponsored

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Bad connection?
No I heard it was glitch and has to be taken back to get flashed by ford and for obvious reasons dont want to that..Has done about 4 times a few seconds each then comes back on. Really weird.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Like all electronic things I wonder if you have a bad connection. If it was me, I would take apart the dash, and start wiggling wires and the connector etc while it is on and see if you can repeat it. It may be a bad connection from a wire. Heck when I put my steering wheel back together I thought I had it right, but my airbag light came on... It was just a bad connection. Hopefully it is something simple, and not internal to the IP.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I wired the three wires according to the wiring diagram and installed the new pressure sensor. It did not work after starting the car. I'm currently checking all the as built data, and will check to verify that the 5 volt reference is present.
@dawolf do you have an update on this? I have a 2018 EB Premium 201A already came with the digital dash, but I would like enable digital oil pressure. It is not visible as one of gauges you can select. So, I'm guessing the tune is required for sure, but is wiring in the 3 wire oil pressure sensor required? I've seen conflicting information on the install PP gauges thread as to tune only or both are required. I just finished the install of the PP gauges and no surprise, the oil pressure is gauge is dead. Were you able to get the gauge working in the digital dash?

Edit: Anyone know how to enable the oil pressure gauge to show as one of the available gauges to select in the IPC?
Sponsored