2019 GT PP1 A10

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So would it be safe to say that i should be okay with the extended warranty and getting the tune installed at my dealership?

Either way, ive never had any issues with my engines on any of my cars that have had extended warranties on em...

But when i called the Extended Warranty people they seemed pretty firm on saying they would not cover the motor if i installed a tune on it... Thats why i was curious if it was easy for Ford to see if a tune has been installed...

Anyways, thanks!!

Edit 1: Also, are there any big differences between a Ford Tune and a Roush Tune? Or is it pretty much the same thing?

Also, my dealership offered me a Stage 2 Roush Supercharger kit for 8k, is that a good deal? :p

-Pablo
I’ll second that if that’s all inclusive, I’d jump on that - and get some triangle OPG’s installed for an additional thousand all inclusive.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I was convinced to go with the power pack 3, but after reading this thread, it seems that I will lean for the pack 2....

I like the pp2 that has the highest torque in the mid-rpm range, but the pp3 stretches to 7500 rpm and has more cv force.

Many doubts

Last edited:

interceptor19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Ordered some today. I thought the Ford performance oil catch didnt work with PP2?
I'm using JLT's 3.0. And the Ford Performance one does work, it's just that the brackets won't attach the container to the mounting location and it "floats" there due to the larger intake tube. However that doesn't seem to be an issue as the JLT floats there as well by design. I chose the JLT simply because it's functional performance is nearly identical for the Ford Performance solution but it's easier to empty by just unscrewing it instead of unscrewing 4 allen screws.

Although the Ford Performance one does have a larger tank capacity. Either will work.
So, has anybody installed the PP2 on a '15-'17 with the Ford Performance catch can that Ford says doesn't work? I'm curious to see a picture or hear about how the catch can floats from somebody that has this combo and want to make sure it actually works.

Thanks.

Sponsored

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone who has had PP2 and PP3 in an automatic GT can give me their opinion?
I only use the car on weekends, on holidays and sometimes on the track with friends, and I like to go fast :rockon:

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
So, has anybody installed the PP2 on a '15-'17 with the Ford Performance catch can that Ford says doesn't work? I'm curious to see a picture or hear about how the catch can floats from somebody that has this combo and want to make sure it actually works.

Thanks.
It works, very tight fit but works fine.
5.jpg

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see that almost everyone puts a single catch can, isn't it better to put it on both sides?, if it only puts it on one side what should it be?, next to the driver or passenger?

Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Awesome thank you! Is it installed 100% stock or did you have to modify anything for it to fit?
I also can vouch that it does fit, but it is tight. I actually had to remove the catch can to get the throttle body in there. The connector on the new throttle body is right where the catch can sits, I couldn't get my hand around to plug it in with the catch can in place. Once the throttle body was installed and connected I was able to get the catch can back in place. No further mods were necessary for me.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
I was too excited to get this installed and missed checking the box to adapt the spark map for bad octane gas. Can I just re-flash the tune with the box checked or an i hosed?

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
I see that almost everyone puts a single catch can, isn't it better to put it on both sides?, if it only puts it on one side what should it be?, next to the driver or passenger?
passengerside

bubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I had my PP2 installed on my 17' GT auto recently. Have a few hundred miles on it. Parked it for a couple of days while we had a lot of rain/thunderstorms. Went to drive it this morning and it was studdering a bit during a cold start...went to drive it down the road and it died. Started it up and was running fine, then as soon as I put it in gear it started acting up again. Got it back home, looks like some water/moisture got into the airbox/air filter area...my only guess is the moisture is messing with the air sensor/air metering. I tried to read the codes with an older MAC tools code reader, but couldn't connect. I thought I could read codes with the Procal tool, but that didn't seem to work either.

Anyways, not too happy with these kind of issues....car has been 100% reliable since day 1, over 30k miles. I like the driveability/performance of the PP2....but have to figure out something to keep water from getting to the filter.

Been searching for a pre-filter solution and maybe a way to block the hood vent; anyone have suggestions?

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I had my PP2 installed on my 17' GT auto recently. Have a few hundred miles on it. Parked it for a couple of days while we had a lot of rain/thunderstorms. Went to drive it this morning and it was studdering a bit during a cold start...went to drive it down the road and it died. Started it up and was running fine, then as soon as I put it in gear it started acting up again. Got it back home, looks like some water/moisture got into the airbox/air filter area...my only guess is the moisture is messing with the air sensor/air metering. I tried to read the codes with an older MAC tools code reader, but couldn't connect. I thought I could read codes with the Procal tool, but that didn't seem to work either.

Anyways, not too happy with these kind of issues....car has been 100% reliable since day 1, over 30k miles. I like the driveability/performance of the PP2....but have to figure out something to keep water from getting to the filter.

Been searching for a pre-filter solution and maybe a way to block the hood vent; anyone have suggestions?
Water won't do that unless it's in the fuel.

Who installed it? Are you certain they flashed the PP2 tune after the install?
Sponsored